PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was the fix in for Peyton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. And if I did, I'd probably keep watching. Thanks come again
Well if you don't think it's rigged, then I guess we have no disagreement so I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing.

Well if you don't think it's rigged, then I guess we have no disagreement so I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing.
That if it WERE rigged, the worst feeling I ever had that this MIGHT be true was during the Pats Broncos regular season game

Ok,fair enough,but what is your opinion of the coaching through those games?

I agree with you that the game planning was questionable. I think they were hoping to get the running game going a bit, but that's just my guess.

That if it WERE rigged, the worst feeling I ever had that this MIGHT be true was during the Pats Broncos regular season game

That game was the first time I thought something was rigged. I didn't think that during the playoffs or for any of the other games but I definitely thought that Denver game had something going on.

You didn't think that game had some questionable officiating??
It's no secret that the NFL referees suck, but there's miles of difference between lousy refs and deliberately rigging the outcome of a game.

My one day off tomorrow. I will sleep in but my opinion will not change, my friend. They could have stayed with Osweiler like we stuck with Brady in the beginning but they carted out the dinosaur Peyton and depended totally on the defense. Osweiler could have managed the game just as well through the Super Bowl. I just think the Pats tilted the outcome per NFL orders by squandering home field which was ours for the taking.

The whole season had a pretty weird vibe to it, the regular season game in Denver was an officiating farce, and everything seemed to strangely go Denver's way after that game.

Was it all orchestrated? That would mean Goodell somehow got to Belichick and the Patriots and had them take a dive at the right moments. How would he have done that? I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems pretty far out.

It's no secret that the NFL referees suck, but there's miles of difference between lousy refs and deliberately rigging the outcome of a game.

I personally think that the refereeing during the 11/29 Denver game was suspicious. I did not feel that way during the playoffs or during the other 15 regular season games.

On top of that you may have noticed that they lightened up on calling OPI's on Gronk after that game. If you recall Gronk's OPI penalties had received a lot of media attention after that game. He had no more penalties called on him until the AFCCG.

I don't agree with the OP's position at all but I do agree with the possibility of having a corrupt official throwing bogus flags and I think we saw that during the November Denver game.

The whole season had a pretty weird vibe to it, the regular season game in Denver was an officiating farce, and everything seemed to strangely go Denver's way after that game.

Was it all orchestrated? That would mean Goodell somehow got to Belichick and the Patriots and had them take a dive at the right moments. How would he have done that? I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems pretty far out.

I don't think the NFL orchestrated the outcome. I do think we have some questionable (corrupt) refs in the league.

I like this thread.... I like it.

tumblr_mlryi82DVz1qifm00o1_500.gif

Last edited:
This may be the most pathetic thing I've seen this year

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You didn't think that game had some questionable officiating??

I did. The officiating was god awful in that game. That's why I turned it off. It was questionable in terms of sheer ineptitude, though. I don't think they were knowingly throwing the game for the Donks. If I did, you wouldn't be talking to me right now. That course of action makes more sense to me than spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a league and product every year that you believe in your heart to be fixed through the purchase of things like season tickets, jerseys, parking, concessions, and memorabilia. I guess I must be the crazy one, though.

In response to the thread's question, probably.

No, I don't think it was rigged. Poorly officiated, but as far as the outcome, it was just good old-fashioned "bad QB riding the coattails of an awesome defense to the title". Call it the Trent Dilfer special if you'd like, or at this point maybe call it the Peyton Manning special since he's done it twice.

I don't see why Manning winning 2 superbowls is such a big deal that there had to be a "fix".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back