PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas didn't trade down from 20. They traded UP from #4 of the 2nd round. So the whole basis of your post is BUNK.

Sorry, it was a crappy deal. If you want to think it was good, so be it. But it wasn't. Not when Dallas paid out a 3rd and a 5th to move up to # 26 from the #4 spot of the 2nd round.

Just stop now before you embaras yourself even further. You are just complaining cause you want players now and not later when next years class is most likely going to be better than this years.

Guys relax...the 1st day isn't even over yet. Besides BB said on ESPN it was about value...if you use the chart the 28th pick is worth 660. The 4th rounder is worth 74. Which means if the 49ers won the SB next year their pick would be worth 590. If its the 20th pick next year its worth 850...do the math.

I don't think it works like that. Obviously, a pick this year is worth more than the same pick next year. People on this board can link us to BB saying that himself.

IMO, if the Patriots still had a rnd 2 this year and made this trade I think there might be less objection to it. Or gotten a Rnd 2 or 3 instead of the 4 maybe there'd be less objection. There's a chance they can still get a good player or 2 with the picks they don't have, but there's more luck involved as you get farther down in the draft. And if Meriweather isn't as good as we all hope he is, well, they won't have improved that much if all they get otherwise is guys well down the depth chart. Hell, it might even keep M hill around another year.

After this afternoon, is there anyone out there still worried that BB and Pioli are not planning to stay in NE long-term? :) :) :)

It was like they had no plan. I am surprised they did not trade #24 for a 2009 first round pick.

You're right they are just going through this draft making it up as they go along. Actually I heard they had a dart board with each players name on it, but they remove the good players names just to piss off the fans.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes