PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated Patriot Coaches and titles

You miss Charlie Weis, don't ya?

View attachment 51698
sick jim carrey GIF

I heard they're replacing Wink Fartindale with Ding Dongleberry on Tic Tac Dope...

Key words here are "Before going to the Giants". I agree with your characterization of the Before Time. But something changed after Judge got the big promotion. His NY time was a huge fail and ended with players happy to see his back. Since his return we've had more a continuation of the NY Era than a return to the Before Time - unhappy players, poor performance.

And don't forget that his role as WRs coach here in 2019 was a complete disaster, as Rob mentioned on the previous page.

Belichick has a long history especially in recent years of rewarding loyalty.
Maybe with coaches but definitely not with players.

3. Belichick obviously knew last year was a disaster. His solution was to give Patricia the boot and make Judge his right hand. It is ridiculous to dismiss the meaning behind this.
I think the meaning is very clear now that we know that Judge is being paid by the NYG for this year and next.

Judge was the Pats Assistant HC from 2012 - 2019. Funny how I never saw you wanting him gone until last year.

I wonder why??

Remember when Andy Reid got run out of town in Philly? Remember when Skippy Macdaniels was a HC and he had Tebow?

Kraft wanted BOB. Look it up.

Finally the 2023 season begins and all your litany of excuses and scapegoats as reasons why Jones failed wont fly anymore.

Its put up or shut up time for you.
Just was never listed as an assistant. He was a special teams coach. Unless he performed the duties and it wasn't officially listed as such.

I think the meaning is very clear now that we know that Judge is being paid by the NYG for this year and next.
It's alot easier to have loyalist around when you don't have to compensate them. Curran made an interesting point he said BBs budget he's given ties into his own salary.. less he spends, more he gets..

It's alot easier to have loyalist around when you don't have to compensate them. Curran made an interesting point he said BBs budget he's given ties into his own salary.. less he spends, more he gets..
I remember trying to have a discussion about the way the budget works with Kraft. I may have even started a thread about it. Many posters here don't believe that Bob gives Bill a budget which is the total of the salary cap for players plus coaches salaries and that Bill keeps the leftovers. Maybe we never hear a word about how much Bill makes because his pay is flexible.

Very true, Slater, D Mac, Chung, Troy brown, faulk, bruschi to name a few over the years that he rewarded them for loyalty.
How exactly were those players rewarded for their loyalty? By Bill letting them play here? Didn't Chung leave and come back?

There are exceptions of course but if we both took the time to list the players on both sides of this discussion, I think my list would be much longer and I know the players would be better.

With players too.
Like Brady, Gronk, Amendola and Gilmore? And if you want to travel back in time how loyal was he to Welker, Seymour and Ty Law. Sorry Captain but we don't agree on this one. Bill's loyalty seems to be tied into salaries more than anything else.

I remember trying to have a discussion about the way the budget works with Kraft. I may have even started a thread about it. Many posters here don't believe that Bob gives Bill a budget which is the total of the salary cap for players plus coaches salaries and that Bill keeps the leftovers. Maybe we never hear a word about how much Bill makes because his pay is flexible.
Your absolutely correct! And is why it's reported that his coaches outside of BOB and klemm are making peanuts.. it's directly tied into his budget given by ownership.

How exactly were those players rewarded for their loyalty? By Bill letting them play here? Didn't Chung leave and come back?

There are exceptions of course but if we both took the time to list the players on both sides of this discussion, I think my list would be much longer and I know the players would be better.
Those guy's were captains , carried BBs message in the locker room and on the field. Yes your making my point on Chung, he came back here he said BB told him he needs his leadership in the secondary and he'd be used differently the 2nd time around. McCourtys last contract was not only for being a great player, but to his loyalty he almost left in FA, same for Hightower and others. People forget sometimes BB Is also the GM as well. He has full power to reward guy's he feels deserves it. There is some loyalty among players BB has and that is nothing wrong with that. The players are qualified to do what they do. Judge and Patricia last season weren't

Like Brady, Gronk, Amendola and Gilmore? And if you want to travel back in time how loyal was he to Welker, Seymour and Ty Law. Sorry Captain but we don't agree on this one. Bill's loyalty seems to be tied into salaries more than anything else.
Amendola was oft injured, gronk was phenomenal but injured as well.. BB used that against them.. gilly wanted a raise after the DPLOY award. He got one. Ty law regretted his decision to leave. He said he was young and egotistical. He said he felt he'd have at least 2 more rings had he stayed. Seymour asked to be traded after contract talks broke down he got his wish! The one guy I didn't like how BB played hard ball with was Vince, Vince played 6 years on his rookie deal.

Amendola was oft injured, gronk was phenomenal but injured as well.. BB used that against them.. gilly wanted a raise after the DPLOY award. He got one. Ty law regretted his decision to leave. He said he was young and egotistical. He said he felt he'd have at least 2 more rings had he stayed. Seymour asked to be traded after contract talks broke down he got his wish! The one guy I didn't like how BB played hard ball with was Vince, Vince played 6 years on his rookie deal.

And Ben Watson played 6 years on his rookie deal too.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back