PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Dion Lewis has been IR'd with torn ACL, and will be out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought, don't the Pats have that Joey Isosomethingoranother on their practice squad? Is he a third downish fullback?

I think they should explore all options, including players like Rice. I am not saying they should sign him but someone who is motivated, well-rested, 100% healthy, presumably in shape, willing to play for the minimum, and with something to prove, is worth at least kicking the tires on. Maybe he has nothing left but at least work him out. Yes, he is an awful person but if he could help the team for half a season I say go for it. The guy has at least shown remorse and people can sometimes right the ship. Again, I'm not saying they should sign him;I just wouldn't rule it out entirely.

I think they should explore all options, including players like Rice. I am not saying they should sign him but someone who is motivated, well-rested, 100% healthy, presumably in shape, willing to play for the minimum, and with something to prove, is worth at least kicking the tires on. Maybe he has nothing left but at least work him out. Yes, he is an awful person but if he could help the team for half a season I say go for it. The guy has at least shown remorse and people can sometimes right the ship. Again, I'm not saying they should sign him;I just wouldn't rule it out entirely.

The thing is, he hasn't played in 2 years, and when he did play, he was pretty bad, and looked like he was toast.

2009 Ray Rice isn't the guy you'd be signing.

Like I said before, there are literally 100 guys sitting on their couch right now, who can give you what Ray Rice was giving you when he was last playing. Also, they're not Ray Rice, and don't have that baggage. I don't see why you'd bother, other than to rile up a PR nightmare. The potential return isn't anywhere worth it. His last season (2013) he ran for 3.1 yards/carry. On 214 carries. This was not a small sample size.

I'd puke a few times if we signed Rice. Maybe after that I'd support it, but I doubt it. I want another Super Bowl but I wouldn't sell my soul for it.

Time to sign Montee Ball and use him to beat the Broncos.

I'd puke a few times if we signed Rice. Maybe after that I'd support it, but I doubt it. I want another Super Bowl but I wouldn't sell my soul for it.

I would look at archer before bringing in a guy like rice.

The team has enough RB depth on the roster and the PS. Better to add another OL or CB than waste the spot on another RB. If there's any need to add another RB the best option would be to resign Cadet. He already has familiarity, anybody who doesn't will have a steep learning curve. Not worth it to sign some street RB who isn't likely to be a contributor.

If the Patriots were to sign a character like Ray Rice or Hardy, I wouldn't stop rooting for the Patriots, but I would ABSOLUTELY be pissed and wish for the worst for the player.

That would be ridiculous of you. You would, effectively, be rooting against your own team.

Last edited:
If there's any need to add another RB the best option would be to resign Cadet. He already has familiarity, anybody who doesn't will have a steep learning curve. Not worth it to sign some street RB who isn't likely to be a contributor.

49ers

Former (and possibly future) Patriots RB Travaris Cadet reaches out to Dion Lewis wishing him the best.

The thing is, he hasn't played in 2 years, and when he did play, he was pretty bad, and looked like he was toast.

2009 Ray Rice isn't the guy you'd be signing.

Like I said before, there are literally 100 guys sitting on their couch right now, who can give you what Ray Rice was giving you when he was last playing. Also, they're not Ray Rice, and don't have that baggage. I don't see why you'd bother, other than to rile up a PR nightmare. The potential return isn't anywhere worth it. His last season (2013) he ran for 3.1 yards/carry. On 214 carries. This was not a small sample size.

Not to mention the fact that many fans continue to overlook the complexity of the offensive scheme, in terms of trying to pick it up as an outsider.

Even an experienced veteran like Austin Collie was coming in at 5am and leaving last, and that went on for about 6 weeks before he started to feel any comfort. Even then, the only reason he saw the field was due to a lack of other options.

An outside RB would start with knowing our protection looks and blitz pickup responsibilities, including all audibles and checks. I just don't think it's realistic at this point in the season. It would likely be one of the RBs with previous/current knowledge of our system, which include active roster, PS, and even candidates such as Travaris Cadet.

Random thought, don't the Pats have that Joey Isosomethingoranother on their practice squad?

Bought his jersey on the first day, bruh.

The last name on the back literally wraps around under both arm pits.

Did you cheer for Corey Dillon? Not a gotcha or trying to be judgmental or anything, I just find it odd that a light switch apparently flipped at the precise moment that the Rice video came out. There are plenty of players in the league to this day who are celebrated and openly cheered despite doing things just as bad as Rice. It just so happens that, because they did it prior to the Rice video, nobody cares.
It's a great question.

I was aware of Dillon's DV issue and did cheer for him.

I think it has more to do with my daughters being older and their awareness of the issue and them being more aware of what I do/say.

That also was 10 years ago and I've changed a little as a person too.

So a combination of factors I guess....

Last edited:
The team has enough RB depth on the roster and the PS. Better to add another OL or CB than waste the spot on another RB. If there's any need to add another RB the best option would be to resign Cadet. He already has familiarity, anybody who doesn't will have a steep learning curve. Not worth it to sign some street RB who isn't likely to be a contributor.
3 healthy RBs is way too thin. Need at least 4 for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST