PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

very, very, very minor bright side to Brady injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
okay, okay, before the flames come, I want to point out that there really is absolutely no bright side to Brady's injury, but I am trying my hardest to be optimistic and point out that............

....with Brady's injury, I think as fans we will learn to truely appreciate WINS again. Hear me out, even for us die hard fans it is hard not to take some of these wins for granted. If Brady was healthy today and we only won the game by 4 points we would all be pretty disappointed. Winning is not enough, but it is now by 'how much' or 'style points'. Most of us, including myself, didn't even take this game against the Chiefs seriously. We were watching for pure entertainment value but did not really consider the reality of a loss. When Brady went down, the game got serious pretty quickly.

The Patriots have now resumed the role of the true underdogs and it will be interesting to see how they rebound.

I agree. Plus now we get to be underdogs again. Remember that feeling? Get ready to play the 'no respect' card all year long. Anything the Pats accomplish this year will be a nice surprise.

We've all taken Tom Brady for granted the past few years, when he comes back we'll appreciate him a lot more methinks.

Also, I can't wait to see what Josh McDaniels does without Brady bailing him out every game... McDaniels will actually have to make smart play calls from now on, and hopefully grow from it.

Plus, the defense and ST units will get stronger for future years having to deal with more pressure to perform.

Totally agree. I posted sort of the same thing in the "How Do You Feel" thread. You said it better, though.

Yes, that is true. A Chiefs game that we would typically win 42-10 turned into a nail biter. I guess I just worry about what happens when we play a good team....I don't know that I will still agree with you!:)

As much as this is a complete drag and terrible dissapointment. Some part of me feels like the pressure is off. I also get a fresh perspective of the awesome accomplishment of 3 SB wins this decade. I hope the best for Tom but am looking forward to how the team deals and responds.

I totally agree. In a way, the pressure is off. The hunted becomes the hunter.

Who knows? Maybe we'll squeak out an 11-5 season with a division title and a rare 11-5 bye week... win a few tough games in bad weather in the playoffs and pull a major upset over the 14-2 Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl led by the unknown Cassel...

Then we'll trade Tom Brady for a first round pick and start another dynasty ;)

Just kidding obviously, but I like your post, and you're absolutely right. Once Brady went down, this game became much more interesting, and I felt good about the win itself (bad overall, but the win made me feel proud of these guys).

Here's to more of that this season, and a speedy recovery for Brady!

Here's another very minor bright side:

After Kareem retired from the Lakers, Pat Riley said to Magic, "Now we'll see if you can really play." To which Magic replied, "No--now we're gonna see if you can really coach."

Now we're gonna see if Belichick can really coach.

Good point, it does make the regular season much more interesting. Going into this season, I really could've cared less for the first 16 games with our soft schedule. I figured we'd sleepwalk to a 14-2/13-3 record and last night I was actually looking forward more to how my fantasy team performed than the Patriots' season opener. Now every week will be important, how big is next week's game vs. the Jets?? Already hyped for that one.

Still hurts like a ***** though

We have been rather lucky in how long Brady has been durable. He's taken many hits that could have been the one. He'll get to spend much time with his little boy is about the best bright side to his possible season ending injury.

Ain't gonna lie.............. It's pretty devistating to me. Still, you make great points. One other bright spot (if you can call them that). There will be a hell of lot more leg room on the bandwagon.

**** it. I made it through 90'-91', so no matter what happens......... I'll make it through 08'

GO PATRIOTS​

We have been rather lucky in how long Brady has been durable. He's taken many hits that could have been the one. He'll get to spend much time with his little boy is about the best bright side to his possible season ending injury.

Yeah - I thought the same thing too. The 1 - 2 year old development is pretty cool.

But back to football, I think forcing the team to learn to all step it up to play better in Brady's absence will make them that much stronger

Also, I guess we finally get to see how good an OC McDaniels truly is. It's really a great opportunity for Josh personally and could really give him a good shot at a HC position.

No team he'd go to would ever have Tom Brady on it. If he can win here with an average QB he can really write his ticket for any organization.

Last edited:
If Brady has an injury I am glad it is on the first game and in the first quarter, at least he might come back on time to win another superbowl.

If this happen on the last game of the regular season oh man it would be catastrophic.

- I can use these responses.

Pats Loss: Hey, no Brady
Pats Win: lol, you got beat by Matt Cassel!

- My blood pressure won't be sky high at the end of the season.
- More legroom on the bandwagon
- Did I mention less pressure?

Another bright side:

I bet his foot doesn't hurt so much anymore.

I agree plus it wil give his shoulder thats been bothering him for years extra time to heal. ;)

I agree plus it wil give his shoulder thats been bothering him for years extra time to heal. ;)
LOL, I was gonna say the same thing - the foot too.

Also, if it had to happen at least it's early in the season with respect to being ready for next year.

Also timing.

If this happened say before the AFC WC/Divisional or Championship game then people would be flying off the Tobin Bridge right now.

By week 14 if you aren't in out of the denial stage then what can I tell yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back