PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri out 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gostkowski is a free agent next year right? I guess we'll be signing him next.

:D

hahaha...keep dreaming. Ghost has a cannon for a leg and should remain an "outdoor kicker".

don't listen to them Workhorse... the Colts will be a force in the AFC this year as long as #18 is still the QB

I know that many around here hate/like him still. Another knee surgery per Adam Schefter. Just FYI.

Damn, that sucks. Hope he he has a fast and complication-free recovery.

Being bitter because Vinatieri left for a boatload of money = weak. He gave us a ton while he was here, and the Pats were looking to move on anyways- they wanted someone who could consistently destroy kickoffs, and that's exactly what they got in Gostkowski (heard that third-hand from someone inside of the organization, so take it FWIW. Not exactly reliable sourcing, I'll admit).

Last edited:
He had a piece of cartilage removed I heard. I didn't like it when the Colts picked him up, sort of like sleeping with the enemy, but he is a classy man. Saved our butts just as he has saved yours. There is a lot of doubt here in Indy about him because he has been a little off lately. Good thing is we haven't really needed to rely on him. Stover will fill in fine short term, but Vinateri isn't exactly replaceable. I don't know how any of you could blame him for leaving. It is all business. He did as much for your Super Bowl victories as Tom Brady, IMO. Too bad he probably won't be back for the Prime Time matchup

He had a piece of cartilage removed I heard. I didn't like it when the Colts picked him up, sort of like sleeping with the enemy, but he is a classy man. Saved our butts just as he has saved yours. There is a lot of doubt here in Indy about him because he has been a little off lately. Good thing is we haven't really needed to rely on him. Stover will fill in fine short term, but Vinateri isn't exactly replaceable. I don't know how any of you could blame him for leaving. It is all business. He did as much for your Super Bowl victories as Tom Brady, IMO. Too bad he probably won't be back for the Prime Time matchup

The Vinitraitor

He is dead to me

I gotta admit, I don't harbor any hard feelings toward Vinatieri. I hope he comes out of it okay then suddenly relapses, just for a second, as the Colts are about to kick the game winning field goal vs. the Pats.

And you guys aren't getting Ghost! :mad:

32-48 for 350 yards and 3 TD against Carolina will disagree with you.

a 5 yard pass and a 1 yard pass to vrabel is what i remember. i don't know if he had a longer one. I know it wasn't from 41 yards out, like the gamewinner. and how spectacular was brady in the other two? the PATRIOTS won 3 Super Bowls, not Tom Brady,

Rams game Brady 6, Ty Law 6 Vinatieri 8=20 points scored
Eagles game 3 interceptions by McNabb, Brady 12, Dillion 6, Vinatieri 6=24points
Carolina game Brady 18 pts, Faulk 2, Smith 6, Vinatieri 6=32 points (Branch's TD came when NE got the ball on the Panthers 20 yd Line

grand total
Brady 36
Vinatieri 20
others 20

I think you were lucky to have AV as well as TB

I wish him the best. He may have left for the Colts but he will always be recognized for what he did while with the Pats. And I still have my talking bottle opener that replays the winning kick from the Pats' first SB victory!!

Last edited:
I know that many around here hate/like him still. Another knee surgery per Adam Schefter. Just FYI.

I hope his knee is amputated. Eff him & everybody in the Dolts organization - esp. that filthy hypocrite Jimmy Irsay - to Hell. I hope they all die painful deaths ASAP.

This injury shocked the world, but it didn't shock itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes