PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vegas Rumour: No Punishment For Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying and I'm not arguing with you. I'm just making an outside-the-box suggestion that the league's claiming the refs did their due diligence from the outset shouldn't necessarily be accepted out of hand, and that the Patriots aren't the sole prospective "culprits."

Got it. :)

I'm not sure what you're referring to? The NFL confirmed today that the officials had properly measured the footballs, which is directly from the NFL themselves. How is that considered to be a rumor still?
He said the Colts tipped them off and there was a sting operation. Pretty sure that's a rumor. A rumor without a named source. It's a fact that the NFL claims they checked the balls in accordance with their regs. It's not a fact that it happenned that way. They also didn't factually state how that check was completed. Since the NFL has never told us when their rules checking balls were not followed, but we have good reason to believe they have not been followed before I find statements that they followed the proper procedure hollow. It could just as well mean they followed the procedure they normally follow. And the refs checked and marked the balls as they normally do.

He said the Colts tipped them off and there was a sting operation. Pretty sure that's a rumor. A rumor without a named source. It's a fact that the NFL claims they checked the balls in accordance with their regs. It's not a fact that it happenned that way. They also didn't factually state how that check was completed. Since the NFL has never told us when their rules checking balls were not followed, but we have good reason to believe they have not been followed before I find statements that they followed the proper procedure hollow. It could just as well mean they followed the procedure they normally follow.

Obviously hoping you're correct with the "blame it on the refs" theory, but it's looking less and less as if that is the case, and even if it were the NFL and Goodell are never going to admit that in a million years.

Obviously hoping you're correct with the "blame it on the refs" theory, but it's looking less and less as if that is the case, and even if it were the NFL and Goodell are never going to admit that in a million years.
I've only become more confident. I think it's unlikely BB and Brady lied. I think it's unlikely they have anyone haphazardly deflating balls on secret. If they did, presumably there's ball boys out there that could turn them in. I really doubt there's an advantage. During Spygate BB wasn't sneaky. The camera guy was in the open, and when questioned he said he did it. The whole thing seems very unlikely to me and I would be shocked if it was anything more than a combination of weather and poor procedures.

I'd also be surprised if the NFL admits to any wrong doing. But the fact that they have a conflict of interest and still can't find anything on the Patriots is telling in itself.

The NFL should let the Pats off because it's the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE REFS to insure the balls are properly inflated, not the Pats (unless the Pats intentionally altered the pressure of which there is absolutely no evidence)
I agree that's what SHOULD happen, I was predicting what will happen cuz the haters are out for blood and gotohell cares to much about public opinion to do nothing

I've only become more confident. I think it's unlikely BB and Brady lied. I think it's unlikely they have anyone haphazardly deflating balls on secret. If they did, presumably there's ball boys out there that could turn them in. I really doubt there's an advantage. During Spygate BB wasn't sneaky. The camera guy was in the open, and when questioned he said he did it. The whole thing seems very unlikely to me and I would be shocked if it was anything more than a combination of weather and poor procedures.

I'd also be surprised if the NFL admits to any wrong doing. But the fact that they have a conflict of interest and still can't find anything on the Patriots is telling in itself.

While I believe that you make some good points, my concern is that there's no way that the NFL will ever admit any wrongdoing, particularly after the year that they've had. You mention the same concern.

The best I think we're looking at here is a conclusion where they think something happened, but simply can't prove it. It's not going to get any better than that.

They have an easy, plausible ready made excuse for "nobody is to blame" and that's simply "physics, yo'". They could have just said that today and let it go and nobody looks foolish.
Unfortunately, that is likely a big part of the reason, but they will definitely look foolish if they spent weeks on an investigation and came up with- duh cold dun it.

They probably should have said that day one or two, now I think they have pressure to come up with something, anything but the actual reason.

There is no way this ends with no punishment. Goodell will have to give the Pats something or the league will come under fire.

"Deserve got nothing to do with it". Pats will get screwed regardless.

finally could we concentrate on Seahawks and Super Bowl ? ;)
I said the same thing yesterday on PFT twice and they deleted my posts. I found a thread there discussing the actual GAME and I said finally we can discuss this great Super Bowl matchup rater than this manufactured ball inflation non-story. My posts were deleted! The only time that ever happened.

Stop patronizing the site

Peter King reported the following:

The 12 footballs used in the first half for New England, and the 12 footballs used by the Colts, all left the officials’ locker room before the game at the prescribed pressure level of between 12.5 pounds per square inch and 13.5 PSI.
Peter King is not the voice of the NFL. Nor its investigation team. Nor is Mort. The NFL has said nothing to date, other then it is conducting an investigation, not even what it is investigating.

Peter King is not the voice of the NFL. Nor its investigation team. Nor is Mort. The NFL has said nothing to date, other then it is conducting an investigation, not even what it is investigating.

He's full of sh*t, in other words, has been for a long time. Maybe a ref told him that, probably because they never actually do that and don't want to get blamed. Haven't actual ballboys siad the most they do is give them a squeeze, maybe just a sample.

This is real life people. There are lots of regulations that, if followed to the letter, would take twice as long as the available time. It's that way in my job and probably yours.

What else would the refs say there... They felt right... Of course they will say they were between the regulation targets.

This is 100% bad procedure and the NFL will not be able to fine the patriots one red cent without a smoking gun. The story is way too big now and there is either, like said, a person who did it or negligence on the refs part.

I see the latter, which will ultimately be blamed on mother nature to cover it up.

Then new policies and procedures for next year.

By the way I'm re watching the champ game now and we are going to destroy Seattle! Our boys will be bringing it, and hell with them

Deus,

I agree.

Nor is there any evidence of wrongdoing by anyone, if the Colts had their footballs held in a cold truck or bus until just before being brought to the officials lockeroom. If tested then, they would be in specification like the Patriots footballs, possibly warm out of spec, after testing, and resume being in and still be in specification when taken outside officials locker room to the field and cooled off once again for the duration of the cold game, remaining within specification when tested at halftime. Meanwhile the cooling Patriots footballs would fall below specifications on the cold sidelines, and need re-inflation when measured outside at halftime.

A natural situation caused by Mother Nature and the ideal Gas Law PV = nRT.

No cheating by anyone. Much Ado About Nothing.

Journalism majors knowing no Science are hoist on their own petard, earning the sobriquet MEDIOTS.

In the words of Harry Potter and the ministry of magic, we hereby clear the accused of all charges.

So what supposed video evidence are they waiting to see in the investigation, by the way? I've heard a little about it but have seen nothing yet.

So what supposed video evidence are they waiting to see in the investigation, by the way? I've heard a little about it but have seen nothing yet.

Most probably CCTV recordings following the bag of balls around.

Wouldn't they have already reviewed all of the available videos multiple times by multiple people? Initially the NFL office said the investigation would be wrapped up by Friday (2 - 3 days). On Friday, they hired a forensics investigator to perform scientific testing / methods. Have to believe nothing showed up on the videos or CCTV tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back