PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need another running back

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have other running backs. We need a feature running back, unfortunately.

I think that an O-line that can run block more consistently would be more beneficial right now.

Yup..... your right !
Our RB may not be the top priority, but BJGE is not going to take
us to the promise land.

Either is Moss. And, that my fellow Pats fan, is the problem. Brady and the OC going for long ball when short ball wins with this team. It's completely baffling.

The run game is NOT THE PROBLEM. Play calling in the second half is. Plus - Darius Butler has been exposed as a fraud tonight. Here's to hoping the kid turns it around - but he was beyond suck today.

Last edited:
anyone else just HATE Neil in runblocking situations everytime they went near that side it was blown up so frustrating

Either is Moss. And, that my fellow Pats fan, is the problem. Brady and the OC going for long ball when short ball wins with this team. It's completely baffling.

The run game is NOT THE PROBLEM. Play calling in the second half is. Plus - Darius Butler has been exposed as a fraud tonight. Here's to hoping the kid turns it around - but he was beyond suck today.

You have a lot of Moss hate tell me how many times they went Deep to him this game.

How often should they try the deep ball to him

Law Firm will suffice if he can lower his shoulder. I'm with everyone putting the blame on Butler. He's a nickelback at best, he can't cover by the sidelines without getting penalties.

Yeah, let's blame Butler because we can't run the ball.:rolleyes:

Fred Taylor is ok, but will he last the season?

I would still rather see Morris with the ball than BJGE.

Maybe they are trying to keep Morris healthy for when Taylor get's hurt.

One thing for sure.... One of our first 4 picks in next years draft better
be a RB.

It all starts with the OL joe......if they do their job...any decent RB can make a play. Fact is today, Pats OL got owned on the run (as they have for quite awhile really) and I don't care if it was A. Peterson back there....if there isn't a shred of a hole to hit...he isnt going anywhere either.....can't blame BJGE etc for todays poor run stats....He did run very hard and had a few good runs when the holes were there

I think that an O-line that can run block more consistently would be more beneficial right now.

They seem to block all right for Faulk. He could be our best running back right now.

I wish there was a way we can get Jamal Charles from the Chiefs. Very underated. He is a shifty RB with good speed, and great hands.

He would be perfect fit for us. I read the Chiefs are not too happy with him because of his attitude, and seem to be under utilizing him. Perhaps the Coach could give is old buddy Pioli and offer him a #2, and get this guy here.

The Oline was fine in the 1st half
Taylor was making yardage and commanding the linebackers attention
When we drifted away from the runs and TE'e and went Moss happy is when the Offense sputtered.
If we could have continued running we would have opened up the middle and gassed their Dline.
We did neither and instead Brady turned Farve like when it mattered.
I blame him and O'nitwit for this crap

I wish there was a way we can get Jamal Charles from the Chiefs. Very underated. He is a shifty RB with good speed, and great hands.

He would be perfect fit for us. I read the Chiefs are not too happy with him because of his attitude, and seem to be under utilizing him. Perhaps the Coach could give is old buddy Pioli and offer him a #2, and get this guy here.

What part of his bad attitude makes him a good fit......

You have a lot of Moss hate tell me how many times they went Deep to him this game.

How often should they try the deep ball to him

Enough to make me sick. Two screen plays called all game? Where did the TE's, Welker and Edleman go in the second half? You can all dump on the run game, which was good enough, btw. The play calling was atrocious. dink and dunk, please!

They had another running back. They traded him away. Many people on this board were thrilled when that happened.

The Oline was fine in the 1st half
Taylor was making yardage and commanding the linebackers attention
When we drifted away from the runs and TE'e and went Moss happy is when the Offense sputtered.
If we could have continued running we would have opened up the middle and gassed their Dline.
We did neither and instead Brady turned Farve like when it mattered.
I blame him and O'nitwit for this crap

THIS!

Thank you. Long ball happy bull****. Enough.
Baffles me that people are blaming this loss on the run game. Really? Give me a break. Honestly, if Darius Butler didn't suck so bad, they may have actually won.

Last edited:
They had another running back. They traded him away. Many people on this board were thrilled when that happened.

If you think that Lawrence Maroney would have made a difference in this game, I want some of what your somking.

What the hell makes anyone think a different RB would help. This team has 2 good TE's yet they threw to Gronk once in the entire game. The #3 WR Tate was also thrown to once. Brady just plain stunk today forcing the ball to his dining companion.

If you think that Lawrence Maroney would have made a difference in this game, I want some of what your somking.

Maroney was hurt and unavailable for today's game. He was inactive for Denver. However, it doesn't take any intelligence to figure out that running inside wasn't going to be effective, and that only Taylor and Maroney had the ability to get outside.

You can keep bemoaning every aspect of the team, or you can look at the team rationally. That's up to you. I really don't care. The reality is that a healthy Maroney/Taylor are able to put pressure on the opponents' defense that Morris and BJGE simply cannot, and that impact could be seen once Taylor was out of the game.

Offer a #2 for a third round pick with an attitude? you're not running my team.:confused:

Call Carolina next offseason and offer their 2nd back to them for Jonathan Stewart. Stewart has been an after thought so far this year on a team that has two excellent backs, but a whole lot of holes. Jared Allen called Stewart the toughest back in the league, just last week. He's a younger Corey Dillon with pass catching skills. Save the 2 firsts for some big boys on the lines

Why would another RB to not hand the ball to help? Ground game was fine. This thread is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST