PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI broadcast from camp 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even get me started. I listen because it's all we have, for the most part.

Is anyone else disapointed with the over all Pats coverage this year?

Papers, Radio, and TV.

Be thankful that you don't live in Baltimore like we will be, for the next 11 months. One of the AM stations, 1570 I think, talks all Ravens all the time. I despise everything about the illegitimate, criminal Ravens, esp. after McNair & co. screwed the pooch vs. the dolts.

I can't get no satisfaction from CN8's Out of Bounds sometimes, either. Last night from the Boston studio was...Andy Gresh. Wrong Bogus also appears on the show - quite often, unfortunately. Once again I ask myself: Self, how the eff does Gresh get gigs like Out of Bounds and espn radio's The Huddle? He sux; don't these suits see that? And the fact that he and Bogus are drawing paychecks from the NEP (through 'BCN) is a disgrace to the human race.

Don't even get me started. I listen because it's all we have, for the most part.

Is anyone else disapointed with the over all Pats coverage this year?

Papers, Radio, and TV.
Do you remember the Andelman days? He would talk for hours about such things as toll both workers,or his favorit place to eat in Las Vagas. It drove to listen the 750 the score.Andy Gresh was just starting out,he was an obnoxious Steelers fan. But it was still much better than weei. On the [Score they would talk pats all day at least back in the mid-late 90's.

Do you remember the Andelman days? He would talk for hours about such things as toll both workers,or his favorit place to eat in Las Vagas. It drove to listen the 750 the score.Andy Gresh was just starting out,he was an obnoxious Steelers fan. But it was still much better than weei. On the [Score they would talk pats all day at least back in the mid-late 90's.

Yah, I remember the Andleman days. The Sports Huddle. The late 60s were great, eh?

Yah, I remember the Andleman days. The Sports Huddle. The late 60s were great, eh?
Was the sports huddle on ch. 38 after the red sox game on Sat. What ever the name of that show it was great. And if it wasn't the sports huddle sounds familier,Im sure Ive seen it.

It was a radio show on WBZ 1040. There were no sports talk TV shows in the 60s.

It was a radio show on WBZ 1040. There were no sports talk TV shows in the 60s.
I'm thinking of a show in the 70's. It had Upton Bell, Bob Lobel, and various reporters like McDouhna,gammens etc. They'ed sit around a round table and breaked down the latest sports news. As far as radio goes I remember WBZ haveing a sports radio talk show on Sat. and Sunday'sstarting at noon. Then it was just on in the weekend evenings,finaly it went off the air about 7 yr's ago.

Do you remember the Andelman days?

Yeah, and whatever happened to him, Mannix (who I found to be mostly irritating, but still not as irritating and insufferable as the current crew on EEI) and the other guy from the Patriot Ledger with the deep voice?

Yeah, and whatever happened to him, Mannix (who I found to be mostly irritating, but still not as irritating and insufferable as the current crew on EEI) and the other guy from the Patriot Ledger with the deep voice?
Andelman quit eei,why I don't know. I do know that the station was tired of him talking about everything but sports And there might have been something going on between him and Dale so,and so. Mannix retired,and I know who you are refering to from the P.L but i can't come up with his name . It'll come to me though.

Last edited:
Just remembered....it's Ron Hobson and I always liked the guy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a show in the 70's. It had Upton Bell, Bob Lobel, and various reporters like McDouhna,gammens etc. They'ed sit around a round table and breaked down the latest sports news. As far as radio goes I remember WBZ haveing a sports radio talk show on Sat. and Sunday'sstarting at noon. Then it was just on in the weekend evenings,finaly it went off the air about 7 yr's ago.

Yup, Upton Bell the "brilliant (sic) young General Manager" on Wyoming Blasting & Zoning, Andleman's name for WBZ after he left BZ.

When Andaman his two buddies started that radio show that was the first amateur hour of radio by sports fans for sports fans. And they talked about the Patriots.
It was wonderful for they voiced things that many Pats fans felt. It was SO NICE to HATE the NEW YAWK FOOTBALL JINTS in New Joisey. Nothing irritated Pats fans who followed the local local franchise only to be put down by "football fans" who had never gotten off their fat asses to actually go to a game. i hated the Giants fans with a passion. They were like Yankee fans ands proud and superior with a sucky team .

Dreary year in and dreary year out, every stinking week, sixteen dreary weeks, home or away the only NFL team you could watch were the damn Jiants. The Pats were frequently blacked out and not even all their away games made it onto the tube. But the damn Giants did. Eddie and his buddies started the rebellion and I loved him for it. They cajoled fans to let it out and feel the HATE for the Gotham city Yanks and also the Giants.

I also recall their critiques of the the hot dogs at Pats, Celts and Sox games. They even had a tasting contest for right and left field food as to what was better.

So do y'all remember Superfoot? The Pats were having kicker problems, so they decided to find one for the Pats. Probably the only time a sports talk show ever found a pro player. They decided to try out soccer kickers and by heaven, they found an Englishman with the unlikely name of John Smith. The got him a tryout, and SURPRISE, he made the team. He kicked well for many years.

Eddie's schitck got tired but I too loved the Sports Huddle back in the day. Pats talk. Lots of it. And yes, hatred of the over rated, over exposed New Yawk Jints. Man did I hate that club. Forced down our throats. Younger fans went with the Pats and most older folks backed the establishment NFL & the Giants. It was hard being a Pats fan then because they were a perpetual franchise with its shoelaces tied together.

My brother and I used to listen to The Sports Huddle on whatever AM station carried them (usually WHDH and WEEI). We got a kick out of their opening sequence. During hockey season, we would watch the Bruins on Sunday night from the Garden on TV38, listen to The Sports Huddle, and do our homework if any, at the same time.

WBZ-AM (they once had an FM rock station with DJs such as Captain Ken Shelton) had a show called Calling All Sports, hosted by Guy Maniella, which predated The Sports Huddle, I believe.

An example of WEEI's disgraceful dead sux bias: Late August/early September of 2005, I drive to MA from Hershey via I95. The wife & kids drove up earlier, so I control the radio. I tune to WEEI-FM as soon as I can receive the signal. It's about 9PM on Friday, and the Herald's Steve Buckley is hosting. Now, Opening Day for the defending SB Champion Patriots (vs. Oakland) is less than one week away, but guess what Buck wants to talk about? That's right, the dead sux. So I call the station, and explain to the screener that I live in PA and don't get to hear Pats talk, so could I ask Buckley about Bruschi and the defense. The a-hole says that he's only talking dead sux until his show ends at midnight, and he hangs up. I should have called again, but instead I changed to FM and listened to Rock and Roll for the rest of my ride.

Probably in the minority here, but think WEEI is fairly balanced, it is in the middle of the RS season and the Pats are only in preseason.. Dale and Holley are the only ones I listen to consistently, the morning political show sometimes has some sport talk.. and the big show spends most of its time yelling at each other. In RI it is either EEI or 99.7, so the choice is easy. I like Smerlas and DeOssie, but sometimes they get caught in the Big Show stuff and try to be experts on baseball or another sport.

But the REAL fans sports show back in those days was a program called Sportscope..on WBOS (I think) and on 10PM-midnight Sunday night. The late Eli Schlifer and George Bent, who was a local ref. That was a great show on sports!! But again..I remember late 50s..early 60s Voice of Sports on WHDH with Leo Egan and Don Gillis way before Guy Manilla or the Sports Huddle.

But the REAL fans sports show back in those days was a program called Sportscope..on WBOS (I think) and on 10PM-midnight Sunday night. The late Eli Schlifer and George Bent, who was a local ref. That was a great show on sports!! But again..I remember late 50s..early 60s Voice of Sports on WHDH with Leo Egan and Don Gillis way before Guy Manilla or the Sports Huddle.

Wow, that's old school. Wasn't Egan the voice of the red sox at one time? I remember Don Gillis hosted the red sox pre-game (and post-game?) shows on WHDH-TV (channel 5) during the Impossible Dream season. He also was the weeknight sports anchor on WHDH, later WCVB. And who could forget Candlepin Bowling on Saturdays? When we were kids, my brother and I used to watch that show all the time with our dad.

Billy B. just had his press confrence...and WEEI didn't even stream it. Pathetic

Billy B. just had his press confrence...and WEEI didn't even stream it. Pathetic

WEEI probably wished that the Mariners' Moose held a PC. That one they would have streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back