PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Visiting Seahawks country

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite comment from a Hawks fan friend of mine was, "It's Tom Brady. He does it to everyone's team eventually. I'm glad we got it out of the way. At least it wasn't Manning. I like 43-8 a lot better."

I was in Seattle last year, so before the SB, but I generally found the locals to be pretty cool. Maybe that would change now, post-SB49, don't really do. Generally speaking, the Pacific Northwest all the way down to Northern California (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Fran) tends to be more hospitable to New Englanders than other regions.

And there's actually a pretty cool reason for that, described here: http://www.tufts.edu/alumni/magazine/fall2013/features/up-in-arms.html. Longish read, but worth it if you have some time to kill. Basically, the whole "Left Coast" region was founded by a combination of people from Appalachia and northeastern Yankees. There's still a distinctly Boston-influenced feel to Seattle and Portland especially, IMO. I've felt more at home there than I have traveling just about anywhere else in the country outside of New England (and I've been pretty much everywhere).

Two types of encounters, two types of responses
1) "Cheaters!" I respond you're mispronouncing (or mis-spelling) CHAMPIONS
I keep with this retort as that's all shouting cheaters deserves, not reasoned debate. It actually works!

2) For those few saying Brady's guilty my rejoinder is a question about car tire pressure in winter followed by details. I'm an engineer.

Asking the j accuse crowd what is the proof of Brady's guilt also leads to productive discussion as they've entered a battle of facts unarmed or more often with faulty ammo

I had people over last Sunday for my daughters birthday. Got into an argument with my brother (Hawks fan) and a friend (Bronco's fan). They think Brady's guilty. They just see the headlines and that's it. Non fans won't bother reading all the different info that's out there. My buddy said "why would the league set up Brady?" I argued with them for a while and got no where so I told them I would e-mail them some info that shows Deflategate is a sham.

The e-mail was point by point with links from all non-Boston sources. I had articles from msn, SI, yahoo, rolling stone, washington post, and cnn. Of course neither had any response after seeing the truth in front of them! The best way to fight this is to show non-Boston articles that point the finger directly at Goodell and the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents