PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weak Link in Offense, the Offensive Coordinator?

There are all too many of you that are drinking my good friend NEM's koolaid. With NEM its congenital. When he started following football, QBs called the plays except at the Browns. So if the Team didn't do well, it was the QBs fault.

He got used to that and whenever a play didn't work, irrespective of whether the QB was sacked, the pass was tipped, the WR wasn't open, the WR dropped the Ball, the Ball was poorly thrown, the ball was Intercepted, it was the OC's fault. Conversely the RB didn't have a hole to run through, the RB slipped and fell down, or the RB fumbled the ball, well by G*d, it was ALL the Offensive Coordinator's fault.

This was utter nonsense. BB thought highly enough of JM to give him protection by making him the de facto OC, so he could fail as a youngster without harming his later career. After being satisfied with that made him the official OC in his second year, to the inevitable jaw flapping. I thought it significant that in merely his second year, Josh was being mentioned as a Head Coaching candidate by other clubs. Meanwhile here, the NEMish responses were flourishing, that he's a bum like Charlie Weis and Earnie Zampese etc. All the bums who have a half dozen or more Super bowl rings between them...

I don't quite see how he managed to get us to 7th in Scoring, ran up thirty points over the Colts in the AFCCG, but there were people blaming the loss on him!

Belichick is a good judge of athletic ability and just as good as judge of coaching ability. He has trained two HC in the pros, several OCs, and DCs, and five great HCs in college, at ND, 'Bama, Fresno, Iowa, and Virginia.

:D

Last edited:
Some of you refuse to accept this, but from Coach himself comes:

...believe me, every play that happens out there on the field—every play that's happened for the last five years—I've had the final say on. If I didn't like the play, or if I wanted a different play, then I had the opportunity to change them. And the ones that didn't work out, believe me, I've thought many times about whether or not I should have done something differently, or called something differently. When you're the head coach you're still accountable for the product that's out there—whether you call it or whether you let somebody else call it. That's the way it's been, that's the way it's always going to be.
---

Go ahead and ignore -- carry on...:rolleyes:

IMO McDaniels hasn't been given a fair shot to run the offense yet - he hasn't had a 'complete' offense to work with. In '05 there were no dependable backs, in '06 there weren't any dependable receivers.

This year McDaniels will have the experience and personnel to take NE back to the Super Bowl. I'm very confident in this.

So could it be that Daniels might now be the weak link on the offense?

Yes, he was such a weak link that he was on several teams list of potential head coaching candidates.

R

This offense will be great. With Charlie it would be one of the best offenses ever.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back