PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking the Patriots' 2023 roster from 1-90! (From WEEI)

I know that several of you do not like Weei

I occasionally listen online since I am out of town so to speak

Heh, I listen to WEEI when reception is good enough that I can hear it. There is no alternative for me radiowise in my particular region of the sticks. I wish they were better than they are, but every time they get a good combo going, they break it up. Gresh/Keefe was great. Now they have remanded the really excellent Keefe to the graveyard shift and have replaced him with that hopeless blowhard twerp Fauria. The morning show, burdened with the self-adoring fat bloviator Greg Hill at the helm and bogged down by the knuckledragging monologist Wiggy, and by some rage-filled chick who lives to take offense and knows nothing about sports, is pretty much unlistenable. So I listen, but at least half the timeafter a few minutes, I switch it off in disgust. They need to fire their program director, whoever that may be. Ken-something, I think.

Last edited:
The Comedian at 62,
Thanksdad at 54,
Ty your Monty down at 49,
Bedsore at 47,
Schooler at 41,
Cody Davis at 40,
Jalopy Tavai at 31,
and ESPECIALLY the Spaceman himself at 27

...are ALL Horribly over-rated.

If those eight ****ing stiffs fell off the face of the earth over-night, we would Not have a worse-off team, not even by a single ****ing molecule.

Zappe at 58; Malik at 48. The precise numbers in this list, which is fun but kinda silly, don't mean much, but the ranking of this pair is interesting and, to my eye, just about right. So does that mean Malik should be #1 backup? Not certainly, I suppose, but arguably. This team, in my view, is still too early in its rebuild to choose guaranteed mediocrity over upside potential, so I'd say yes, with due deference to "It's early," and "He had one good drive against scrubs." I get that, but while it may still be early days, it may also be later than you think. Decisions must be made, quite soon.

Ranked based on what, exactly?

Heh, I listen to WEEI when reception is good enough that I can hear it. There is no alternative for me radiowise in my particular region of the sticks. I wish they were better than they are, but every time they get a good combo going, they break it up. Gresh/Keefe was great. Now they have remanded the really excellent Keefe to the graveyard shift and have replaced him with that hopeless blowhard twerp Fauria. The morning show, burdened with the self-adoring fat bloviator Greg Hill at the helm and bogged down by the knuckledragging monologist Wiggy, and by some rage-filled chick who lives to take offense and knows nothing about sports, is pretty much unlistenable. So I listen, but at least half the timeafter a few minutes, I switch it off in disgust. They need to fire their program director, whoever that may be. Ken-something, I think.
I was up there a couple of weeks ago and listened to the afternoon show, not sure if the folks were fill ins or not but the guy and chick were insufferable. The dude sounded like a dork and the chick had a high pitched voice that hurt my ears. And neither seemed to have a clue about sports.

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and listened to the afternoon show, not sure if the folks were fill ins or not but the guy and chick were insufferable. The dude sounded like a dork and the chick had a high pitched voice that hurt my ears. And neither seemed to have a clue about sports.
Meggo (Ottolini) is the young woman. She actually does know quite a bit about sports, but she's too devoted to her college chick in a sundress schtick to show it. She's also been very unfortunate in the people she's been teamed up with, certainly with the present group "led" by Adam Somethingorother, who is an arrogant little hot-take twerp who tries to make every conversation about how clever and edgy he is. Awful. The other guy is featureless but competent.

It's a weird bunch. There's another guy with a painfully obvious short-guy complex who when he drops the compensatory locker room tough guy stuff is actually very good and informative. Then there's a guy named Fitzy who has utterly mastered the Boston Irish Guy thing. He seems like the sort of fella who may have sparked up a few too many doobies over the years, but he's pretty entertaining.

I guess I just think whoever is making the programming. staffing decisions is sort of a bonehead. He doesn't know whom to feature, whom to toss aside. I also think that if the pairings were different, the shows would be better. There are some good people on the staff. The morning show, though, is beyond repair. I'd fire the whole bunch. I understand that Wiggy appeals to the beefy troglodyte cohort in the listening audience, but good God, the dese dems and doses come awfully fast and furious. I can't stand him, if I may speak for the dorky nerd cohort in the listening audience.

"beefy troglodyte cohort" I like it. I want to be one.

The Comedian at 62,
Thanksdad at 54,
Ty your Monty down at 49,
Bedsore at 47,
Schooler at 41,
Cody Davis at 40,
Jalopy Tavai at 31,
and ESPECIALLY the Spaceman himself at 27

...are ALL Horribly over-rated.

If those eight ****ing stiffs fell off the face of the earth over-night, we would Not have a worse-off team, not even by a single ****ing molecule.
I detect a lack of empathy.

WEEI... there's a trusted source for quality football analysis.
parks and red sigh GIF

Zappe at 58 is a joke. No idea if I’d qualify him as a particularly good player but he is certainly a more valuable piece than a lot of the jags ahead of him.

Zappe at 58 is a joke. No idea if I’d qualify him as a particularly good player but he is certainly a more valuable piece than a lot of the jags ahead of him.
Yeah, 58 would mean he's not even on the team.

There is definitely reason for concern. While many players on the list can help you, it’s not full of difference makers.

While the good times were rolling, I often wondered what the aftermath would look like. I’m looking forward to seeing if a few young players ascend this season to get a build going.

Meggo (Ottolini) is the young woman. She actually does know quite a bit about sports, but she's too devoted to her college chick in a sundress schtick to show it. She's also been very unfortunate in the people she's been teamed up with, certainly with the present group "led" by Adam Somethingorother, who is an arrogant little hot-take twerp who tries to make every conversation about how clever and edgy he is. Awful. The other guy is featureless but competent.

It's a weird bunch. There's another guy with a painfully obvious short-guy complex who when he drops the compensatory locker room tough guy stuff is actually very good and informative. Then there's a guy named Fitzy who has utterly mastered the Boston Irish Guy thing. He seems like the sort of fella who may have sparked up a few too many doobies over the years, but he's pretty entertaining.

I guess I just think whoever is making the programming. staffing decisions is sort of a bonehead. He doesn't know whom to feature, whom to toss aside. I also think that if the pairings were different, the shows would be better. There are some good people on the staff. The morning show, though, is beyond repair. I'd fire the whole bunch. I understand that Wiggy appeals to the beefy troglodyte cohort in the listening audience, but good God, the dese dems and doses come awfully fast and furious. I can't stand him, if I may speak for the dorky nerd cohort in the listening audience.
Wait a sec. Do you really have no idea who Fitzy is?

My thoughts exactly ... I have become a 98.5 listener .... lesser of 2 evils IMO.

Felger and Mazz are so negative but there is much information from their beat writers access.
The negativity no longer bothers me ... it's just their routine ... the other 2-6 people are annoying.

But I am in and out of my car ... so I listen in doses ... when they are uber annoying I just shut it off.
Mazz is actually very good when Felger is not there ... Mike always a tool but he does hit on good topics.

I miss the Big Show on WEEI ... good stuff back in the day and the whiner line was a great listen.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back