PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Visiting Seahawks country

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Seattle visiting relatives. Just passing along some observations from the Super Bowl runners up.
When I mentioned Brady being railroaded by the NFL, the response was that this was totally ludicrous from my sister in law (who is an otherwise intelligent person.) She said we'll have to discuss that at a later time. I have, of course, offered to let her explain why Brady is guilty, as she and very other Seahawks fan believes. She hasn't taken me up on this yet.
On the other hand, my nephew (other sister in laws kid) who is an Eagles fan clearly sees that there is no case here and understands completely why Brady is going to the wall to defend his reputation.

Couldn't resist getting my picture taken in front of a Seahawks 12 display at the Seattle Music Experience while wearing a Patriots T shirt. My daughter loved it, my sister in law, not so much.
BTW a Seahawks exhibit there shows them as the youngest team to win the SB. I corrected them, but they don't believe this fact either.

Went to the Seahawks stadium and caught a Sounders soccer game. The stadium is nice and the soccer fans are fanatical..40,000 attendance for a soccer game.

We weren't planning on staying in Seattle. We were supposed to go to Lake Chelan, but lightning strikes started fires there and the surrounding town were evacuated. Power lines burned and the roads to and from there were closed. Fortunately we heard about this before the 3 hour drive to get there.

I'll do my best to educate the locals fans here, but as its been said "there's no use talking when no one is listening."

Just ask for the evidence that Brady is guilty. "What is the evidence?"

That's all it usually takes for me to get people suddenly inarticulate.

Then I tell them the evidence (the ball pressure), and explain how the NFL didn't realize that there is this thing called the ideal gas law, and they basically screwed up big time. Usually doesn't convince them, but it gets them to shut up once they realize I know a lot more about the situation than them.

Since Goodell's response to the appeal, some people now say the evidence he cheated is that he destroyed his cell phone, so that's the one to have a response to....Probably deserves its own thread "How to respond to argument that destruction of cell phone is evidence of his guilt"

Last edited:

5021664fd9769dac743b036005006d68.jpg

Why even engage a Seahawks fan in defamegate talk would be much more fun to talk about the Super Bowl.

Every time your sister brings up cheating just say doesn't matter Butler did it.

Just remember this - despite all the claims made against Tom Brady, the one game we know for certain that the balls were properly inflated and not touched by anyone employed by NE, he absolutely dismantled the Seahawks D.

What a bunch of losers their fans are. Just like their team.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. But when you leave, please tell everyone that it was pissing rain the whole time and it was miserable. As you can probably tell from the number of building cranes, we're being invaded.

Regarding Hawks fans, they come in many varieties. In my experience, the most die-hard fans are also those who were most easily accepting of the Super Bowl's outcome. They believe Brady's probably guilty but also think that the whole circus and punishment that followed was absurd. You can't talk any sense to the bandwagon fans so you're probably best off not trying.

I live in Vancouver and head south with the family a few times a year. We took our daughter down to Seattle to visit the zoo last week and stayed a few nights a little north of the city. So many people have the whole family decked out in Hawks gear. I proudly wore my Pat Patriot cap.

I was in Seattle in May. I was wearing a pullover that has a small Patriot logo that drew a few comments, including a pleasant young women (cashier in a CVS) whose face flushed when she saw The Flying Elvis. "Still haven't gotten over that" she muttered.

Most people were pretty good natured. Seeing the #12 almost everywhere, we started thanking the locals for expressing their solidarity with Tom Brady. Not everyone was amused by this.

I live in Seattle, too. It's not easy to convince anyone that Brady is innocent.

I love these videos because they reflect the fan base of the Seahawks well.

Prior to the play they're all chanting "BEAST! BEAST! BEAST!" together in unison.

Then the play happens, and you have like 2 or 3 guys realizing how sh*tty that was, and the other 17 fans standing there silent, trying to figure out what the heck an interception is.

A few months ago I ventured over to the Seahawk fan forum just to read some comments. They were pretty level headed comments especially after a Super Bowl loss like that. I did not see the constant cheatritos BS. Now a Broncos, Ravens, Colts or Jets Forum is another world altogether.

It's difficult, or almost impossible, to have a real discussion with a fan of another team regarding Brady. They made up their mind as soon as Mort "broke" the story way back when. They are not open to hearing the evidence, or lack thereof, and won't even bother to read any of the Wells Report, which clearly contradicts itself often. Not to mention, no one seems bothered that it is the Wells/Pash report which is a huge conflict of interest.

This, amongst many other aspects to this whole thing.

Just ask for the evidence that Brady is guilty. "What is the evidence?"

That's all it usually takes for me to get people suddenly inarticulate.

Here's what people tell me: The Wells Report spelled it all out. Brady destroyed his cell phone. Kraft accepted the penalties. Case closed.

When I try to argue details like the Ideal Gas Law I'm dismissed as a delusional homer. It accomplishes nothing trying to convert the haters. This is where Kraft hurt the franchise and the fan base by capitulating.

Here's what people tell me: The Wells Report spelled it all out.

People that say that, I just ask them what evidence it actually spelled out, specifically, that he did something wrong.

You are right most are beyond reason, but one or two I've talked to actually want to engage with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes