PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI broadcast from camp 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WEEI broadcast from camp 10:00

Work disables all streaming media so I can't get this (plus I don't live in NE), could someone please (nordberg) post a little breakdown from the show.

It will be up on the WEEI web site a little later.

No problem...I'm in sales (working from home office).

MOSS is at practice per Dale and Holley.

They said Moss was out there in his jersey and his leg was NOT wrapped at all and he didn't seem to have a limp, I guess it's just walkthroughs because of the heat. Also Bruschi is scheduled to be on later for what Holley called an "extended" amount of time talking about the book.

Nothing like a lot of Red Sox talk at Gillette. I think it adds an interesting touch of WEEI flaunting they really mostly care about the Red Sox in the Patriots' faces. It will get that disrespect thing going.

Right now they are talking about the Yankees.

Nothing like a lot of Red Sox talk at Gillette. I think it adds an interesting touch of WEEI flaunting they really mostly care about the Red Sox in the Patriots' faces. It will get that disrespect thing going.

Don't even get me started. I listen because it's all we have, for the most part.

Is anyone else disapointed with the over all Pats coverage this year?

Papers, Radio, and TV.

Don't even get me started. I listen because it's all we have, for the most part.

Is anyone else disapointed with the over all Pats coverage this year?

Papers, Radio, and TV.

I think the Patriots coverage has been better this year than in the past, but it still sucks. WEEI seem to not to know how to talk football without DeOssie and Smerlas on the radio. Listening to Sean McAdam talk football is painful.

I know a lot of people have e-mail Jason Wolfe about the lack of Patriots talk on the radio and he basically says the callers control the topics (which is BS because the hosts set up the discussion) and they don't screen calls (more BS) and that this is just a baseball town. Funny, the 8,000 or so people who showed up to the first day of training camp might disagree with that.

Also, I actually find myself listening to Felger just because he talks football. I think he is a horrible talk show host, but at least it is football.

I think the Patriots coverage has been better this year than in the past, but it still sucks. WEEI seem to not to know how to talk football without DeOssie and Smerlas on the radio. Listening to Sean McAdam talk football is painful.

I know a lot of people have e-mail Jason Wolfe about the lack of Patriots talk on the radio and he basically says the callers control the topics (which is BS because the hosts set up the discussion) and they don't screen calls (more BS) and that this is just a baseball town. Funny, the 8,000 or so people who showed up to the first day of training camp might disagree with that.

Ordway: Welcome to Patriots Monday

Caller: I wanted to talk about Richard Seymour

Ordway: What...you want to talk about Tim Wakefield? I think he is pitching
well. Eating up innings.

Caller: No! I wanted to talk about Seymour and when you expect him at
camp.

Ordway: I wouldn't put Wakefield in the bullpen at this time.

Caller: Forget it

WEEI screens callers' subject matter before they even get on the air. I've called in the past to ask some Patriots questions and was told by the guy answering the phone, "We're talking Red Sox today." WEEI forces baseball talk because they air the Red Sox games and sell advertising accordingly.

Also, I actually find myself listening to Felger just because he talks football. I think he is a horrible talk show host, but at least it is football.

I switch over to Felger too. As painful as he can be, you have to realize it's a shtick he does. He's always very careful to couch things a certain way "I'm not saying Moss is dogging it, but" type thing all the time. Or "one could make the argument that..." meaning he's not saying it, but he going to talk about others who might be saying it. But mostly Felger knows the game better and his guests are usually more interesting - Reiss, Hart, etc.

If Perillo is on EEI or on Patriot Mondy, then I stay. I get nothing from Smerlas and the Big O. While not hostile, there's not a lot of insight there either. It's just banter.

The best combo mix I think would be Felger, De'Ossie (to bring Felger down to basics) and someone like Reiss or Perillo (to add facts and perspective).

WEEI screens callers' subject matter before they even get on the air. I've called in the past to ask some Patriots questions and was told by the guy answering the phone, "We're talking Red Sox today." WEEI forces baseball talk because they air the Red Sox games and sell advertising accordingly.

No to mention the Celts have been getting the airtime this week. IMO that has bit into the segment outline..Especially for Big-O.- THAT FAT BASTARD!!!

I think between the print, blogs from Reiss and Breer I feel that I've been informed.

I've been listening for over an hour now and the only Pats talk they have had is a 3 minute thing to announce Stanley Morgan making the Pats' HOF and Michael Holley shamelessly shilling his Tedy Bruschi book. Why even bother going to training camp?

I've been listening for over an hour now and the only Pats talk they have had is a 3 minute thing to announce Stanley Morgan making the Pats' HOF and Michael Holley shamelessly shilling his Tedy Bruschi book. Why even bother going to training camp?

I can't stand Dale Arnold anyway. Holly is ok. Patriot Reign was a good read.

I switch over to Felger too. As painful as he can be, you have to realize it's a shtick he does. He's always very careful to couch things a certain way "I'm not saying Moss is dogging it, but" type thing all the time. Or "one could make the argument that..." meaning he's not saying it, but he going to talk about others who might be saying it. But mostly Felger knows the game better and his guests are usually more interesting - Reiss, Hart, etc.

If Perillo is on EEI or on Patriot Mondy, then I stay. I get nothing from Smerlas and the Big O. While not hostile, there's not a lot of insight there either. It's just banter.

The best combo mix I think would be Felger, De'Ossie (to bring Felger down to basics) and someone like Reiss or Perillo (to add facts and perspective).

I hear ya...."Where talking Football, d%#*!@t!" I love when he says that....I think it's a dig at the "Big Blow Show"

I am convinced Felger has gotten even more negative since starting his radio show....It's all about the ratings now. Him dogging Moss gets people to call the station...putting more cake in his pocket.

But again....at least he is talking football

Bru was on for quite a while, great interview. I don't have time to give the highlights, but will if i have time later. For all the buttclowns that think there is no pats talk on WEEI try tuning in on Patriots monday where dale and holley always have (every week) Richard Seymore, Bru, Rodney...and the big show has (every week) BB. All of these are long interviews,ect... I can understand things right now while that pats are in TC and the sox are in a pennant race.

I will agree that they talk sox much more than pats..but the pats get their due, especially on Monday's and Friday's during the season.

The Bruschi interview was great....I had hoped to hear the Jpsh McDaniels PC...but it is OK Bruschi is great!!

Ordway: Welcome to Patriots Monday

Caller: I wanted to talk about Richard Seymour

Ordway: What...you want to talk about Tim Wakefield? I think he is pitching
well. Eating up innings.

Caller: No! I wanted to talk about Seymour and when you expect him at
camp.

Ordway: I wouldn't put Wakefield in the bullpen at this time.

Caller: Forget it

Beautiful ! :)

if you want red sox talk its 24 7 on weei thats why i dont listen to it it makes my skin crawl listening to all the whiny red sox fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes