PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Dion Lewis has been IR'd with torn ACL, and will be out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not. I do not consider it a slope rather a limit to what I'm willing to accept. Wife and child abusers are not something I'm willing to accept.

And something else is not what another person is willing to accept plus, once you get your way on one 'crime', you'll stretch it for another, no matter how much you insist you won't. We see it time and time again. Hell, in just these cases, we see the punishment getting jacked up because people start *****ing that X number of games + Y dollars is still not enough. It's human nature, and it's why this stuff should never fall under league control.

In the meantime, you're not going to quit following the team if Rice is signed, and Rice wouldn't be the first Patriots player known to have put his hands on a woman, so I'm not sure what your willingness to accept has to do with anything.

Last edited:
How do you know it was an isolated incident?
I certainly don't; what I meant was that he was by all accounts a fine person with no off field issues prior to this issue. Versus some other players who have had a bad reputation and go on to do bad things.

This doesn't really mean anything ultimately - Hernandez was a great teammate up until it was revealed he killed a guy - but the point I'm trying to make is that Rice at least doesn't bring his bad behavior into the locker room or on the field, a la Greg Hardy. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm mostly going off of memory.

People deserve a second chance. What rice did was awful but his college sweetheart's still with him. He has been a year away from football. Hardy's still playing and that dude hasn't showed any remorse.

And something else is not what another person is willing to accept plus, once you get your way on one 'crime', you'll stretch it for another, no matter how much you insist you won't. We see it time and time again. Hell, in just these cases, we see the punishment getting jacked up because people start *****ing that X number of games + Y dollars is still not enough. It's human nature, and it's why this stuff should never fall under league control.

In the meantime, you're not going to quit following the team if Rice is signed, and Rice wouldn't be the first Patriots player known to have put his hands on a woman, so I'm not sure what your willingness to accept has to do with anything.

Good points. My approval and disapproval of a criminal usually depends on if there is a victim involved. Someone who is self destructive is a lot easier to accept than those that hurt others. You smoke pot, drink, gamble etc... you hurt yourself but if you are beating women/children, rape, murder etc..its another thing.

The only victimless crime I can think of is driving while intoxicated which puts other lives in danger.

You're right in that I would not stop watching the team but I would root for him to fail however.

People deserve a second chance. What rice did was awful but his college sweetheart's still with him. He has been a year away from football. Hardy's still playing and that dude hasn't showed any remorse.
It's the NFL. You get second chances if you can play.

Ray Rice was toast before any of this even happened.

It's already been mentioned. The ravens where awful and had a terrible offensive line in 2013. I think he can still play
I just remember watching him and thinking he was done. It seemed like he was running through cement.

No I'm not. I do not consider it a slope rather a limit to what I'm willing to accept. Wife and child abusers are not something I'm willing to accept.

You are correct. That it is a continuous gradient doesn't mean you can't arbitrarily set a tolerance point.

It hurts even more watching Fanny Woodhead on MNF now with this news, especially after the trade deadline.
Dosent matter. He would not be coming here. Chargers would not trade him and if they did they would want a lot for him, particularly from an AFC rival who they thought was desperate.

I just remember watching him and thinking he was done. It seemed like he was running through cement.

I don't think u lose it that quickly. The ravens where terrible in 2013. Flacco was sacked 48 times. Like someone mentioned, he had come off a year when he averaged 4.4 yards per carry.

It's the NFL. You get second chances if you can play.

Ray Rice was toast before any of this even happened.

Did u watch the 2013 rats season? They where a mediocre team.

The way that Dion cuts so hard when he runs and switches direction on a dime is what makes him special and exciting but is also what led to this injury. It's such a bummer losing a weapon like Dion.

I still would take a look at archer. Doesn't hurt to try.

The loss of Dion isn't just merely the statistical contribution he makes. Those yards/TDs will be made up by others I have no doubt. Far more important was his presence on the field, whether he was involved in a play or not. He could have had nothing to do with the play, not being targeted or running a route to nowhere. But the opposing defense ALWAYS had to account for him. He was enough of a threat that opposing defenses had to spend part of the week game planning for him. So by virtue of just being on the field it forces the defense to focus on him at the expense of being able to focus more on Edelman or Gronk or being able to rush extra at Brady. So forget the yards, touchdowns, and missed tackles. Its his very absence from the field that is the largest blow.

The loss of Dion isn't just merely the statistical contribution he makes. Those yards/TDs will be made up by others I have no doubt. Far more important was his presence on the field, whether he was involved in a play or not. He could have had nothing to do with the play, not being targeted or running a route to nowhere. But the opposing defense ALWAYS had to account for him. He was enough of a threat that opposing defenses had to spend part of the week game planning for him. So by virtue of just being on the field it forces the defense to focus on him at the expense of being able to focus more on Edelman or Gronk or being able to rush extra at Brady. So forget the yards, touchdowns, and missed tackles. Its his very absence from the field that is the largest blow.

I wonder if his absence will put more pressure on the Oline. Brady his been getting rid of the ball so quickly that the pass rush has not been able to get to him but without Lewis I wonder if Brady's release time will slow enough to cause a problem.

I wonder if his absence will put more pressure on the Oline. Brady his been getting rid of the ball so quickly that the pass rush has not been able to get to him but without Lewis I wonder if Brady's release time will slow enough to cause a problem.

U hope the o line will get healthy soon. I still feel that stork at center makes this line stronger.

Did u watch the 2013 rats season? They where a mediocre team.

And the fact that Ray Rice was a below average RB, and was taking up a good portion of their cap, was a big reason as to why they were mediocre. It's not like they blew the team up and brought in all sorts of free agents last year on that line....when Justin Forsett ran for 1200 yards last year.

And the fact that Ray Rice was a below average RB, and was taking up a good portion of their cap, was a big reason as to why they were mediocre. It's not like they blew the team up and brought in all sorts of free agents last year on that line....when Justin Forsett ran for 1200 yards last year.

He played with a hip injury. That rats offensive line was terrible. No running back can produce with a crappy offensive line unless your name's barry sanders

If the Patriots were to sign a character like Ray Rice or Hardy, I wouldn't stop rooting for the Patriots, but I would ABSOLUTELY be pissed and wish for the worst for the player.

My personal opinion: Any man who attacks a woman or child looses any respect or mercy. I'd be a happy man if every woman/child that has ever been attacked had the right and will to put a bullet between the eyes of their attacker. YES, I do not think Hardy is worth the air he breaths. He contributes NEGATIVELY to society. There are over 6 billion people on this planet. The world would be better without him. I normally do not wish injury or harm on people, but for those that cross the line, they're existence should be deleted. Period. I only wish I had the balls to pull the trigger on these motherf*ckers.

You do NOT attack a defenseless person. If you do... you better be prepared for the consequences...

He played with a hip injury. That rats offensive line was terrible. No running back can produce with a crappy offensive line unless your name's barry sanders
...or Justin Forsett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference