PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated cap space for all teams per LaCanfora

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He has NE at $113.156M with $9.518M in cap space remaining. He doesn't list adjusted caps for each team but AdamJT13 said there were and adding these two figures provided seems to indicate that. Ours would appear to be $122,674,900. I do not believe these figures include the potential for $3M in veteran credits because all teams don't add up to $123M. The Eagles are over $125M which is what Peter King indicated in his MMQB a week ago. And LaCanfora lists one team as technically over the cap (Rams) which they can't be so I assume that is before they apply one or more of the credits.

My apologies to Joker in advance if he happens upon this thread and it upsets him.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Updated cap space for all 32 teams «

Last edited:
Some teams have got sh*t loads of space!

They have got some spending to do!

Guess the Jags, Chiefs & Bucs really don't feel like spending this year...

We're in as good shape as any of the contenders. Our roster is set, we need not add anyone save for some depth at S, if necessary. Time to look towards some extensions and helping ourselves out in future cap years.

Surprised the Jets still have money. But there's nobody left to spend it on.

He has NE at $113.156M with $9.518M in cap space remaining. He doesn't list adjusted caps for each team but AdamJT13 said there were and adding these two figures provided seems to indicate that. Ours would appear to be $122,674,900. I do not believe these figures include the potential for $3M in veteran credits because all teams don't add up to $123M. The Eagles are over $125M which is what Peter King indicated in his MMQB a week ago. And LaCanfora lists one team as technically over the cap (Rams) which they can't be so I assume that is before they apply one or more of the credits.

My apologies to Joker in advance if he happens upon this thread and it upsets him.

Nice work mo,thankx.......p.s.don't worry about joker....he's at the hairdressers,getting his annual pre-season frontal lobotomy.:eek:

Do the Bucs ever? With an average of $11 Million per team in space, roughly 10%, don't they have to spend to that 95% figure or is it 98%?????

Last edited:
Wow. It does seem there's a lot more cap room across the board this year. By the way, how do some teams have 20+ million in cap room? I'd think that these teams would be spending like crazy.

We're in as good shape as any of the contenders. Our roster is set, we need not add anyone save for some depth at S, if necessary. Time to look towards some extensions and helping ourselves out in future cap years.

Surprised the Jets still have money. But there's nobody left to spend it on.

The Chiefs at least have met the Cash Cap with signing Tamba Hali to a 5 yr $60M deal with $35M guaranteed. Whatever signing bonus he got this year counts in full to the Cash Cap which is what the league has to meet the 99% requirement rather than be up against the Salary Cap. The Pats are over 100% of the Cash Cap because of Mankins $20M SB and will make up for teams not spending so that the league can get to that 99%.

Can someone who understands it better than I do, please explain to me how teams can be $25 and $30MM under the cap given the new CBA?

Do the Bucs ever? With an average of $11 Million per team in space, roughly 10%, don't they have to spend to that 95% figure or is it 98%?????

That figure has to be met by the end of the league year in Feb. So teams can resign thier own FA during the year and that counts.

KC at least will probably extend Bowe, Carr or Flowers and probably more than one.

I believe teams this year don't have to meet the mim salary floor. I think that rule kicks in at 2013.

Can someone who understands it better than I do, please explain to me how teams can be $25 and $30MM under the cap given the new CBA?

It's still pre-season
And the new CBA uses a LEAGUE average the 1st couple years, not a per team #

Individual team cash floors don't kick in until 2013 (and actually until 2013-2016 are averaged per team so actually 2016). In the meantime they can roll over cap annually without having to engage in contractual baloney by simply notifying the league before the end of the season of any amount of unused cap space they wish to carry forward, while saving cash to spend both when they need to.

For 2011 and 2012 the LEAGUE AS A WHOLE has to spend 99% of the cap in cash. The big cash spenders will carry the minimal cash spenders over that time span. And teams can be spending that cash up until the last week of December and extending their own talent rather than lavishing money on free agents...

As usual, the Pats seemed to work the cap quite well. Bravo to them.

Wow. It does seem there's a lot more cap room across the board this year. By the way, how do some teams have 20+ million in cap room? I'd think that these teams would be spending like crazy.

Don't forget during the uncapped year, that meant no cap floor either, and a lot of teams took advantage of that to shed a lot of salary.

He has NE at $113.156M with $9.518M in cap space remaining. He doesn't list adjusted caps for each team but AdamJT13 said there were and adding these two figures provided seems to indicate that. Ours would appear to be $122,674,900. I do not believe these figures include the potential for $3M in veteran credits because all teams don't add up to $123M. NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Updated cap space for all 32 teams «

Jumping in a bit late here; I assume the 113.156M number is currently Top 51 cap accounting. So assuming the Top 51 all make the team or get IRed, what is the actual "free space" available once #52, #53, and IR replacements, PUPpies and the practice squad are accounted for on the last day of the pre-season.

WAG is 4.5 to 5 million is "uncommitted" and of that "uncommitted" cap space, how much is that is being allocated to NLTBE incentives that are judged by the Pats to be likely earned (to be covered by having an OG sign a contract extension in mid-season with a LTBE incentive of X dollars if he has 50 catches and 8 touchdowns) and how many dollars are allocated to injury replacement OR opportunistic player grabbing?

Miguel estimates the PS at <$900K. Players 52 and 53 are often offset by the difference in salary on players replaced on the 51. We don't know yet what the Pat's adjusted cap # is for sure. Hopefully AdamJT13 will check back in with it eventually. We don't know yet if they will choose to use the $3M in available cap credits. And there is a lot of stuff like this injury settlement that goes on that Miguel may never get exact information on. So it's always really hard to come up with anything more than a best guesstimate in the moment, which is all Miguel ever purports to do.

Teams like to maintain a cushion for in season replacements, but you can create cap space for those as needed in season just as teams do when the need is to get under the cap or to sign a player in the pre season... GM's often have restructure and extension options in discussion stages sitting in their back pocket waiting to pull the trigger at an opportune time.

As for LTBE machinations, the new CBA negates the need to take that approach. Teams can now simply notify the league in writing of any $ amount in remaining cap they wish to carry forward to next season at the end of the season.

Scout.com: Chris Morris Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents