PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vegas Rumour: No Punishment For Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that the ref didnt use a gauge. Big game 2 great QB's 48 balls , NFL wants a great offenesive game. He feels balls up and oks them. And that is where Comish's problem is. And Pats know it.Comish gets colts and Pats sworn to secrecy about it. Kraft was easy,Irsay was psycho...but after a few days he came around( I dont know what he promised him). Now what? bring in the best to investigate ray rice...ooops no.. deflategate. so either they find Pats innocent, or Kraft agrees to 25000 fine, or this drags on till everyone forgets.

easy to say - and hard to do - but everyone should avoid ever clicking a link again from the "news"papers...
You do not know how lousy papers are until they "report" on you. I ran a minor chess tournament about 20 years ago. (Damn, I'm old. :) ) A reporter played in it in the non-rated section. When the story, a human interest thing, came out I was amazed how much was wrong.

It's a non-issue that has been blown up into an international scandal. Even if the Patriots cheated, it's a $25k fine, according to the rule itself.

This is nothing more than committing a personal foul in a game, if it's even that.

Agreed. I think the thing that bothers me the most is, why cheat at all? ( if proven ). The pats have a great team and on top of that, they are a matchup nightmare for the colts. Cheating would indicate insecurity and for the life of me, i cant understand why. Which is why i truly believe they didnt know or purposely do this. I simply cant.

I think the problem is that the ref didnt use a gauge.

I realize that this is the popular rumor at the moment, but according to many of the reports throughout the week along with the NFL's report this afternoon, they did indeed check the balls between 12.5 and 13.5.

Agreed. I think the thing that bothers me the most is, why cheat at all? ( if proven ). The pats have a great team and on top of that, they are a matchup nightmare for the colts. Cheating would indicate insecurity and for the life of me, i cant understand why. Which is why i truly believe they didnt know or purposely do this. I simply cant.
If IF , Brady likes less psi, i have the feeling that he didnt think it was cheating.

Please treat this with caution, I am making no claims tabout the reliabilities of the source. But...

https://twitter.com/SharksOfVegas/status/558482256227217408

This was re-tweeted by Mike Loyko. The source went on to say:

This obviously ties in with Scheffer's reporting which is why I put it here but obviously it shouldn't be taken as definite.

Well, we can obviously assume that this report is not accurate as well, considering that we now know they aren't going to make any kind of judgment anytime soon.

I realize that this is the popular rumor at the moment, but according to many of the reports throughout the week along with the NFL's report this afternoon, they did indeed check the balls between 12.5 and 13.5.
It's possible, but then you have to conclude that that Chicago ball boy was lying when he said they often don't check them. And then you have to conclude that the Patriots actually did have someone somehow deflate 12 footballs secretly in a game with millions of people watching. You'd also have to conclude that the Patriots actually would rather have some haphazardly deflated ball that could vary from one to the next than a standard ball which to my knowledge provides as many negatives as positives. Oh, and that BB and Brady are sure that nobody who they told to do this will sell their story for a million dollars, and no camera or witness will catch them.

All those things are possible, but like many conspiracy theories they are far less plausible than many simple explanations. And I do not take the NFL's statement that they checked the balls to be an explicit affirmation that they were checked with a gauge, and I certainly would find the possibility that the refs fibbed to be plausible. If not outright backed up by an actual witness in the CHI ball boy.

It's possible, but then you have to conclude that that Chicago ball boy was lying when he said they often don't check them. And then you have to conclude that the Patriots actually did have someone somehow deflate 12 footballs secretly in a game with millions of people watching. You'd also have to conclude that the Patriots actually would rather have some haphazardly deflated ball that could vary from one to the next than a standard ball which to my knowledge provides as many negatives as positives. Oh, and that BB and Brady are sure that nobody who they told to do this will sell their story for a million dollars, and no camera or witness will catch them.

All those things are possible, but like many conspiracy theories they are far less plausible than many simple explanations. And I do not take the NFL's statement that they checked the balls to be an explicit affirmation that they were checked with a gauge, and I certainly would find the possibility that the refs fibbed to be plausible. If not outright backed up by an actual witness in the CHI ball boy.

The bottom line is that the NFL is sticking to their story that the balls were properly measured prior to the game on Sunday, so that's what is important--as unfortunate as that is.

Before their official statement today it was just a rumor, but now it's obvious that they are going to stick with that story, right or wrong.

I also would think that they would have been extremely careful, knowing that they were in the midst of an official investigation based on the reports that the Colts and/or Ravens had previous issues and had brought it to the attention of the league prior to Sunday's game. In other words, I agree with you that they probably don't always measure the balls prior to the game, but this is a much different case.

Only thing I have an issue with is the last paragraph. Goodell does not play favs- even Krafts guy, BB.
no he's saying that's what the haters think.

According to Schecter NFL is focusing on the chain of command. Whatever that means.

Edit: Focusing investigation

According to Schecter NFL is focusing on the chain of command. Whatever that means.
Yea. Whos chain of command. The NFLs of HC of NEP.

Yea. Whos chain of command. The NFLs of HC of NEP.

I believe both...audio available on weei.com. He said the Pats are the most polarizing team in all of sports and that he believed both Brady and Belichick for what its worth.

The bottom line is that the NFL is sticking to their story that the balls were properly measured prior to the game on Sunday, so that's what is important--as unfortunate as that is.

Before their official statement today it was just a rumor, but now it's obvious that they are going to stick with that story, right or wrong.

I also would think that they would have been extremely careful, knowing that they were in the midst of an official investigation based on the reports that the Colts and/or Ravens had previous issues and had brought it to the attention of the league prior to Sunday's game. In other words, I agree with you that they probably don't always measure the balls prior to the game, but this is a much different case.
The are framing out the findings before the findings are found.:cool:

Officials did their job. Brady is ok. Pats did nothing. Colts did nothing.

As Tom Hanks in "Castaway" says, "The air got to it!"

Matt H. Said the Colts do not blame the balls at all and are shocked at how upset people are getting.

Now it just bothers me that this will take until after the SB. No one will give us any sort of credit if we win over this BS!

The are framing out the findings before the findings are found.:cool:

Officials did their job. Brady is ok. Pats did nothing. Colts did nothing.

As Tom Hanks in "Castaway" says, "The air got to it!"

This scenario would be fine with me, that's for sure--especially after all of the negative attention that has suggested that they did do something.

In a perfect world this would be put to rest within the next few days, but that's just not going to happen now.

Matt H. Said the Colts do not blame the balls at all and are shocked at how upset people are getting.

I remember a certain person named Eric Mangini who made very similar comments regarding the taping of signals.

"I'm shocked that it became so much of an issue, and I never would have brought it to anyone's attention had I known that."

I assume this is Hasselbeck? He should ask his owner if he blames the footballs. Pill-popping Jim couldn't take his regularly scheduled ass kicking like a man.

the chicago ball boy was probably talking about 10 years ago. It could be different now. Also, the ball boy may have been talking what is routine in the NFL - that is, they don't check most times with a pressure gauge. however, the league was tipped off by the colts that the pats might be using underinflated balls. that is why the refs probably checked at the beginning of the game the air pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back