PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated Patriot Coaches and titles

Judge is listed among the defensive coaches and not special teams. Let’s hope Belichick isn’t going to allow him to screw up the defense this year after playing a big role in screwing up the offense last year.

I have to (need to) assume its an assistant to the assistant head coach position, right? Don't drool on my clipboard type of position.
J. Mayo is only listed as LB coach? I'd love to know what he agreed to come back for to only have LB coach in his resume.
I do think it all works well however, everyone knows it's BBs defense, they just have to continue showing their ability to guide the D without BB feeling the need to intervene.

with Ernie Adams retired, who on the team thinks up these things? do any teams other than the Pats not list a DC or ST co ord? isn't BB too busy for such non sense?

Judge is listed among the defensive coaches and not special teams. Let’s hope Belichick isn’t going to allow him to screw up the defense this year after playing a big role in screwing up the offense last year.
Judge is such a trainwreck as a coach, that BB named him Assistant HC.

An OC is only as good as his QB. Cant turn crap into gold.

with Ernie Adams retired, who on the team thinks up these things? do any teams other than the Pats not list a DC or ST co ord? isn't BB too busy for such non sense?
Accord is ST coordinator

Every time I encounter a reference to Judge I react like Seinfeld hearing "Newman". Man, I wish he was gone (to the JETE). The guy is organizational poison. BB thinks he can extract football value from him without the poison breaking out. I think BB is wrong and it's just a matter of time before controversy erupts around Judge.

I think Evan Rothstein is the resident poindexter.

Every time I encounter a reference to Judge I react like Seinfeld hearing "Newman". Man, I wish he was gone (to the JETE). The guy is organizational poison. BB thinks he can extract football value from him without the poison breaking out. I think BB is wrong and it's just a matter of time before controversy erupts around Judge.
I am ok with Judge being the ST co ord. but he seems to be listed as the assnt HC with the defensive staff. I hope his duties are with ST's only, and not the defense (or offense)

I can't even believe this about Judge. Asst. HC!?!? Let's hope his role is assisting in the booth, and he's nowhere near the field.

And why on earth is BB still not picking a DC? Stevie Jr. & Mayo are listed as the exact same thing - LB coach.
So, that's not an issue. Having 2 LB coaches - who happen to be vying for the DC role. Yikes.
I hope this doesn't cause an implosion at some point this year.

I have to (need to) assume its an assistant to the assistant head coach position, right? Don't drool on my clipboard type of position.
I am hoping it's this ^. He's in charge of important stuff like Mideast policy, nuclear disarmament, as well as daily tasks of coffee ***** and assigning who is in charge of GD snacks. Maybe the lunch menu. Otherwise, sit down and STFU. Don't talk to players, at all.

Richard Miller. He's been at it for a couple years now...

453d34946ce519bf3d22f7ec1ad09e00.png

How was he able to be a successful Special Teams coach? Didn't we all think he was good?

Judge is such a trainwreck as a coach, that BB named him Assistant HC.

An OC is only as good as his QB. Cant turn crap into gold.

Why did Belichick name him QB coach last year when he knew less about the position than his second year QB? Why did Belichick put Patricia in charge of the offense when they had to dumb down the offense so he could figure out how to run it? Belichick has a long history especially in recent years of rewarding loyalty.

And if the OC is only as good as his QB, why do teams pay big bucks to get or keep the top OCs in the league to run their offenses? If the OC is only as good as the QB, they could anyone to run the offense. Just keep promoting guys when OCs leave so you can save money. Why did the Pats make such an effort bring back O'Brien if it doesn't matter who is running the offense and the offense is only as good as Mac Jones? They could have just kept Patricia or hired any offensive guy off the street.

Just stop with you irrational ant-Mac BS. The act is tired.

I can't even believe this about Judge. Asst. HC!?!? Let's hope his role is assisting in the booth, and he's nowhere near the field.

And why on earth is BB still not picking a DC? Stevie Jr. & Mayo are listed as the exact same thing - LB coach.
So, that's not an issue. Having 2 LB coaches - who happen to be vying for the DC role. Yikes.
I hope this doesn't cause an implosion at some point this year.

Mayo and Steve Belichick are reportedly still going to split DC duties. Mayo is the guy in the film and meeting room and Steve is calling plays on the field. And I don't think Bill wants to promote Mayo over his son. It isn't a good look for Steve.

Mayo and Steve Belichick are reportedly still going to split DC duties. Mayo is the guy in the film and meeting room and Steve is calling plays on the field. And I don't think Bill wants to promote Mayo over his son. It isn't a good look for Steve.

Interesting. If anything, I think it could be only a win-win for Steve. If he wants to move on, I think most coaches would say "oh he didn't get promoted because his dad is HC and doesn't want to show favoritism"

Now it's "are you really as good as the title suggests? or are you just benefitting from your last name?"

This, of course, is purely a narrative aspect and without regard to actual accomplishment.

Interesting. If anything, I think it could be only a win-win for Steve. If he wants to move on, I think most coaches would say "oh he didn't get promoted because his dad is HC and doesn't want to show favoritism"

Now it's "are you really as good as the title suggests? or are you just benefitting from your last name?"

This, of course, is purely a narrative aspect and without regard to actual accomplishment.

I see it as being seen as Belichick giving Mayo the credit for the defense and Steve could just be a beneficiary of nepotism if Mayo was promoted. The thinking could be that Steve isn't really that good of a coach and Bill is just giving him the limelight to promote him.

I look at it like this: Ultimately it's BBs show and he gets the blame and praise. I had no problem with last year's choices even though in hindsight they were wrong. He fixed the problem by getting rid of Matty P and moving Judge away from the offense. After that I'm not getting caught up on titles. For the most part BB has hired well and let his guys do their thing.

If Mac's abysmal season can be written off due to the joke at OC (and there is merit to this, of course), why couldn't Judge's performance as QB coach be excused as well?

What QB coach was going to overcome the lack of a real OC? If Mac gets a pass, so does Judge.

If Mac's abysmal season can be written off due to the joke at OC (and there is merit to this, of course), why couldn't Judge's performance as QB coach be excused as well?

What QB coach was going to overcome the lack of a real OC? If Mac gets a pass, so does Judge.

I think for that statement to be true, you'd have to discount all of the reports that came out that suggested he could not shut the **** up, pipe down, and get a grip on his attitude. Which has been a reputation following him since like, day 1 of being on the Giants IIRC.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back