PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

very, very, very minor bright side to Brady injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another very minor bright side:

After Kareem retired from the Lakers, Pat Riley said to Magic, "Now we'll see if you can really play." To which Magic replied, "No--now we're gonna see if you can really coach."

Now we're gonna see if Belichick can really coach.

This board has officially hit rock bottom when it has to resort to a F'n Laker qoute.

"Now we're gonna see if Belichick can really coach."

Brilliant, hit the nail right on the head, outstanding point.

Now we'll see if BB really is the brilliant coach we all think he is. The running game, DEFENSE, special teams and coaching all need to set up.

Look on the bright side; the Dolts and the Bolts both lost.

The Dolts looked like azz tonight, Clarke may be out awhile and that game proves you can't miss the whole preseason and just waltz onto the field and pick up where you left off last year, although Mannings performance reminded me of how he gagged vs the Bolts in the playoffs last year. Not to mention Marvin looks about 1,000 years old.

this is the exact line of thought im using to make myself feel better. theres no more pressure or tension involved in a super bowl or bust season. we go back to that 2001 mentality. i know we cant expect the 2001 result, but this season can still be fun if the team is up to the challenge

Here's another very minor bright side:

After Kareem retired from the Lakers, Pat Riley said to Magic, "Now we'll see if you can really play." To which Magic replied, "No--now we're gonna see if you can really coach."

Now we're gonna see if Belichick can really coach.
Newsflash - Tom Brady wasn't TOM BRADY in 2001.

Last time this happened the Patriots won three Super Bowls. Unlikely to happen again, but I am not panicked. Belichick has been through this before, with Phil Simms in 1990 and Drew Bledsoe in 2001. In each situation the backup led the team to a league championship. For all we know Cassel could be the next Jeff Hostetler or O'Connell could be the next Tom Brady.

The Patriots will grind it out and persevere. If the 2007 season showed us one thing, there is no such thing as championship offense, only championship defense.

no more talk of being 'undefeated'

okay, okay, before the flames come, I want to point out that there really is absolutely no bright side to Brady's injury, but I am trying my hardest to be optimistic and point out that............

....with Brady's injury, I think as fans we will learn to truely appreciate WINS again. Hear me out, even for us die hard fans it is hard not to take some of these wins for granted. If Brady was healthy today and we only won the game by 4 points we would all be pretty disappointed. Winning is not enough, but it is now by 'how much' or 'style points'. Most of us, including myself, didn't even take this game against the Chiefs seriously. We were watching for pure entertainment value but did not really consider the reality of a loss. When Brady went down, the game got serious pretty quickly.

The Patriots have now resumed the role of the true underdogs and it will be interesting to see how they rebound.

great point I was thinking the same

no more talk of being 'undefeated'

Except we are.....lol....someone had to say it.

Great thread here.

Folks, it's football, we'll be fine. We have a really talented team.

I actually agree with this %100. I think some fans, and I'll include myself in this before the humbling I got at Superbowl 42, were getting a little too ****y. Starting to think that we were the best team and all other teams should just lay down for us.

I hope we go back to the dink and dunk offense to some degree, I mean you got to throw it vertically some with Randy Moss there, but I love screens and small tosses over the middle. Welker makes his living there.

Also, another bright side is we will finally get to see what Matt Cassel can do, and whether those of us who have doubted him were right. In the past I've been critical and I still am to a degree, I feel like when you spend this much time building such a solid overall team you should bring in an experienced, veteran backup to be ready to take the reins instead of a guy who hasn't started a game since high school. And I've felt this way for a while now, not just now that Tom is allegedly gone for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes