PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 11 NFL Games

The idiot took the checkdown option when he needed 80 yards with about 55 seconds left! Honestly people that give Smith credit need to stop, he's a pathetic excuse of a QB. Even when he plays safe he plays dumb.

That's the first time I've ever seen the great Hail Mary Checkdown pass. That thing is going to take the NFL by storm, just watch.

have patriots ever won a SNF game at home recently ? I cant seem to remember..

They've only played 2 games at home on Sunday Night since '08 this will be their 3rd Sunday Night game at home in 6 seasons. Yet in the same time frame they've played 7 road Sunday Night games.

After this season it will be 3 home & 8 road SNF games since '08.

yeah and we lost. I was wondering a SNF game we won @home..

07 vs Seagulls and 10 vs Packers. Strange because those two games played out almost the same way.

Outside of Arizona, Indy, and Oakland all home teams won this weekend

I'm not sure if that is a good or bad omen for the Pats.

The Pats are HOME underdogs next week. -2 Denver. That's disgusting.

Bet the Pats HEAVILY next Sunday night!

3h Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
High of 35 in Boston next Sunday for Brady-Manning XIV. And game is at night, so seems like chances are good it'll be in 20s for kickoff.

I think they have a very good defense, but I wonder if they are a bad match up for the Broncos. To beat Manning you have to pressure him. I think the Broncos' o-line can actually block the big body d-lines like the Chiefs. They have had problems in recent weeks with smaller faster d-lines like the Colts and Chargers. The Chiefs are four big bodies that out muscle o-lines for the most part.

On offense, the Chiefs tried to play the Broncos' style rather than their own style. I know they had problems running the ball, but they are not a vertical passing team. Alex Smith doesn't have the arm and their receivers can't catch. A better offense could have easily had two or three more TDs and/or field goals. The Chiefs had some shockingly wide, wide open receivers that Smith either missed or they dropped the ball.

I think the Pats could have won the game last night, possibly by a decent margin. The Pats have faster d-linemen than the Chiefs and Brady certainly could have exploited the secondary of the Broncos that burnt quite a bit last night. Not sure how the Pats' defensive back end would have done though (granted the Broncos are doing a lot more max protection to keep Manning clean).

Denver opens as an early favorite at New England

For what it's worth, Denver has been listed as 2½ point favorite over the Patriots next week.

That is the first time that the Pats will be the underdog at home in over eight years.

The last time the Patriots were not favored at home was November 7, 2005 when most of the secondary was injured and Peyton Manning and the 8-0 Colts beat the Patriots for the first time ever in New England, and Tom Brady had his first ever loss to the Colts.

To put that in perspective, there have been 708 NFL home underdogs since the last time the Pats were an underdog at home. To put that further in perspective, the Rams have been an underdog at home 45 times during that span since the last time the Pats were not favored at home.

FWIW Part II: Updated Super Bowl Odds
Denver 2/1
Seattle 3/1
New Orleans 6/1
New England 8/1
San Francisco 12/1
Carolina 14/1
Kansas City 16/1
Cincinnati 18/1

FWIW Part III:
When the Chiefs were listed as the underdog last night, that was the first time since at least 1990 (no data prior to then) that any NFL team with a 9-0 record was the underdog.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back