PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised me how easily the Cowboys were able to move the ball downfield against them at times. We don't have a Lamb or Gallup so let's hope we can scheme something up with guys like Henry to do the same. They looked a bit vulnerable against the run too which sadly I'm not sure we can exploit right now with the state of the O/L.

I know it's Milfson starting... but our defense was not good up front Sunday night and they will take advantage if that happens again.

Surprised me how easily the Cowboys were able to move the ball downfield against them at times. We don't have a Lamb or Gallup so let's hope we can scheme something up with guys like Henry to do the same. They looked a bit vulnerable against the run too which sadly I'm not sure we can exploit right now with the state of the O/L.

I know it's Milfson starting... but our defense was not good up front Sunday night and they will take advantage if that happens again.
The Patriots defense played great. Yeah they gave up the big run and a few +15 yard slants but overall it was good. The offense didn't help keep them off the field and fresh. The Dolphins one read pass attack gets the ball out quickly. Nothing the Jets do on offense is quick so Wilson will be running for his life.

The Patriots defense played great. Yeah they gave up the big run and a few +15 yard slants but overall it was good. The offense didn't help keep them off the field and fresh. The Dolphins one read pass attack gets the ball out quickly. Nothing the Jets do on offense is quick so Wilson will be running for his life.
THe secondary played great. Much better than up front. IMO

Part of the reason our front didn't look great against Miami was that they were playing a three high shell, and the Dolphin plays were designed to get the ball out in like 1.5 seconds. So there was no time to get the rush there most plays, and they didn't have help in the box to stop the run. The Jets have a better pure run game, but their OL also has issues, and we won't be playing the Wilsons the same way we play Tua with Hill/Waddle.

But you're right that they need to SHOW it before anyone should feel super comfortable, and if they're still down Jon Jones (and Marcus I assume, based on how that looked), there are going to be some frustrating plays made on them I'm sure. Can't lose three of your top four corners and take anybody lightly.

We have to win this. Doable even with their stout front seven and the calls that go Sauce Gardener’s way.

He’s Troy Vincent’s favorite player, doncha know.

They also held the potent Boys O to 2 TD, forcing 5 fg. They only allowed 3.0 rushing ypc. Big difference was 42.25 to 17.75 TOP and the -4 TO. Defense didn't stand a chance.

I see our game going different. If we can't stop Hall (who we never faced last season), it'll be a very long game.

Cole Strange had best get his head out of his arse. That was an unacceptable performance against the Dolphins.

And Onwenu probably still had to platoon with Mafi. Guy is massively overweight.

Trent Brown comes back. Why not put him where he belongs and keep promising Lowe at LT.

Gonna be big boy football. Quinnen Williams has the ability to move people. Maybe our own Barmore will wake up and be the impact player we’re hoping for.

This is the perfect old-school game for our slow thumpers, Bentley and Tavai, the guys who couldn’t keep up with Miami’s speed.

Just got back from a family vacation, and haven't been keeping up as much as I usually do. Have there been any updates or reporter observations on Marcus and Jon Jones injuries.

I already posted this in the "Jets suck" thread but I think it belongs here as well.

Let's keep the streak going!!!

14 straight huh? So they're due. :evil:

It's Wilson vs the Pats defense, which is made up of players. Bill could have the greatest game plan in the history of game plans but the players have to execute it properly.

This is a pretty formidable version of the Jets. But then, they're still the Jets.

Team Gangrene is as "optimistic" about this game and their team as we are about ours. Lol

We have to win this. Doable even with their stout front seven and the calls that go Sauce Gardener’s way.

He’s Troy Vincent’s favorite player, doncha know.
He did get a DPI this week. So there is that! And maybe even one in week one if I recall correctly. So maybe they are at least warning him. Maybe...

This doc reminds me of the Jetes almost everytime they take the field....

poop GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST