PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should go after Adalius Thomas this offseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you so's work better when you're comparing apples to apples. Anderson is succeeding as a 4-3 defensive end, that is not a guarantee that he would be successful as a 3-4 OLB. You list one accomplishment, sack totals, but how is he against the run? Does he play well in space? Does he play any Special Teams? For the record, he was on my draft board and I was growling about all the defensive ends being passed over by the Patriots too. I'm very pleased with Pierre Wood as a UDFA, and find it interesting that 9 of the 10 players drafted by New England found roster or Practice Squad spots, and two UDFAs hung around too. Another indication that Belichick and Pioli were ahead of me when they handed out the football smarts.

captain stone said:
Could you mean a talent who leads all rookies in sacks, and who is second overall in sacks behind the best DLman in football - Julius Peppers - and who is a 5th-round pick of the Bears, and whose name is Mark Anderson? He was a DE at Alabama, but his #s at the Combine suggested to me that he could make an eventual transition to 3-4 OLB. I may be flamed by some for saying this, but the Patriots should have drafted him with one of their 4th-round picks (I would have taken BC's Will Blackmon with the other pick, but that's not the point here).

The Pats have given their defense only 2 quality reinforcements via the draft in 3 years (Wilfork and Hobbs). Replenishing the back 8 must be Priority #1, and #2, this offseason.

I believe the only guy who did not make the Patriots in some fashion was snapped up after we cut him. I don't recall who picked up Mincey though. Pierre Woods just beat him out.

BTW... Woods was listed by some scouts as a potential first round draft pick after his sophomore year. That was before he got cross ways with the coaching staff and they dissed him, as untalented. I trust the Patriots coaching staff more to determine whether he is talented or not. IIRC that college staff has misused many a player and is in danger of being fired.

Maybe Cain is as good as this guy. Hard to tell b/c Cain might improve alot with playing time, but he doesn't get much.

Mincey was signed to Frisco's Practice Squad - I served with friends who used to get bent when you called their city Frisco, I grew to love the dirty glances. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST