PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** (Un)official Patriots v. Chiefs game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dougkyed
Justin Coleman has been targeted three times. No catches allowed.

Such an underrated injury admist the injury barrage during the season.

Fouts has been HORRIBLE today. I wish there was an option to just hear the stadium/field/crowd noise.

I never really liked him cause he'd always say dumb things and constantly mix up players, but he was actually decent for a small stretch of games over the last 2 years. However the last couple of Pats games he's done (including this one) have been terrible.

He has not been perfect but it is hard to complain about our CBs when Smith has what? 75 yards?
They've been bad on 3rd down though.

Cannot imagine a QB that plays with as much talent and heart as #12... he wants this game.

Our D is playing pretty good also..

For all you guys saying the announcers suck....ummm your 100% right, could New England do anything more wrong, or the chiefs do anything more right? So am I the only one that seen when Brady scored the rushing TD #90's helmet hit Brady's? Is that not a penalty?
That was 27, I think, who came in for the helmet to helmet missile hit.

Is it just me or do our D linemen get held on every play?? When the Pats Olinemen so much as touch a D lineman anywhere near their head, "illegal touch"!!! I really try to be unbiased, but damn!!! Am I wrong here, or just drinking the Koolaid? o_O

D overall has done very well.. Given bad field position they have allowed only 6 points. If the Pats get 1 more TD they might have this locked up.

He has not been perfect but it is hard to complain about our CBs when Smith has what? 75 yards?
True, I was shocked to see that #, it honestly felt like alot more to me.

the game has passed fouts by
I loved watching his long ball back in the day... I feel bad listening to him chip away at my good memories....

Aside from comments here criticizing the D, they had a good half. Only comment is I don't see a lot of pressure on Smith but it may be by design, stop their run, force him to pass..

Clearly by design. Just look at BB on that 3rd down there. Was waving everyone to get back. Contain Smith from escaping pressure and make him beat you with his arm. There was 2 or 3 times in that half guys ran sideways instead of up when Smith started to scramble and he was forced to throw it away.

It's going to be up to Alex Smith to beat us and anyone with an IQ over the level of a houseplant knows that simply isn't going to happen. Well played BB, well played.

D overall has done very well.. Given bad field position they have allowed only 6 points. If the Pats get 1 more TD they might have this locked up.

Agreed, after the first 2 drives this team hs settled in and battled better on 3rd down. Get the stop coming up and that will be huge.

First half thoughts:

• D has played excellently. Not perfect: One long reception leading to a FG; one drive leading to a FG; nothing special on field position; breakdowns on individual plays. Still, that's an excellent result.
  • Kick/punt coverage is a worry. What is it w/ STs this year???
  • No run blocking to speak of, and Edelman has the dropsies. Both were predictable. O has still been good.
  • Happy to not see PI calls.
  • Amendola really wants to hit people, whether it's that punt play or the catch on which he stayed inbounds and lowered his shoulder.
  • People who criticize Brady's toughness are idiots or trolls.

This has been a problem for belichick since he came here....QB can stand back there and make a sandwich with BB.....seriously when is LAST TIME we had a pass rush?!

Often this is a strategic choice.

Particularly when a mobile qb can hurt you more with his feet than his arm.

Hmmmm. Sounds familiar- attributes of qb alex smith for 100, Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes