PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Old Drunks Scoffing At TB12's Nutritional Regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudo's to Brady. Anything he can do to help curb the obesity problem is great news.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2323411

I eat clean and follow a strict diet where I eat in 3's (protein/fat/carb) 5-6 times a day. This allows me to balance my glucose:ketone blood ratio so that I maintain homeostasis. I look healthy, feel healthy and (knock on wood) am healthy as a result.

I think the title of this post is a bit misleading. I listened to the interview. Minihan went after Brady hard over Alex Guerrero's claims that he could cure cancer and his past troubles with the FTC. He wanted to understand if Brady knew about Guerrero's past before he started TB12 and how he justifies his relationship with him given his shady past. None of them attacked Brady over his training or nutritional regimen.

You didn't listen to the whole interview then.

They were full snark about his statements regarding Coca Cola and Frosted Flakes. They also weren't buying the general nutrition angle. They were not attacking Brady over his regimen, just laughed off the whole junk foods are bad for you stuff.

Exercise, complex carbs, lean protein, veggies, a cheat day a week, and don't eat after 8pm. I lost 90 pounds doing that and have kept it off continuing that.

Not rocket science. But that doesn't make it easy.

I haven't read the Boston Magazine article, but evidently it centers on the understandable problem one might have if this Guerrroro character 1) passed himself off in public as an M.D. and 2) claimed his good nutrition regimen cured cancer.

As the AMA will tell you, there are 3 ways to deal with cancer- (1) cut it out (surgery); (2) burn it out (radiation); and/or (3) poison it out (chemo).

Any suggestion of prevention through nutrition or any treatment that they can't bill for will not be tolerated.:rolleyes:

Evidently Tomase created the wording for the poll:

Did Tom Brady go too far in Monday's discussion about healthy living?

• No, he's absolutely right to defend a cause in which he believes (90%, 422 Votes)

• I don't know, but why isn't Frosted Flakes a real food? (7%, 33 Votes)

• Yes, comments like calling Coca-Cola 'poison for kids' crosses the line (3%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 470

Assclowns on parade, already falling in the ratings they want to fall into the abyss.. anything that has Tomase/Tanguay involvement has to be toxic...

.....and toxins are bad for the body.

I know that one!!!!!!

I don't think anyone, including the radio guys, are trying to say that Brady's current nutritional and fitness regimen is counterproductive. Everything Brady said about being proactive about your health instead of reactive, not drinking soda, eating vegetables or taking nutritional supplements, hydrating, yoga and massage, etc. -- all of that is great and it's great that Brady is doing it, and Brady is correct in that not doing that stuff leads to high levels of disease in our country.

The main problem that I, and the radio hosts have, is that this guy Guerrero has a terrible past where he claimed to have a supplement that cures cancer and AIDS, which is an outright falsehood and is dangerous because it encourages patients suffering from those diseases to take the supplement in lieu of getting real treatment.

So regardless of how much we love Brady and don't like the radio guys, it is absolutely fair to question why he would go into business with someone who has that past. Maybe the answer is that Guerrero learned from his mistakes and has changed his tune; maybe the answer is that Guerrero is an expert on nutrition and as long as he focuses on that and not claiming that he has a cure for cancer, then everything is fine; or maybe there are other reasons that we just don't know because we aren't privy to their relationship.

However, until we have a clear answer, it's a great question and Brady should be clear about how he reconciles Guerrero's past with current role in his life (he was pretty evasive in the interview) especially if he wants to promote TB12 as a business for the public. Personally I am concerned that if Guerrero has this checkered past, then he might take some ethical shortcuts with the supplements he gives to our QB and that could land Brady on a PED list and get him suspended. Hopefully they are being very careful about that sort of thing.

You didn't listen to the whole interview then.

They were full snark about his statements regarding Coca Cola and Frosted Flakes. They also weren't buying the general nutrition angle. They were not attacking Brady over his regimen, just laughed off the whole junk foods are bad for you stuff.
I did listen to the whole 41 minute podcast but I never felt that they were mocking Brady personally. Did you?

Exercise, complex carbs, lean protein, veggies, a cheat day a week, and don't eat after 8pm. I lost 90 pounds doing that and have kept it off continuing that.

Not rocket science. But that doesn't make it easy.

I'm struggling with the discipline on the food angle, but have been enjoying success with upping my water intake to 100+ ounces per day and buying a home infrared (low emf) sauna. They are not as expensive as you might think. I've had it 1.5 years and it's really awesome. I have more energy and the 35 minutes per night I spend in the sauna are great meditation times.

I try to keep my carbs limited and healthy…..healthy starches, vegetables and the like. That discipline is tough. I also do like carbonated beverages but I stick to kombucha. I don't miss soft drinks at all.

He comes off a bit like a scientologist I hate to say. :eek:

There's a lot to be said for preventative principles, like working the core muscles to prevent future injury, eating healthy, sleeping well.

That's all very sane, sound advice.

Then we have things like

"So much of my diet is based on an acid-alkaline principle, which to me does reduce inflammation in my body."

Ummm...sorry, but...no, that's pseudoscientific bs.

I love TFB, but a scientist he is not. o_O

The high water stuff is also not supported by the evidence....
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/upshot/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day.html

Though athletes do have much higher hydration needs than more sedentary folks, so that's fine if people like him drink a lot of water, to suggest it is some general principal for general health even for schlubs like us has been refuted a few times now.

If you think you lost weight by drinking a lot of water, then maybe you partly did, because your body was tricked into thinking you were full b/c pressure receptors were activated in your stomach lining.

Last edited:
I have more energy and the 35 minutes per night I spend in the sauna are great meditation times.

I initially misread this with a different "m" word, though I suppose it probably works well for that, too. :)

Any chance Brady can get influence Chara .... Seidenberg .... and Krecji ???

yeah?...well he's no door knob either....

MTE5NTU2MzE2NDczODIwNjgz.jpg

I agree with a lot of what he said too: coke, frosted flakes, these are really horrible.

"So much of my diet is based on an acid-alkaline principle, which to me does reduce inflammation in my body."

Yeah, I was on a carb-restriction diet a few years ago and my "coach" tried to convince me that "lowering my pH" would be good...I think she meant that it would be better to raise it as lower means more acidic. Anywho, human blood only varies from about 7.35-7.45, so I don't see much room for movement there.

Anywho, human blood only varies from about 7.35-7.45, so I don't see much room for movement there.

Disagree. The time I was stopped for speeding in my garage, the cop checked my alcohol..and found it contained 2% blood!...rimshot after rimshot...thank you, I'm here all week....try the stuffed pork chops..

There's a lot to be said for preventative principles, like working the core muscles to prevent future injury, eating healthy, sleeping well.

That's all very sane, sound advice.

Then we have things like

The high water stuff is also not supported by the evidence....
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/upshot/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day.html

Though athletes do have much higher hydration needs than more sedentary folks, so that's fine if people like him drink a lot of water, to suggest it is some general principal for general health even for schlubs like us has been refuted a few times now.

If you think you lost weight by drinking a lot of water, then maybe you partly did, because your body was tricked into thinking you were full b/c pressure receptors were activated in your stomach lining.

Nutritional/medical 'science' has been proven wrong again and again, and is often in absolute conflict with itself.

Maybe, but over the last 11 years we have solid evidence from a real life experiment that validates Tom’s beliefs:

Guinea pig: Tom Brady.

Control Group: Peyton Manning.

I think that we all can agree to skip over the findings and go straight to the conclusion:

I’ll have whatever he’s having…

Last edited:
So regardless of how much we love Brady and don't like the radio guys, it is absolutely fair to question why he would go into business with someone who has that past. Maybe the answer is that Guerrero learned from his mistakes and has changed his tune; maybe the answer is that Guerrero is an expert on nutrition and as long as he focuses on that and not claiming that he has a cure for cancer, then everything is fine; or maybe there are other reasons that we just don't know because we aren't privy to their relationship.

However, until we have a clear answer, it's a great question and Brady should be clear about how he reconciles Guerrero's past with current role in his life (he was pretty evasive in the interview) especially if he wants to promote TB12 as a business for the public. Personally I am concerned that if Guerrero has this checkered past, then he might take some ethical shortcuts with the supplements he gives to our QB and that could land Brady on a PED list and get him suspended. Hopefully they are being very careful about that sort of thing.

Yes, exactly. The guys on WEEI may be the biggest a-holes ever, but Minihan's questions about Guerrero were not unfair. Like many of us, they wonder why a guy like Tom Brady associates himself with a guy like Guerrero.

The only way I can reconcile it is that both things may be true.. Guerrero was a shady character in the past and he has absolutely helped Brady extend his career through eastern medicine principles. If that's what Brady believes, he should say so. There is nothing wrong in saying that Guerrero made a lot of mistakes in the past and he has learned from them and he is now completely focused on building TB12 to become [fill in the blank].

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST