PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waters' Locker Cleaned Out (Update: Reports Nameplate Taken Down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like he's a pied piper. He speaks and everybody follows blindly.

uh...I'd call him the "fried piper"....:lol2:
Is Borges in the studio with Felger?

Pumpkin is not coming

STOP WAITING

sallygreatpumpkin.jpg

Last edited:
Cross your fingers that Solder's concussion as he sustained last season isn't a reoccurrence either....sometimes when a player gets one,it occurs often.
I also forgot about McDonald's shoulder. The offensive line resembles more the walking wounded as the New England Patriots embark for Tennessee:

Mankins' knee
Vollmer's back
McDonald's shoulder

Last edited:
... or they couls set up a stand outside the Segway Experience at Patriot Place and hand out pills and rides on the Segways...

That or build a Waters-park outside the Patriot Experience.. ;)

Been such a hot summer, the Krafts could actually make money off this

Last edited:
Good job jumping to conclusions, guys:
Update on Brian Waters situation - Extra Points - Boston.com
We were told months ago that the Patriots were going to re-do Waters' deal, dropping his base salary from $1.4 million to the veteran minimum, BUT he would receive per-game bonuses for being on the 46-man game-day roster (like they did with Dan Koppen's deal earlier this year), allowing him to make at least $1.4 million - if not more, and at the time, it did not seem there was an issue with that on Waters' side;

There we go. Minimum salary, sure. But also a good amount of money in bonuses.

This makes infinitely more sense to me. He stays away under the agreement that he gets to spend more offseason time with his family. He then changes his mind late in the process when he doesn't want to leave them, the Pats are understandably peeved because they probably planned on him showing up at the end, and now there's a stare down. As much as I'd like to say, "Just suck it up, we need him," I don't think I like the idea of committing to a guy whose heart won't really be in it.

Looks like Felger forgot to read the fine print ....... classic!

If Walter ever reports, he might have to work for nothing. At $30,000 per day, his fines already exceed the salary he would be paid this year.

But..but..everyone on patsfans told us that Waters wasn't getting fined. They even went as far as to bring it up every single day in argument that he'd be here at the end of TC :rolleyes:

It was 'never' about the money, right? ;)

Looks like Felger forgot to read the fine print ....... classic!

WFAN was on top of this, after a choppy start. Francessa had Glazer on and then cut in when the updates about Goodell being able to still hand out punishments became part of the story.

Felger is saying on air that both Bedard and SMY are reporting that the Waters absence is about money....on both sides....and Waters is hiding his true intentions behind the being close to family excuse
The report states the Pats thought they had an understanding with Waters that Waters woud get the guaranteed vet minimum as a salary....and then receive per game bonuses that would make up the difference up to $1.4 mill. Waters apparently changed his tune using the "I want to play closer to my family....but...but for more money , I'll return to the Pats" excuse.
Looks like neither party trusts the other....thus the contract restructure idea to protect the Pats.... and Waters not trusting he would get all $1.4 mill from the Pats.
Come on Bill.....bump the All Pro up and lets get this done. PROTECT BRADY

Is this the same team that gave 6 million to Ochostinko? And they want to pay a pro-bowler 1.4 mill(or 900!)?! Really?!!

Last edited:
I think we will come around inside with or without Waters. Mankins will return to health, Connolly is solid and Wendell is our most improved. Meanwhile Solder has had all kinds of problems, Vollmer still cannot run after back surgery (backs rarely can be fixed) and nobody wants to see Cannon out there. No wonder we have 17 tight ends.

Is this the same team that gave 6 million to Ochostinko? And they want to pay a pro-bowler 1.4 mill(or 900!)?! Really?!!

If that's the case...then the pats are doing this all wrong..

I understand your frustration, but let's remember a couple of things:

1) The incentives for being an active gameday participant (not that hard for Waters to achieve) could have brought it up to an actual raise in pay from last year. There are still somewhat limited reports, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if his incentives would have netted him a 20-25% or so pay raise.

2) No one wanted him last year when he was cut from the KC squad early in camp, yet the team reached out and gave him a very reasonable deal

3) From what I understand, he and his agent even went as far to want something more than the 1 yr/vet minimum deal that the team likely used as a starting point, where they agreed to make it a 2 yr deal worth more. Like many other players who had a good year, now it isn't good enough.

With 10 million in cap space, one would have to believe that they aren't putting much of a priority on this, or they would have bumped his salary up another million dollars or so. Another thing to keep in mind is that we don't know for sure what Waters is asking for.

Don't forget about the $3.85 million signing bonus for Jonathan Fanene.

With 10 million in cap space, one would have to believe that they aren't putting much of a priority on this, or they would have bumped his salary up another million dollars or so. Another thing to keep in mind is that we don't know for sure what Waters is asking for.
How much does a body cast cost for Tom Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes