PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are all hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, your saying the secondary is fine and should'nt be changed?. We should watch our HOF QB's final years waste away?

No, I never said either. I'm all for constructive criticism or analysis. But the kneejerks and malcontents who permeate any thread like this make it impossible to have rational discussions here. Benching McCourty and moving on from Brady aren't going to fix what ails this team. Getting more talent for the secondary isn't going to help at least this season. Sorting out what ails the secondary will fall to scheme, like it always does. Usually isn't quite enough, but at the moment it's all they've got. Ditto on offense.

There were a lot of bone headed plays and calls made today that contributed to the loss. Brady was the least of them. When he makes a mistake there is usually a cause and effect relationship at work, and today was no exception.

Sure. But Brady is ultimately the decision maker when he has the ball in his hand.

I'm sorry, I hate to disagree. You state the Pats are still a GREAT, I'm sorry, but the facts don't back up your claim. 3-3 is far from a great team. Losing games when you have a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter are not the sign of a great team. 17% in the red zone are not the sign of a great team. Constantly giving up 300+ yards passing to almost every QB is not the sign of a great team. This is an average team, that will need several miracles to win the division. Hell, I'm afraid to watch the Patriot's-Jet's game next week, I'm afraid Sanchez is gonna carve up our ****ty secondary. I'm afraid to read the local papers if the Jets beat the Pats. I went from ecstasy last week (my first Pat's game in years) to agony this week and possibly the worst thing ever next week. The Pats are NOT a GREAT team. I will still root my heart out, but the Dynasty has seen its best days. Not complaining, it just is what it is, the Pats are average to mediocre.

Fans here have lost sight of what mediocre is... One day it will return and I hope you all learn the hard lesson.

And how pathetic an existence do you lead that you're afraid of what the Jets may do and that somehow your ecstasy and agony are football media driven. Go hide under a rock until the season is over. This team doesn't need fans with no stones, and it's got way too many just like you.

Sure. But Brady is ultimately the decision maker when he has the ball in his hand.

His options were pretty limited on both occasions...:bricks:

The team lost because the Patriots crapped the bed on Offense and Defense. They are both to blame.
Right...and don't forget that BB and his ENTIRE coaching staff crapped their pants today as well...

You miss the point. Even great teams aren't great all the time. And sometimes teams that aren't great win it all. And sometimes great teams lose to teams who no one thinks are much more than intermittently competitive. That's the way it works in the NFL. Always has.

And quit talking about we. You're not part of the team or much of a fan of it for that matter... You're a malcontent who hangs out on this teams message board in hopes of getting a few I told you so's in whenever you can. There are several more just like you who hang around the fringes just waiting to get their licks in on a team that doesn't give you too many opportunities to because they win so often. So you have to pounce on any chance they give you, the equivalent of Borges who lives for those days when he can dust off his I told you so mantra.

Here's the difference between you and I: when the team plays well, I post about them playing well. When the team doesn't play well, I post about them not playing well.

Obviously I post more positive stuff because our team wins more often that not. BUT, you only remember the negative posts, because that's what you do.

Fans here have lost sight of what mediocre is... One day it will return and I hope you all learn the hard lesson.

And how pathetic an existence do you lead that you're afraid of what the Jets may do and that somehow your ecstasy and agony are football media driven. Go hide under a rock until the season is over. This team doesn't need fans with no stones, and it's got way too many just like you.

Lol, you're a funny guy. Keep wearing those rose colored glasses and keep drinking the Koolaid. I still have my Patriot's fan membership card, and I will root them on until the day I die, BUT, I'm not dumb enough to see that the 2012 Patriots as a great team, they obviously aren't.

There is nothing wrong wrong in criticizing what is wrong with the team. Our secondary plain sucks. I have a nagging feeling that it is something to do with our secondary coach than the talent.

<shocked>...wow...Jokeresque

The Pats are going to murder the Jets this week.

The mistake in coverage at the end was ridiculous...just a ridiculous misplay by two secondary players.I would expect a lot of time on teaching points this week in the film breakdown sessions.

Let me just add...a one point loss on the road to and NFC team may be tough to swallow for the "I demand total perfection!!!!" crowd but in the long run, it's just that, a road loss. It holds no AFC implications other than home field perhaps.

Here's the difference between you [MoL] and I: when the team plays well, I post about them playing well. When the team doesn't play well, I post about them not playing well.

Obviously I post more positive stuff because our team wins more often that not. BUT, you only remember the negative posts, because that's what you do.

funny, somebody w/ 3k posts talking about Mo (with over 18k and a guy who has been here since before the great post-count crash) as if he doesnt post all the time.

please go back to talking about football instead of trying to turn the message board into your means of having a 8--> measuring contest.

I fail to see how a fan who is concerned with a porous defence that isn't passing the eye test should go and hide.

The defense is a very real stumbling block to ultimate success.

Yes....and aren't you getting TIRED of BB drafting DEVELOPMENTAL players so often for this team....ESPECIALLY for the secondary ?

UOTE=Ifleninwasawizard;3198769]We basically have to look at it this way. Chung and Gregory were supposed to be our starters and Wilson and Ebner our developmental guys. That makes a lot of sense going into the season, and if games like this happen were both of our starters go out then we just have to accept that you can't plan for everything.

Another thing we have to consider is that the up and down play of Dennard was a huge part of this game. He has made some pretty good plays and messed up as well. The thing is, if he is ever going to take the starting job from Arrington he is going to need playing time. This contributed to the loss today, but it helps us going forward.

This D is a work in progress. Today was just a tough growing pain.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
funny, somebody w/ 3k posts talking about Mo (with over 18k and a guy who has been here since before the great post-count crash) as if he doesnt post all the time.

please go back to talking about football instead of trying to turn the message board into your means of having a 8--> measuring contest.

That's cute:)

I'm sure he feels all warm and tingly because you came to his aid. ;)

I fail to see how a fan who is concerned with a porous defence that isn't passing the eye test should go and hide.

He's not concerned, he's sniveling and mostly about the possibility that the Jets beat us and his ability to feel superior to them comes to an end for a few weeks...

He's not concerned, he's sniveling and mostly about the possibility that the Jets beat us and his ability to feel superior to them comes to an end for a few weeks...
I'm concerned because every year it's the same thing. The Patriots are developing on D and it will be better next year. Every year, the Patriots don't appear to be getting better on D. It's staying the same. That's my concern.

Mo has always been a rose colored glasses wearing idealist. Just can't bring himself to see the negatives in this team...how can you NOT call this team mediocre???? They are 3-3 right now! And...unless some miracles happen in the secondary and the offense can't score enough points to offset that nightmare....gonna be a long season....coaches need to get their sh&t together as well...good post man

Last edited:
Mo has always been a rose colored glasses wearing idealist. Just can't bring himself to see the negatives in this team...how can you NOT call this team mediocre???? They are 3-3 right now! And...unless some miracles happen in the secondary and the offense can't score enough points to offset that nightmare....gonna be a long season....coaches need to get their sh&t together as well...good post man
We've developed the delusion that no matter how bad things are on D, Brady will always find a way. Unfortunately, that can't go on for ever.

The Patriots need a better D.

I'm concerned because every year it's the same thing. The Patriots are developing on D and it will be better next year. Every year, the Patriots don't appear to be getting better on D. It's staying the same. That's my concern.

Jones had nine tackles, 2 sacks and 3 QB hits today...once again, he was held almost continually in the 2nd half...I think THAT is a segment of the Pats D that HAS improved, the rush from the DE....but I guess you think he's no better than anybody at DE last year...so far I disagree.

We basically have to look at it this way. Chung and Gregory were supposed to be our starters and Wilson and Ebner our developmental guys. That makes a lot of sense going into the season, and if games like this happen were both of our starters go out then we just have to accept that you can't plan for everything.

Another thing we have to consider is that the up and down play of Dennard was a huge part of this game. He has made some pretty good plays and messed up as well. The thing is, if he is ever going to take the starting job from Arrington he is going to need playing time. This contributed to the loss today, but it helps us going forward.

This D is a work in progress. Today was just a tough growing pain.

I dont think it will get easier. The other teams have film too. They will scheme around our weakness. And guess where that is. Throw deep, hope for a reception or a PI call. All hope is not loss, but hope is not a comforting feeling going into the playoffs playing against the best teams in the league.

Linda the Pats Fan is saying he was right tonight ... :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back