PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 11 NFL Games

Re: Sunday Game Thread

Wow! What a scramble and throw by Keenum. He tight-roped the sideline and that pass. Incredible awareness by the UDFA rookie.

That was a ******* brilliant move by Byrd to disguise his blitz by going up to the line and pretending to communicate something to the linemen. None of the Jets picked him up at the snap.

Probably Ian debuted his feature a day early ?

Just testing something to see if it's worth adding or if it'll be a resource hog like the previous plugin.

Not sure who to root for in the Eagles-Redskins game. Anyone know what would hurt the Giants more....a Redskins win or an Eagles win?

Mcgloin with a great pass.

Not sure who to root for in the Eagles-Redskins game. Anyone know what would hurt the Giants more....a Redskins win or an Eagles win?

I cant root for RGME

According to PlayoffStatus.com, an Iggles win hurts more.

Giants What If?

Even though it sounds way too early to be talking about playoffs (insert Jim Mora rant video here), there are a lot of critical games this week for playoff positioning.

AFC​

1. 9-0 Chiefs (at Broncos)
Chiefs win and they open up a 2-game lead in the AFCW, and a 2 (or 3) game lead for the #1 seed in the AFC; a loss and they could drop from #1 to #5. If the Broncos lose they still have the #5 seed under control, but winning the division becomes far more difficult.

2. 7-2 Patriots (at Panthers)
A Pats win gives them a 1-game cushion over Indy for the #2 seed, and they could move to within one game of KC if the Chiefs lose for the #1 seed. A loss drops them into a tie with Indy for #2 in the AFC, and a loss plus a Jets win cuts their lead in the AFCE to one game over the Jets.

3. 7-3 Colts (won at Titans Thursday)
By winning the Colts opened up a 3-game lead in the AFCS with only six games left to play. Titans could have closed to within a half game of the Jets for the second wildcard spot with a win; by losing they are now in 11th place overall in the AFC.

4. 6-4 Bengals (home vs Browns)
Cincy has lost two in a row and are no longer a lock to win the AFCN. A win and they lead the division by 1½ over Baltimore even if the Ravens, or 2½ over them if the Ravens lose

5. 8-1 Broncos (at Chiefs)
See #1

6. 5-4 Jets (at Bills)
With a win and a Carolina win they could be only one game behind the Pats in the AFCE; a loss and a Pats win and they are three games behind. A win keeps them in the #6 seed for the playoffs; a loss helps the five four-win teams in the AFC that are behind them.

Outside looking in, need a win; Ravens and Browns still have division hopes alive as well as a wildcard:
7. 4-5 Dolphins (vs Chargers)
8. 4-5 Browns (at Bengals)
9. 4-5 Ravens (at Bears)
10. 4-5 Chargers (at Miami)
11. 4-6 Titans (lost to Colts)

NFC​

1. 9-1 Seahawks (vs Vikings)
A win keeps them two games ahead of the Saints for the #1 seed; a win and a loss by SF gives them a 3½ game lead in the NFCW.

2. 7-2 Saints (vs 49ers)
New Orleans needs a win to keep pace with Seattle, and more importantly to maintain their one-game lead over Carolina. A win and a loss by the Panthers opens up a 2-game lead in the NFCS; a loss and a Carolina win and they drop into a tie with the Panthers in the NFCS.

3. 6-3 Lions (at Steelers)
Detroit needs a win to maintain lead in NFCN. A win plus losses by Bears and Packers gives them a two-game lead. A loss and a win by either Chicago or Green Bay and they drop into a tie in the division.

4. 5-5 Eagles (vs Redskins)
Philly can take the lead in the NFCN over idle Dallas with a win. A loss drops them in the division, opens up the door for Washington, and hurts their wild card chances.

5. 6-3 Panthers (vs Patriots)
A win at worst keeps them one game off the lead in the NFCS and in the #5 playoff seed; a win plus a New Orleans loss puts them in a tie for first in the division. A loss could drop them two games behind the Saints, and into a tie with one or more of the three 5-4 teams for a playoff spot.

6. 6-4 49ers (at Saints)
Chances of repeating as division winners are pretty slim; at this point SF needs a win just to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Knocking on the door:

7. 5-4 Cardinals (at Jaguars)
Should have no problem with Jacksonville, but those west coast teams often have trouble going to the east coast for an early game.

8. 5-4 Bears (vs Ravens)
9. 5-4 Packers (at Giants)
A win could put either or both in a tie for 1st with the Lions; a loss drops them further behind for a wildcard spot.

On life support but still breathing:

3-6 Redskins (at Eagles)
3-6 Giants (vs Packers)
A benefit of playing in the NFC East is that even if a wild card spot is highly unlikely, winning the division is still a real possibility.

A couple of Raider drops stall the drive. McGloin looks good decision making wise.

Bobby Rainey - cut several times and bounced around the league. With the injuries the Bucs have at RB, he's finally getting his shot to prove he can play. He's looked pretty good these last two games.

Talk about grabbing life and opportunity by the cojones.

Press box announcement: Patrick Chung came out with a shoulder injury and "also bit his tongue".

Andy Dalton just outdoes himself with a pick-6 and it's 13-0 Browns ... He's got to be benched if for nothing else to send a message.

IMO the Eagles with Foles are the more reliable team there. Skins defense is attrocious, they were lit up by the Viqueens.

Bills up 10-0, great news!

Connor Barwin just destroyed RG3.

If I were him I'd take myself out the game after that hit.

That was...odd, but we'll take it! TD Bills

Dee Millner is horrid as a top 10 CB pick.

The Jets secondary sucks big time. 10-0 Bills.

Are the Bills going pull off the "upset?"

That would make my Sunday very exceptional.

PS: The new feature works great, Ian. It kinda reminds of the Fastest Chrome extension.

That was...odd, but we'll take it! TD Bills

Dee Millner is horrid as a top 10 CB pick.

Bothe the bills and the Jets DBs have been hosed when lofted passes hung in the air and the WRs adjusted to the ball while the DBs failing to look back outran the pass.

I've seen some of the most terrible, corny "nicknames" on this forum.

I put the "beef curtain" at 1st overall

Great points, but I know you're off a little with your math. I lived it.

A person who grew up in Boston as late as 1959 could have easily been a Giants fan, since we were fed their games up to that point and beyond. If those fans were as young as 10 that year, they'd only be 64 years old now.

The wise ones went with the Boston Patriots in 1960.

I was born in 1957 and never met or knew a single person my age, or anywhere close to my age, that grew up in New England and was a Giants fan. Maybe a few up until age ten or so, but that's it; they all switched allegiances by that point. After 1963 the Giants were wretched; the only people that continued to be fans of that team in the Boston area were from my parents generation. If anything kids from that generation were rooting for other pro football teams (Packers, Browns, Chiefs, etc.) if not the Patriots.

Perhaps it was different elsewhere, but that's how it was both where I grew up as a young kid, and with others that I met later after high school and beyond.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back