PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Canin

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I'm concerned Brady was hurt on the Hardy tackle. The reasons for my concern are these:
  1. The tackle looked like it would injure a player, particularly a 38 year old man.
  2. I don't think Brady did much after the play.
  3. I heard tension in Brady's voice in post-game interviews, a tension that is often an effect of dealing with pain. I noticed this in Brady's post-game interview and in his long interview on WEEI, http://media.weei.com/a/109974676/tom-brady-defends-alex-guerrero-10-12-15.htm .

He is probably a little stiff, battered and bruised. Hopefully that's the extent and not something like cracked ribs.

Yeah, definitely I'm worried, last thing he needs is to be nursing a cracked rib. Anyone have video of the shot?

Im concerned too but not because of any perceived tension in his voice. That's just silly.

That being said Brady played with broken ribs in 2009 and we didn't find out until after the season. Never missed a practice or a media appearance.

So again, I'm worried because of the limping up the field after the play. That's something definitive you can look at and be concerned about. He also did not throw a pass for the rest of the game. We were running out the clock so he didn't need to, but was that the extent of it or was he banged up? That's another thing you can look at and be concerned about. But you can't read into his voice, that tells you absolutely nothing.

We've seen him get hit pretty hard and bounce back up like nothing happened. He was wincing after that one however.

He said on the radio this morning he's fine. He elaborated about how his training regimen is designed to minimize the damage from such hits. I'm guessing he's fine.

I'm concerned Brady was hurt on the Hardy tackle. The reasons for my concern are these:
  1. The tackle looked like it would injure a player, particularly a 38 year old man.
  2. I don't think Brady did much after the play.
  3. I heard tension in Brady's voice in post-game interviews, a tension that is often an effect of dealing with pain. I noticed this in Brady's post-game interview and in his long interview on WEEI, http://media.weei.com/a/109974676/tom-brady-defends-alex-guerrero-10-12-15.htm .

wut

If he was legitimately hurt he would not be talking to the media the day after a game.

This. He wouldn't really be talking...but the pats love to disguise injuries...so it's a backwards world. But he looked fine...sore..probably very

He will be sore like hell, 15 mins in ice tube.:D

Im concerned too but not because of any perceived tension in his voice. That's just silly.
Do you believe it's silly because (a) Brady's voice is not evincing tension or (b) tension in a voice is not indicative of pain?

If (a), I concede it is possible I am mis-hearing it.

If (b), true, there are other causes for that kind of tension in a voice. Maybe Brady is upset by other things. Maybe he has pain not from the injury.

However, you must concede that significant pain does affect a person's voice (well, you don't have to concede it, but it is factually true). So tension in a voice is not proof of pain, but it is evidence of pain.

One more thing. Brady is rightly proud of his physical resilience and mental toughness. But it is an inexorable and undeniable fact that applies to all human beings: as we get closer to middle age, we simply don't have that physical resilience we had when we were younger. We might feel "young" in some sense, but at some point, the human body just does not recover from insult like it once did. This is no animadversion directed at any mental resilience of Brady, simply a biological fact, one which no regimen of diet or supplements or working out or anything else can avoid.

Guerrero and some avocado ice cream and he's good to go...

Hardy put a beat down on him as though Brady were his fiancé.

as we get closer to middle age, we simply don't have that physical resilience we had when we were younger. We might feel "young" in some sense, but at some point, the human body just does not recover from insult like it once did. This is no animadversion directed at any mental resilience of Brady, simply a biological fact, one which no regimen of diet or supplements or working out or anything else can avoid.

You seem to be conflating two things that I suspect are rather different physiologically -- how easily we get injured and how quickly we recover from any injuries we have. The former seems to relate to general fitness, stiffness, balance, etc. Those are of course correlated with age, but if somebody is "athletically young", then they should be young against risk of injury as well.

Speed of recovery is, I think, pretty directly a function of age, but it does not follow that an older guy who takes a hard hit will necessarily be more shaken up by it than a younger guy. It's likely, because just about all athletic and physiological capabilities diminish with age, but it's not a given. I'm more likely to strain a muscle than a much fitter guy 20 years older than me. But if he and I both strain muscles, I suspect that mine might heal faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes