PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, looks like Ware may be out for 2 weeks.

Two things of which I am sure:
1 yes he didn't look right to me walking off the field after the hit

2 the only way we'll ever know if he is seriously injured will be if he doesn't play on Sunday. Anything the team says is meaningless.

I don't think he threw another pass after that vicious hit, which is his point. I don't know that for a fact, but he certainly did very little compared to past games at the end.

That said, I do agree that this negative speculation is ridiculous. We don't need more stuff to worry about based on someone's hunch about tension in his voice.

He took a really tough hit, then got up gimpy. That's all we know, so I'm taking the no news is good news approach. He seemed to be in decent spirits on the sideline and after the game.

The next three plays after that hit were passes by Brady even though the Pats were up 27-6 late in the fourth.

I'm concerned Brady was hurt on the Hardy tackle. The reasons for my concern are these:
  1. The tackle looked like it would injure a player, particularly a 38 year old man.
  2. I don't think Brady did much after the play.
  3. I heard tension in Brady's voice in post-game interviews, a tension that is often an effect of dealing with pain. I noticed this in Brady's post-game interview and in his long interview on WEEI, http://media.weei.com/a/109974676/tom-brady-defends-alex-guerrero-10-12-15.htm .

There's ZERO evidence of it after the game.

In fact, I think Slater @ 0:43 and McDaniels @ 0:55 hurts his back even more.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/10/12/inside-winning-locker-room-dallas

Last edited:
Do you believe it's silly because (a) Brady's voice is not evincing tension or (b) tension in a voice is not indicative of pain?

If (a), I concede it is possible I am mis-hearing it.

If (b), true, there are other causes for that kind of tension in a voice. Maybe Brady is upset by other things. Maybe he has pain not from the injury.

However, you must concede that significant pain does affect a person's voice (well, you don't have to concede it, but it is factually true). So tension in a voice is not proof of pain, but it is evidence of pain.

One more thing. Brady is rightly proud of his physical resilience and mental toughness. But it is an inexorable and undeniable fact that applies to all human beings: as we get closer to middle age, we simply don't have that physical resilience we had when we were younger. We might feel "young" in some sense, but at some point, the human body just does not recover from insult like it once did. This is no animadversion directed at any mental resilience of Brady, simply a biological fact, one which no regimen of diet or supplements or working out or anything else can avoid.

I think you're over-analyzing the situation....like way over.

If he's hurt, we'll find out...simple as that. Why try to guess? That makes no sense....

CRMxCfNVAAARdw5.jpg

Not only is Brady obviously injured, I think that Edelman is turning Japanese.
Julian+Edelman.jpg

Brady is tough but Hardy played clean, we have to give him that, if he wanted he had plenty of opportunities to land a cheap shot on Brady.
I must slightly disagree. There was one play where it looked like Hardy put a bit more force into it as Brady was going down. Even Zo talked about how he felt it was deliberate in an attempt to hurt the right shoulder. Now, I would not argue with anyone who says I'm just saying that. I've asked myself the same thing. But I really do believe he put a little extra "weight" into it on the way down on the particular play. Other than that, I'd say he more-or-less kept it clean.

I read an article last night from someone in the locker room who claimed that he looked like a GQ model getting ready for a runway appearance, smiling and laughing, while meticulously putting on his suit for the presser, etc.

Compared to someone his age like Manning, who a recent article revealed needs assistance in getting his cleats and shoulder pads off after the game, while groaning in pain

If Brady can avoid serious injury, I'm starting to believe he can play to 45 years old, and might pass Manning for all time TDs and maybe yards

I think he's OK.

Brady Terminator.jpg

Actually seeing him exhibit pain in any way is so rare that after that hit I was VERY worried. But I think it's clear that he is fine now. Sure a little banged up, sore and bruised but overall fine.

I'm more concerned with the amount of hard hits he took in that game being the norm going forward. They did a good job of adjusting to it so lets hope it was just a bump in the road. Great defensive game plan by Dallas to begin that game.

People seeing what they want to see. Really his voice is proof?

He is a football player, he is allowed to get hit.

Brady is a tough SOB, our tough SOB.

Probably a bit bruised but recovery time based on his day to day hippie regime will mend himself faster than most.

I did not the the same injury vibe from the inflection of his voice. However, his body language was pretty clear..... He hates his coach. Seriously... Look it up. ;)

I think Brady is fine. Anyone having a 275# guy land on top of you is gonna feel it for a bit. He'll be sore, probably bruised but he looked fine chest-bumping Edleperson on the sidelines after the play.

I also heard a very faint fart released during his postgame presser. He must have IBS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back