PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking the Patriots' 2023 roster from 1-90! (From WEEI)

My thoughts exactly ... I have become a 98.5 listener .... lesser of 2 evils IMO.

Felger and Mazz are so negative but there is much information from their beat writers access.
The negativity no longer bothers me ... it's just their routine ... the other 2-6 people are annoying.

But I am in and out of my car ... so I listen in doses ... when they are uber annoying I just shut it off.
Mazz is actually very good when Felger is not there ... Mike always a tool but he does hit on good topics.

I miss the Big Show on WEEI ... good stuff back in the day and the whiner line was a great listen.
I am in the minority and like Felger and Mazz. Because like you said, we know what it will be, but they discuss Relevant topics without the fratboy antics.

I always liked Ordway, even the old show on whatever the channel used to be called, it's changed names so damn much. The with Smerlas and Demossie(sp).

A kid from Waltham has to live Smerlas right?

My thoughts exactly ... I have become a 98.5 listener .... lesser of 2 evils IMO.

Felger and Mazz are so negative but there is much information from their beat writers access.
The negativity no longer bothers me ... it's just their routine ... the other 2-6 people are annoying.

But I am in and out of my car ... so I listen in doses ... when they are uber annoying I just shut it off.
Mazz is actually very good when Felger is not there ... Mike always a tool but he does hit on good topics.

I miss the Big Show on WEEI ... good stuff back in the day and the whiner line was a great listen.
Felger & Mazz is the only sports talk radio show worth regularly listening to in Boston. Compared to other shows they are actually consistently engaged in discussing sports and all four teams. Less fluff, not letting callers drone on about nonsense. Their weekly Bedard segments are better than any other Patriots items you’ll hear elsewhere on the radio. They have a lot of guests with good insight too.

Their takes sit a little better when certain teams like the Red Sox and Patriots have been struggling because fans see the same issues. It was more frustrating to listen when the Pats would beat the snot out of a team and they’d come on and say “big whoop”.

But obviously they do a great job since they manage to elicit strong reactions from people who claim to not listen.

David Andrews in the top 5? Yikes!

Henry is too high.

A team's QB shouldn't be the 23rd ranked player on the team.

A slot CB in Jones should not be in the top 10.

Cinder blocks feet Bentley should not be in the top 11.

Barmore and especially Gonzalez are too high until they do something. Barmore needs to stop getting the N'Keal Harry style boo boo's and stay on the field.

Myles Bryant should be in the bottom 3rd of the roster. Bill always finds a spot for that one terrible player to take the field for some reason.

Lists are dumb, lists by the perpetually clueless even more so.

Meggo (Ottolini) is the young woman. She actually does know quite a bit about sports, but she's too devoted to her college chick in a sundress schtick to show it. She's also been very unfortunate in the people she's been teamed up with, certainly with the present group "led" by Adam Somethingorother, who is an arrogant little hot-take twerp who tries to make every conversation about how clever and edgy he is. Awful. The other guy is featureless but competent.

It's a weird bunch. There's another guy with a painfully obvious short-guy complex who when he drops the compensatory locker room tough guy stuff is actually very good and informative. Then there's a guy named Fitzy who has utterly mastered the Boston Irish Guy thing. He seems like the sort of fella who may have sparked up a few too many doobies over the years, but he's pretty entertaining.

I guess I just think whoever is making the programming. staffing decisions is sort of a bonehead. He doesn't know whom to feature, whom to toss aside. I also think that if the pairings were different, the shows would be better. There are some good people on the staff. The morning show, though, is beyond repair. I'd fire the whole bunch. I understand that Wiggy appeals to the beefy troglodyte cohort in the listening audience, but good God, the dese dems and doses come awfully fast and furious. I can't stand him, if I may speak for the dorky nerd cohort in the listening audience.
Yet some day the current generation will look back fondly on these twerps...

I guess not, aside from the fact I enjoy his prattle. So who is he?
Fitzy’s a legend! He’s a very longtime fan who really blew up during the spygate scandal with all of his clever youtube and social media videos. He’s been around a long while. Not a professional commentator or x’s and 0’s guy by any means but he is very clever and is a solid scetch comedy writer/performer. You should look into some of his older stuff. Good guy.

WEEI... there's a trusted source for quality football analysis.
parks and red sigh GIF

Didn't used to be that way, sadly.

Barmore and especially Gonzalez are too high until they do something. Barmore needs to stop getting the N'Keal Harry style boo boo's and stay on the field.
His rookie season, Barmore was getting double teamed at roughly the same rate as Aaron Donald.

Myles Bryant should be in the bottom 3rd of the roster. Bill always finds a spot for that one terrible player to take the field for some reason.
There's always going to be a least talented player. And he's done more than, say, Joejuan Williams or Shaun Wade has.

Used to listen to WEEI religiously in early 2000's, particularly liked Ordway, Smerlas and DeOssie. After their demise stopped listening to them, did catch Gresch once and he is still the fool who was on "the Score" in the 90's..
All of sports talk radio has degenerated into a cesspool of nontroversy, hyperbole and unfounded speculation.. to either incense the listener or to invite arguments. Thus their list is not intended to inform, but to invite arguments and generate interest.
Now seldom listen sportstalk any more, may tune to Pats Monday, but unfortunately that blowhard Bertram many times make even that show unlistenable.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back