PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vollmer vs. Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I can deny it. That's precisely what I'm doing.

Vollmer had help. Deal with it instead of moving the goalposts.

Your argument was a poor one. It happens, but let's not pretend here and go changing your argument rather than admitting you erred. Hell, the "The Colts rushed 3" makes your assertion look even more silly.

How hasnt Vollmer been a difference maker? They are 4-1 in games he has started. He isnt losing games for them, thats for sure.

Did Freeney do anything against the Pats? No he didnt. Vollmer shut him down. He got help because the Colts only rushed 3 guys on most plays, so the extra 2 guys are going to help, not just stand there. They are going to help the other linemen. Common elementary stuff.

Last edited:
How hasnt Vollmer been a difference maker? They are 4-1 in games he has played in. He isnt losing games for them, thats for sure.

So Vollmer is the reason that the Patriots are 4-1 in those games and they would have lost them with Light?

Did Freeney do anything against the Pats? No he didnt. Vollmer shut him down. He got help because the Colts only rushed 3 guys on most plays, so the extra 2 guys are going to help, not just stand there. They are going to help the other linemen. Common elementary stuff.

As I noted.... one top pass rusher, with help. You were the one denying it, not me.

So, to sum up your two assertions:

Vollmer is a difference maker, and this is proven by a 4-1 record (which means that the team wouldn't have been 4-1 with Light and, therefore, that Light costs the team games).

Also, Vollmer has faced more than one top rusher, even though he's only faced one top rusher, and he's done it without help, even though he had help and it was only a 3 man rush.

You might want to re-think your posts.

So Vollmer is the reason that the Patriots are 4-1 in those games and they would have lost them with Light?

As I noted.... one top pass rusher, with help. You were the one denying it, not me.

So, to sum up your two assertions:

Vollmer is a difference maker, and this is proven by a 4-1 record (which means that the team wouldn't have been 4-1 with Light and, therefore, that Light costs the team games).

Also, Vollmer has faced more than one top rusher, even though he's only faced one top rusher, and he's done it without help, even though he had help and it was only a 3 man rush.

You might want to re-think your posts.

You are not getting my point at all, you never listen to what anyone has to say. It is always what you think and everyone else is wrong.

Being a difference maker doesnt automatically make you a difference between a win and a loss. It gives you a better chance to win games. I have never said that having Vollmer starting is the difference between a win and a loss. You were making that assumption.

Joey Porter isnt a good pass rusher? Thats more than one, him and Freeney. Vollmer got help on the plays that the Colts only rushed 3, which is a given. When you have 5 blocking 3, 2 of the linemen are going to have to help another linemen out.

You are not getting my point at all, you never listen to what anyone has to say. It is always what you think and everyone else is wrong.

Being a difference maker doesnt automatically make you a difference between a win and a loss. It gives you a better chance to win games. I have never said that having Vollmer starting is the difference between a win and a loss. You were making that assumption.

Ummm..... you are the one who pointed to 4-1, not me. I 'get' your point. I just don't buy it. As for the "always what you think", what the hell do you think your position is on this? It's clearly not one of an open-minded poster.

Joey Porter isnt a good pass rusher? Thats more than one, him and Freeney. Vollmer got help on the plays that the Colts only rushed 3, which is a given. When you have 5 blocking 3, 2 of the linemen are going to have to help another linemen out.

No, Joey Porter is not a good pass rusher this year. Feel free to ask Dolphins' fans about the veracity of that statement. Also, Vollmer got help on most of the plays against the Colts, not just on plays where the Colts rushed only 3. You made a poor argument. Just admit it and move on.

Vollmer is the better man.... let him grow into LT.

Light did play well versus Miami...... but he is getting older and becoming less of a superior LT option. Vollmer is the man that should protect Brady. We struck Gold on him. Let Sea-Bass grow into the position he is perfecting.

Light is not right for Left Tackle anymore!!!!! :) Sure he is a solid second option.

VOLLMER:) has earned his spot.

Light, go play RT because Kazcur sucks....... LIGHT to RIGHT!!!!!:)

Last edited:
Not when, in the last 4 weeks, we've lost by 2 points and 1 point.

Would Vollmer told Faulk to head another yard out into the flat to catch the ball on 4th down? Maybe Vollmer would have played a tackle eligible on that play.

I can't think of a single play that was possibly the game changing play that I can blame Light or say that if Vollmer was in that the Pats would have converted.

Sorry, people are reaching here.

How hasnt Vollmer been a difference maker? They are 4-1 in games he has started. He isnt losing games for them, thats for sure.

So could the fact that Vollmer didn't start against two of the three teams the Pats have played with a winning record (possibly three of four if the Ravens win tonight) be part of the reason he was 4-1? He didn't start against Denver or New Orleans. He started against the Colts and lost. He is 0-1 against teams with winning records as a starter. Or could it be that Vollmer has only started in two games on the road and one of them was against the Bucs?

Vollmer started against the Titans, Bucs, Miami, Indy, and the Jets. Only one of them have a record over .500. Did the Pats beat the Jets because Vollmer was in or Sanchez turned over the ball 5 times? Did the Pats beat the Titans and Bucs because of Vollmer or was it because both teams didn't have a win when they faced the Pats and just suck?

Ummm..... you are the one who pointed to 4-1, not me. I 'get' your point. I just don't buy it. As for the "always what you think", what the hell do you think your position is on this? It's clearly not one of an open-minded poster.

No, Joey Porter is not a good pass rusher this year. Feel free to ask Dolphins' fans about the veracity of that statement. Also, Vollmer got help on most of the plays against the Colts, not just on plays where the Colts rushed only 3. You made a poor argument. Just admit it and move on.

I was pointing out the fact that the Pats are 4-1 when Vollmer starts, just simply pointing out that fact. Never did I say that he is the reason for winning these games. I am an open minded poster, unlike yourself. My position on this is that you are assuming things, that myself or the O.P did not say.

Joey Porter is a good pass rusher this year. He has 7 sacks in 10 games, so I think Dolphins fans would be satisfied with that. I am still sticking to my statement that Vollmer for the most part only got help because of the more blocking linemen than defensive linemen rushing. I dont understand why you refuse to give Vollmer the credit he deserves.

So could the fact that Vollmer didn't start against two of the three teams the Pats have played with a winning record (possibly three of four if the Ravens win tonight) be part of the reason he was 4-1? He didn't start against Denver or New Orleans. He started against the Colts and lost. He is 0-1 against teams with winning records as a starter. Or could it be that Vollmer has only started in two games on the road and one of them was against the Bucs?

Vollmer started against the Titans, Bucs, Miami, Indy, and the Jets. Only one of them have a record over .500. Did the Pats beat the Jets because Vollmer was in or Sanchez turned over the ball 5 times? Did the Pats beat the Titans and Bucs because of Vollmer or was it because both teams didn't have a win when they faced the Pats and just suck?

You are not getting my point or the O.P's point. The stat is by no means a bash on Light, it is just simply stating how successful the team has been with Vollmer starting. Of course playing the Titans and the Bucs has something to do with that record, but he has played well against dominant pass rushers.

I have not once said that the Pats won any of the games because Vollmer started, you are just assuming that. I am just saying that Vollmer has had a positive impact in the games that he has started.

Not exactly on topic, but a quote to make us feel good about SOMETHING today :

ProFootballWeekly.com - Big free-agent signings not translating into wins

""(Patriots rookie OLT Sebastian) Vollmer has played as well as any rookie (offensive) tackle. Just look at what Dwight Freeney did to the other two top-10 picks — he ate up (Jaguars OLT) *Eugene Monroe, and they had to bench Jason Smith in St. Louis after Freeney beat up on him. Smith was man-childed. Vollmer handled Freeney without a lot of help." (Vollmer missed the Week 12 game against the Saints because of a head injury.)"

""(Patriots rookie OLT Sebastian) Vollmer has played as well as any rookie (offensive) tackle. Just look at what Dwight Freeney did to the other two top-10 picks — he ate up (Jaguars OLT) *Eugene Monroe, and they had to bench Jason Smith in St. Louis after Freeney beat up on him. Smith was man-childed. Vollmer handled Freeney without a lot of help." (Vollmer missed the Week 12 game against the Saints because of a head injury.)"

Thanks for posting that.

Vollmer has a ways to go to truly be a dominant LT, but he certainly shows signs of becoming one. If he does, he could end up being the best value pick the Pats have made since Tom Brady.

Thank you, it proves my point that Vollmer did not get a lot of help on Freeney and the help that he got was when the Colts only rushed 3. Also, it proves my point that Vollmer is a making a positive impact on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back