Welcome to PatsFans.com

We need to NOT move on from this.

Discussion in 'The Practice Squad' started by Sivy, Nov 19, 2013.

1. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

also, uncatchable is irrelevant when it comes to defensive holding or illegal contact
  2. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Remember the superbowl when a broken Gronk leaped over folks on the last play and almost made a catch. They're telling me he had NO chance of making a play yesterday..REALLY?

Really?
  3. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

and besides, when Trent Dilfer is sticking up for the Patriots you KNOW a ref really f'd up.
  4. RobAllan

RobAllan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think some people are just wired in such a way that their brains try to make sense out of something that's inexplicable so they can move on with life.

There's simply no way to look at that play and think that. I don't begrudge people the willful stupidity, though. I can count numerous times in my life where I ignored plain obvious truth because I wasn't ready to accept where the truth was going to take me.

To those of us that can't ignore it this time (or fans that have seen similar things and weren't able to ignore those times) it's more shocking. Because you have to start to accept something VERY uncomfortable about the sport you love. I'm left clinging to the small hope it was something with this crew and not league-wide, but I also know better...
  5. bradydaman29

bradydaman29 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It seems there's so much parity in the league right now, that the refs are determining the close games. Anyway, Carolina won their November Super Bowl, now let's see how they do.
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

in all your cases a call was made or not made. on the last play they picked up the flag. If they had not called a flag I wouldve lived with a ref letting them play or they never call that on hail mary like explanations. Every game has calls and mistakes as you say but these are game defining plays which is inexcusable.
  7. Archeryaddict12

Archeryaddict12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Move on. Nothing we can do anymore but to root next week. There should have been no excuse losing. We failed on 2RZ trips and 1 drive in FG range to get at least 9 points. It should have never been closer than a 5 point game at the end. But the penalty certainly took away a chance to end the game.
  8. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I'll move on when I'm ready, thanks.
  9. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

[​IMG]
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Actually, the Patriots should be trying to put enough pressure to buy some calls next week at the Broncos expense.

It's how things work these days.

Yell loudly, buy some calls.
  11. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Maybe should to tell that to every sports show on the planet. You'll be hearing them whine all week.
  12. Claremonster

Claremonster Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

THE FIX IS IN 2012: Bounties, League Security, NFL & NBA Game Fixing/Rigged Games Part 1 - YouTube
  13. Foxypats

Foxypats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Normally after a loss I get up in the morning and tell myself to focus on the next game. But I can't do that today. This loss has left such a sour taste in my mouth. I realise that if Ridley hadn't fumbled or Mankins hadn't had that penalty maybe it wouldn't have come down to a last second gasp. But it did. And then to have that last attempt taken away because of the refs is appaling. A lot of games come down to a last second play , that is the NFL, but when the NFL and refs interfere in those outcomes the game loses all its integrity.
    What really pisses me off is that they feel like they don't owe the team any explanation. Last year when BB was trying to get an explanation from the replacement refs on a similar situation he was fined for touching a ref. Yesterday he said he tried to get an explanation and the refs just ran off the field. What utter bs is that?? The problem is that these refs think they are God and that they are untouchable. I want to scream right now.......Second time this year that the Pats have been robbed!!!
  14. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

The Pats win 80% of their games on the last few plays in the last few sec's. The refs are a tuff opponent tho. Every sports writer disagrees with you.
  15. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

16. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

17. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

Not move on from this? huh? :bricks::bricks:
  18. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Yup. 1 ref saw a foul. then he was overruled by the other refs.

Watch the play and conference here:
    Panthers top Patriots following controversial non-call - NFL.com

Ref 1 - threw flag
    Ref 2 - what are you kidding me, bob? I gotta catch an early train home!
    Ref 3 - there's no foul there man, you wanna get lynched here in Carolina?
    Ref 1 - uhh, yeah, I guess you're right. there was no foul after all...
    Ref 2 - yup no foul on the play.
    Ref 3 - it's settled then. let's get the eff home. run off fast and don't answer any questions!!

"Meanwhile, in the Panthers locker room, a smiling Kuechly said, "They picked up the flag. So apparently I did all right."
    Patriots-Panthers game ends on controversial no-call in end zone - CBSSports.com

Yeah, you got away with one, Luke. Enjoy it. I blame the refs for that. Players will do whatever they can to win even when its against the rules. It's the ref's job to make the right call.
  19. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 5 / -2

Calls are part of the game. We didn't lose because of that call. We lost because we didn't make the plays we needed to for the first 59 minutes.

Lastly, we all love the Pats and sports in general, but it's just a game. Don't lose that perspective and let it affect you on a personal level.
  20. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

i agree there were other plays that could have made a difference in the outcome of this game (in our favor). But, if we are going to demand perfection (because that's what you are demanding when you say we could have made other plays), then shouldn't that same perfection be applied to the refs as well.

you can't have it both ways. either everyone is human and mistakes are going to happen or mistakes are going to happen. the only reason this call is focused on is because
    1. It was the last real call of the game, hence easier to say it affected the game
    2. One ref did see a penalty and no explanation on why it wasn't one (until after)
    The game couldn't end on a defensive penalty, so they Pats would have had 1 shot to win the game. so, it's not known if we would have won regardless. Would it have been fair (to both sides) to let them determine the game rather than the refs?

I will be interested to hear how the league responds to this (or more how they try to indicate it isn't classic pass interference). I thought it was when in doubt, throw the flag or is that just for QB hits?