PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are all hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are hyprocrites and some are not. The loss is okay, but the way they lost is not okay. When we want a first down, the #1 defense steps up and stops us (again and again the last two games). Our defense? They could barely protect a 4 score lead last week and squander a 2 score lead this week. The last TD by Seattle convinced me that coaching deficiency may have quite a bit to do with our defensive problems. On that play, Seattle sends out two receivers and we play zone? The DB's are standing around having passed on the receivers to the safeties, who then proceed to easily beat them. Dont tell me that they thought a running play was coming.
Talking about coaching deficiencies: Hey McDaniels - what's with a game plan calling for 58 throws by Brady?

Everyone seems to forget that Seattle's defense is not a pushover.
That four score lead was against one of the most prolific QBs of all time and one of the best OLines in football.
Why does everyone expect perfection? There will be ugly games. But we've won our fair share of those as well.

Everyone seems to forget that Seattle's defense is not a pushover.
That four score lead was against one of the most prolific QBs of all time and one of the best OLines in football.
Why does everyone expect perfection? There will be ugly games. But we've won our fair share of those as well.

Seattle's defense is overrated. Our O gained 475 yards on them, and had Brady not make boneheaded plays, we would have scored 30+ points on them.

We are not a great team at the moment. If you think we are, then you're not very smart.

Were the Giants or the Packers great teams the years they won their rings with 9-7 and 10-6 records? Hell, the Packers went 15-1 the next season only to **** the bed one game into the playoffs...

A segment of this fan base is spoiled to the point they don't even know what it is to be a fan anymore. They're all disgruntled consumers like yourself who thought they signed on for a hell of a lot more than contention...

At some point, the Patriots are going to have to spend some money on bringing in quality DB's. The current strategy has not worked for some years.

We've deluded ourselves that the greatness of Tom Brady means we can do it with a collection of JAGS on D. This simply isn't the case.

First, I think its easier said than done to bring in those DB's. Gregory wasn't great but at least he was starting quality. A few years ago we brought in Leigh Bodden, unfortunately it just didn't work out either. Everybody thought we had hit on DMC, it would have been impossible to see his second year slump and too quick a reaction to bench him. And now its too early to say whether or not throwing a bunch of our picks at this new crop of DB's will work. If it does then we will be built to succeed going into the future because...

I'm not sure how you are missing the evolution of our D. Mayo isn't a JAG. Wilfork isn't a JAG. Spikes isn't a JAG. Jones isn't a JAG. Hightower probably won't be a JAG. Nink and Love are looking to be very solid players, and Cunningham is even showing some worth on 3rd down.

In almost every other position BB has shown ability to get guys who can help us succeed. Just because he has made mistakes with the secondary doesn't mean he is inherently bad at it, it only means that he is a mere mortal like every other coach in NFL history. BB keeping to his own method still gives us better chances to win than any other coach.

And to keep this in perspective. Our D is still better than last years, and our O will be at the very least just as dangerous.

Seattle's defense is overrated. Our O gained 475 yards on them, and had Brady not make boneheaded plays, we would have scored 30+ points on them.

This. 10 char

Right now, the Pats are just not a good team. Injuries to key players are not helping either. The Rams are better than people think and I would not be surprised if we loose to all the NFC West teams. Heck, right now, the Jets scare me. This team needs a real DC, not Bill or some young guy who cowers to Bill.

Perhaps you are underrating our offense? We put up 475 on them because it's what we do. Against quality opponents in GB, Dallas and Carolina, no more than 300 yards was gained in any of those contests.

/argument

I have said it is more on Brady than most, but I think the blame goes all around. There were few areas of this team that go blameless for this loss.

Can anyone tell me when is the last time any QB has looked frustrated and like they don't know the exact place to put the ball against our D? I guess Russell Wilson today for the second and third quarter, but besides that? Anyone remember that far back?

Were the Giants or the Packers great teams the years they won their rings with 9-7 and 10-6 records? Hell, the Packers went 15-1 the next season only to **** the bed one game into the playoffs...

A segment of this fan base is spoiled to the point they don't even know what it is to be a fan anymore. They're all disgruntled consumers like yourself who thought they signed on for a hell of a lot more than contention...

You are so blind you don't even see what's in front of you. We don't have a great team at the moment. I see a lot of mistakes from the defense, from the offense, and even from our coaches.

Obviously we can still get it together and BECOME a great team, but to say we are a great team right now is idiotic.

Be a little objective about this. We are 3-3 at the moment. Is that a great team? LOL. Am I being an ungrateful fan for criticizing the team I root for? Should I pick up pom poms and join Andy and DaBruinz and the other cheerleaders.

Go put your head in the sand if you can't take a little criticism thrown the Patriots' way.

There were a lot of bone headed plays and calls made today that contributed to the loss. Brady was the least of them. When he makes a mistake there is usually a cause and effect relationship at work, and today was no exception.

It's hilarious to see. We all indulge in the fact that TFB is our QB and then I see some posts saying that the loss is all his fault? If you hadn't noticed, Russell Wilson is a rookie. One who threw three easy TDs against our HORRENDOUS secondary. And SOMEBODY HAS TO CALL HOLDING! There's no way Jones wasn't held on the last Wilson TD. In fact, he got held by two different guys. I counted dozens others where they just flat out sent him to the ground.

I'm not going to spend much time whining about our loss like some others. And I know I'm going to get flamed for this. But I have to say it. We overreact just like other fanbases when their team loses a game. It's human nature. But try to think before you post. Sure, we're a 3-3 team. But we've lost in three games by a margin of four total points. FOUR. This is still a great football team, with a few large holes in it. No team's perfect. Everyone should stop overreacting to this.

And I'm not going to be all high and mighty and say that I don't do the same thing. The first reaction I had was to go and cut Brady. Three easy points given away... Maybe even six. All I'm saying is that everyone should calm down with all the negative thoughts. Because come next Sunday, when we thrash the Jests at home, things will go back to normal... Where we're kings of the AFC, as we should be.
I'm sorry, I hate to disagree. You state the Pats are still a GREAT, I'm sorry, but the facts don't back up your claim. 3-3 is far from a great team. Losing games when you have a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter are not the sign of a great team. 17% in the red zone are not the sign of a great team. Constantly giving up 300+ yards passing to almost every QB is not the sign of a great team. This is an average team, that will need several miracles to win the division. Hell, I'm afraid to watch the Patriot's-Jet's game next week, I'm afraid Sanchez is gonna carve up our ****ty secondary. I'm afraid to read the local papers if the Jets beat the Pats. I went from ecstasy last week (my first Pat's game in years) to agony this week and possibly the worst thing ever next week. The Pats are NOT a GREAT team. I will still root my heart out, but the Dynasty has seen its best days. Not complaining, it just is what it is, the Pats are average to mediocre.

Obviously we can still get it together and BECOME a great team, but to say we are a great team right now is idiotic.

Be a little objective about this. We are 3-3 at the moment. Is that a great team? LOL. Am I being an ungrateful fan for criticizing the team I root for? Should I pick up pom poms and join Andy and DaBruinz and the other cheerleaders.

Go put your head in the sand if you can't take a little criticism thrown the Patriots' way.

How did we go to the Superbowl last year and be a below average team?
Yes, you should be picking up your pompoms. Because you'll be singing our praise after we win next week.
Of course, I can't say any of this because my head is stuck so far down in the sand.

Perhaps you are underrating our offense? We put up 475 on them because it's what we do. Against quality opponents in GB, Dallas and Carolina, no more than 300 yards was gained in any of those contests.

/argument

No I'm not underrating our offense. You are overrating their defense. Seattle has played Arizona, Dallas, GB, St. Louis, Carolina, and now us.

Not exactly the offensive juggernauts of the NFL.

Only the GB offense is good before they played us. GB has played poorly thus far this season.

It's hilarious to see. We all indulge in the fact that TFB is our QB and then I see some posts saying that the loss is all his fault? If you hadn't noticed, Russell Wilson is a rookie. One who threw three easy TDs against our HORRENDOUS secondary. And SOMEBODY HAS TO CALL HOLDING! There's no way Jones wasn't held on the last Wilson TD. In fact, he got held by two different guys. I counted dozens others where they just flat out sent him to the ground.

I'm not going to spend much time whining about our loss like some others. And I know I'm going to get flamed for this. But I have to say it. We overreact just like other fanbases when their team loses a game. It's human nature. But try to think before you post. Sure, we're a 3-3 team. But we've lost in three games by a margin of four total points. FOUR. This is still a great football team, with a few large holes in it. No team's perfect. Everyone should stop overreacting to this.

And I'm not going to be all high and mighty and say that I don't do the same thing. The first reaction I had was to go and cut Brady. Three easy points given away... Maybe even six. All I'm saying is that everyone should calm down with all the negative thoughts. Because come next Sunday, when we thrash the Jests at home, things will go back to normal... Where we're kings of the AFC, as we should be.

I think I saw one or two post about TB losing this game. I saw MANY blaming it on the secondary. I am one of the later

How did we go to the Superbowl last year and be a below average team?
Yes, you should be picking up your pompoms. Because you'll be singing our praise after we win next week.
Of course, I can't say any of this because my head is stuck so far down in the sand.

Why are you bringing up last year's team when we are discussing this years' team? Is your head really that far in the sand?

So, your saying the secondary is fine and should'nt be changed?. We should watch our HOF QB's final years waste away?

You are so blind you don't even see what's in front of you. We don't have a great team at the moment. I see a lot of mistakes from the defense, from the offense, and even from our coaches.

You miss the point. Even great teams aren't great all the time. And sometimes teams that aren't great win it all. And sometimes great teams lose to teams who no one thinks are much more than intermittently competitive. That's the way it works in the NFL. Always has.

And quit talking about we. You're not part of the team or much of a fan of it for that matter... You're a malcontent who hangs out on this teams message board in hopes of getting a few I told you so's in whenever you can. There are several more just like you who hang around the fringes just waiting to get their licks in on a team that doesn't give you too many opportunities to because they win so often. So you have to pounce on any chance they give you, the equivalent of Borges who lives for those days when he can dust off his I told you so mantra.

baby-crying.jpg

Speak for yourself, Bub.

Just because you're an hypocrite doesn't lower the rest of us to your level.

Only Chicken Littles & In Bill We Trustees need ever hide their heads in shame.

If it was no big deal you wouldn't put so much effort into this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft