PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Dion Lewis has been IR'd with torn ACL, and will be out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
bertrand doing his best felger and mazz take on this one

"the offense is stoppable without Lewis"

Yes because they didn't put up 30 points on the jets without him.
Bertrand is getting more like felger every day. And of course he's paired with zolak, bless his heart is dumb as a pail of rocks and never calls him out in an intelligent manner.

"Raiders fans"??? No need to resort to slander. ;) Archer isn't just some track star or Combine phenom, his college highlights were absolutely electric. College production: over 3,500 yards from scrimmage, 39 touchdowns, averages of 7.2 yds/carry, 12.1 yds/catch, 28.2 yards/kick return.

It's now pretty clear that Archer's frame is too slight for the NFL. But there's more to the dream than just stopwatch speed.

I was answering another poster why people was high at him. You know like I do, 90% of Patfans doesnt have a clue what Archer did in college etc - But they can see a 40 time etc and its great :rolleyes:

As you point out, the number there should scare the hell out of people, is the weight on 170 :eek: - I know he was fine in college, I know he had a fine combine :cool:

But I also know he's fumble rate is close to every 4 game, looseing it every 5 game ;) So IF Pats signed him, he would either be hurt OR in the dog house :mad:

:( This article claims that most NFL athletes do not fully regain their performance after recovering from torn ACL injuries

Why Are Professional Athletes Able to Return from ACL Surgery Sooner Than Me?

interesting article for sure, but the performance data is from '98-'02, i'd like to think the medical industry has improved dramatically in the last 15 years.

as others have pointed out, AP, gronk, and many other players look like they havent missed a beat.

interesting article for sure, but the performance data is from '98-'02, i'd like to think the medical industry has improved dramatically in the last 15 years.

as others have pointed out, AP, gronk, and many other players look like they havent missed a beat.

Some players, like 38 year old QBs get better ;)

The question I have, is whether Lewis will be able to recover effectively enough to retain his explosiveness and speed?
The vast majority of athletes these days recover everything they had before. Years ago Tommy John surgery was a career ender for pitchers. Now, most come back stronger and more durable. Medical progress and advancement, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back