PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was the fix in for Peyton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think things were fixed per se, but I do think the refs lean towards favorable calls for the Broncos and overall Goodell wanted Peyton to win. Similar to Ray Lewis a few years back.

Would you shut the **** up already with this?

Reality hurts, eh? I will once you stop crying like a 12 year old girl. And yet you keep watching and, what's more, you get your little panties in such a twist about it that you have to make embarrassing remarks on an internet message board that Broncos fans probably just **** themselves laughing over. These are the same types of *****y, whiney little posts that we laughed about last year and in years prior. If you think it's fixed to that point, then stop watching the product. It's really that simple. Your "contributions" to the forum will not be missed as a result of you giving up on a fixed game. Trust me.

Reality hurts, eh? I will once you stop crying like a 12 year old girl. And yet you keep watching and, what's more, you get your little panties in such a twist about it that you have to make embarrassing remarks on an internet message board that Broncos fans probably just **** themselves laughing over. These are the same types of *****y, whiney little posts that we laughed about last year and in years prior. If you think it's fixed to that point, then stop watching the product. It's really that simple. Your "contributions" to the forum will not be missed as a result of you giving up on a fixed game. Trust me.
Or here's an idea, if I think it's fixed to whatever point I'll just ***** about it on a forum, like ****ing everyone in every fanbase does, and then I'll move on with my life and do whatever it is I want about it. You can shove your same old ******** "If you don't like it, you can gittttt out!" posts up your ass we're all ****ing tired of it. It's the same **** every single time anyone questions ANYTHING about officiating on here with you. Guess what? Officials are human beings. They aren't robots. They have some inclination towards teams, and are more likely to be more lenient towards the home team (regardless of which team it is) than the road team. It's life. It was one game. I don't think they're sitting in the locker room nefariously rubbing their hands together plotting out exactly how to **** over the big bad Patriots, I just think it was suspiciously one sided. And you know what? I'm gonna keep watching and keep *****ing and you can suck my ass and ****ing deal with it.

The Broncos defense outplayed everyone, they won them a Lombardi.

I heard they also paid Harper a large sum of money to fumble a punt.

This is one of those threads that gets posted on other teams forums because its so ******ed....please stop making the rest of us look bad.
I heard Belichick had been taking peyote ...

Been a member here since early 2000 .... this one easily makes the top 10 of worst in my tenure.

Not as bad as the trade Brady thread ... but to 10 nonetheless.

Last edited:
And you know what? I'm gonna keep watching and keep *****ing and you can suck my ass and ****ing deal with it.

Give him a break and at least do a strawberry margarita enema first.

I disagree with this thread because there is no compelling argument. Find me a lot of bad calls in favor of the Broncos, other than some judgement calls that may have broken their way. I thought they got some calls against the Steelers, mainly the absurd no-call on Talib in the endzone and the Manning sack that wasn't. Against the Patriots, I think if anything the Patriots got slightly better of the officiating. In the Super Bowl, I didn't see any clear bias either. Broncos pass rush just played balls-to-the-wall. It's unfortunate that Manning got a very unearned ring for the second time in his career, but when you go to the playoffs 15 times, that's a lot of potential lotto winners. Sounds about right in the long-run, with two titles and a sparkling career but still the feeling that he could have won more if he had the same magic as Montana or Brady.

You won't find many Broncos fans saying Elway isn't the best of all-time or 49ers fans saying that Montana isn't the best of all-time. The Greatest Ever argument is just a bunch of smoke. Brady's accomplishments, though, may never be broken. In the modern NFL with so much competition, I don't think another quarterback will ever win more than 22 (and counting) playoff games, and if Brady wins #5, I don't see any other QB ever matching that. Brady can also rack up a lot more wins and put that one out of reach. People can argue all they want about who was "better" but history is won by accomplishments and not excuses.

You're mad?

Or here's an idea, if I think it's fixed to whatever point I'll just ***** about it on a forum, like ****ing everyone in every fanbase does, and then I'll move on with my life and do whatever it is I want about it.

You can do whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that you sound like a gigantic loser when you go off on the 'IT WUZ FIXED LOL WTF!1" tangent. Like I said, it was the same whiney, sniveling crap we read from other forums last year and in years where the team was dominant before then that we would all laugh at. It's embarrassing. If you want to make the rest of the fan base look like a bunch of whiney, little *****es, please do that on your own time.

You can shove your same old ******** "If you don't like it, you can gittttt out!" posts up your ass we're all ****ing tired of it. It's the same **** every single time anyone questions ANYTHING about officiating on here with you.

I don't care if you or anyone else stops watching. That's your life. You're angry right now because you're fully aware that I'm making sense and, logically, you can't fight it so you go off on a pre-pubescent style tangent instead. If you're so devoid of any kind of social life or meaningful existence outside of football that you're willingly going to throat the league's front office as they have you bent over a barrel, that's your call. But it makes absolutely no sense to watch a game that you believe is fixed to that point. None. Zip. Nada. It makes even less sense to whine about it on a public forum then get angry at someone when they exercise their right to call you out on it.

Guess what? Officials are human beings. They aren't robots.

Correct. And, as such, they make bad calls and bad spot judgments all the time. If you think they're fixing the game to that point, then the product is clearly not for you. So go do something else with your time and you'll find that you'll be much happier as a result.

They have some inclination towards teams, and are more likely to be more lenient towards the home team (regardless of which team it is) than the road team. It's life. It was one game. I don't think they're sitting in the locker room nefariously rubbing their hands together plotting out exactly how to **** over the big bad Patriots, I just think it was suspiciously one sided. And you know what? I'm gonna keep watching and keep *****ing and you can suck my ass and ****ing deal with it.

And some of them probably have inclinations toward the Pats. **** happens, bud. And you clearly do think they're nefariously plotting against the Pats. If you didn't, you wouldn't have made the posts that you've made up to and including the OP that I quoted. As for sucking that cottage cheese monstrosity you call an ass, I'll leave that up to your girl.

Last edited:
The postseason was pretty fairly officiated if you ask me. I didn't leave a game thinking any team got especially hosed by officials.

They made mistakes just like they did in the regular season too. For instance: Manning should have been ruled down against Pittsburgh.

The Broncos defense outplayed everyone, they won them a Lombardi.

Agreed. They also got a bit of luck on their side which most Super Bowl-winning teams tend to have.

They made mistakes just like they did in the regular season too. For instance: Manning should have been ruled down against Pittsburgh.
Yea, and that's to be expected.

Nothing as egregious as the regular season Pats-Broncos game

You're mad?

You can do whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that you sound like a gigantic loser when you go off on the 'IT WUZ FIXED LOL WTF!1" tangent. Like I said, it was the same whiney, sniveling crap we read from other forums last year and in years where the team was dominant before then that we would all laugh at. It's embarrassing. If you want to make the rest of the fan base look like a bunch of whiney, little *****es, please do that on your own time.

I don't care if you or anyone else stops watching. That's your life. You're angry right now because you're fully aware that I'm making sense and, logically, you can't fight it so you go off on a pre-pubescent style tangent instead. If you're so devoid of any kind of social life or meaningful existence outside of football that you're willingly going to throat the league's front office as they have you bent over a barrel, that's your call. But it makes absolutely no sense to watch a game that you believe is fixed to that point. None. Zip. Nada. It makes even less sense to whine about it on a public forum then get angry at someone when they exercise their right to call you out on it.

Correct. And, as such, they make bad calls and bad spot judgments all the time. If you think they're fixing the game to that point, then the product is clearly not for you. So go do something else with your time and you'll find that you'll be much happier as a result.

And some of them probably have inclinations toward the Pats. **** happens, bud. And you clearly do think they're nefariously plotting against the Pats. If you didn't, you wouldn't have made the posts that you've made up to and including the OP that I quoted. As for sucking that cottage cheese monstrosity you call an ass, I'll leave that up to your girl.

Meh. I got it off my chest. It was a heavily one-sided officiated game, in my opinion. I don't think this means there is a system of fixing games. But I'm gonna keep watching. So there's that. I take great offense at your insults of my cottage cheese ass by the way and demand you take it back.

Yea, and that's to be expected.

Nothing as egregious as the regular season Pats-Broncos game

I actually turned off that regular season game after the Gronk OPI. I did the same during the Bills game after the inadvertent whistle. I don't think either is an instance of fixing. I think it was more or less about ineptitude. But, between the witch hunt in the offseason and the referees constantly longing for more and more face time during the games, my ability to care about the NFL is dwindling more and more as time goes on. I was over the Pats loss in less than a day when something like that used to ruin my week. I've put thousands of dollars of my own money into the NFL's pocket with the purchase of tickets, memorabilia, traveling, etc. I now don't give them a penny. I sold my Pats tickets when I went up to Boston this past year with my girlfriend. Bottom line is that I can't imagine the people who think this game is fixed on the field (not talking about you, per se, right now) that still continue to not only watch, but to sink thousands of dollars of their own money into the product. That just baffles me. It makes zero sense. I'm not even fully convinced of such a thing and I've already begun pulling away from the game to where I only followed the biggest game of the season with a cursory amount of interest.

more manning threads..

just hoping he finally retires but it seems like he wants to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back