PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Old Drunks Scoffing At TB12's Nutritional Regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the program director at WEEI about this, not sure if I will get a response.. however found the schtick of Tanguay and Tomase really over the edge.. my wife was out and about and she could not believe the vitriol by those two idiots..

If I get a response will post it.. sports radio is getting more and more dead to me..

I get all my nutritional advice from John Tomase.

Ooof, I just fell off my chair.

As a fortysomething woman (I never reveal my age), I can tell you that nutrition is VERY IMPORTANT as you age. I don't know what his exact diet is, but I do know that as I got older, I started to eat better. I don't eat out at all. I cook everything myself. It's made a difference in my overall health. As you age, you have to take better care of your health. It's that simple. What Brady is talking about is not magic. It's a commitment to watch what you eat. I do that everyday.
I look younger than I really am. It's amazing and irritating at the same time.

It explains why I am a 20-something year old woman and feel like absolute crap, just miserable, unless the Pats are playing, every day. I do exercise, but due to schedule restraints, I just don't have time to cook. I do McDonalds and water, every day. I'm actually watching my calories on the Fitnesspal app that I'm obsessed with, so that's one meal a day and some good old snacks. I do want to improve though. No high fructose or GMOs. I don't want to do the whole raw food diet because it tends to make people look very boney and older than their actual years in the face. Brady actually looks that way during the season, so I can tell his diet is something related to that. Girls at my gym, mostly vegans have the same appearance. Not a good look in my opinion but they are doing better than me in terms of health. Most 18 year olds mistake me for being their age, so I think I'm aging on the outside pretty good, at least. My insides probably suck.

I emailed the program director at WEEI about this, not sure if I will get a response.. however found the schtick of Tanguay and Tomase really over the edge.. my wife was out and about and she could not believe the vitriol by those two idiots..

If I get a response will post it.. sports radio is getting more and more dead to me..

Tanguay is always saying something stupid, right? I couldnt bear him during the deflategate nonsense.

I don't live in Mass, so I try to listen to them on the WEEI app when I'm heading to class in the mornings. It seems like I am among the minority that actually like Dennis & Callahan.

There have been some very interesting dietary and scientific developments in the last few years. There are over 400 labs now working on aging issues while there were just a handful 15 years ago. Some of the mor interesting developments have been

This supplement backed and endorsed by a bunch of Nobel prize winners http://www.elysiumhealth.com/
I use this and it has helped me. It is based on some work at Harvard that 2 year old mice (60 in human terms) given large quantities of it ingredient, had cells that looked and worked like 6 month old mice (20 years old).

Replacement eye lens that will give you perfect vision for the rest of your life http://www.businessinsider.com/ocumetics-bionic-lens-perfect-vision-at-every-age-2015-5

Provigle / Modafinil is interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

In the area of Alzheimer's, ultra sonic treatments sounds interesting "While the approach has only been tested in mice, researchers said on Wednesday it proved surprisingly good at clearing tangles of plaques linked to Alzheimer’s in the animals’ brains and improving their memory, as measured by tests such as navigating a maze." http://www.theguardian.com/society/...ltrasound-successfully-treats-disease-in-mice.

I think lifespans can be increased but it is important that the quality of life in the elderly improve vs just lifespan.

There is a forum dedicated to the entire area if you are interested http://www.longecity.org/forum

Awesome, another fire is lit under Brady's ass. It is never going to stop, I'm starting to think Brady is going to end up with 6-7 rings when their second dynasty is over and both he and Belichick eventually retire.

I think the title of this post is a bit misleading. I listened to the interview. Minihan went after Brady hard over Alex Guerrero's claims that he could cure cancer and his past troubles with the FTC. He wanted to understand if Brady knew about Guerrero's past before he started TB12 and how he justifies his relationship with him given his shady past. None of them attacked Brady over his training or nutritional regimen.

There is totally validity in what Brady is saying. I know this is incredibly shocking to hear but eating cruciferous vegetables is good for you. A lot of evidence towards it is completely anecdotal but it is there and palpable. Going more into the organic, green, plant-based diet and augmenting that with fish, meat, and nuts 95% of the population will see noticeable improvement in cognitive ability in addition to look and athletic performance. Athletes especially will notice it. Inflammation reduction, gut bacteria, alkaline/acid balance, all that stuff really does work when it's applied. It legitimately upsets me when people scoff and laugh at it because the difference in performance is insane.

From my personal experience I was on a meathead a bodybuilder style macro based diet and hitting caloric numbers. I built myself to a point where I could train (hard) about six times per week. I would still be absolutely wrecked with soreness and spend about an hour a week doing myofascial release, self massage, light lifting the sore areas, etc...just to be able to hit the routine again the following week. I had an athletic competition on the horizon and my performance was plateaued. I listened to a guy who is essentially a weight cut and nutrition coach who was strongly advocating going more down the hippie type road of hyper-clean, organic foods and essentially bags of greens each day. Three weeks after having chia pudding and blueberries for breakfast, wild caught fish, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and choking down spinach, chard, and kale shakes my soreness went away, performance went through the roof, I could go ten hard sessions a week, mood went way up, cardio became infinite, skin got complimented, essentially everything went through the roof. I had to weigh 145 pounds for about ten minutes for the competition and was walking around three weeks out at 168 with single digit body fat. That's a lot of weight to suck out and not a lot of fat to do it with. The dehydration cut went swimmingly, I bounded to the scale, other guy shuffled and looked like pure death.

Clean, organic, wild food with absurd quantities of cruciferous veggies works absolutely. I know of stories where CBD oil and complete revamp of a diet significantly helped beat cancer. Is it a cure-all? No, of course not, but reducing inflammation, stabilizing hormones, and providing the body with the whole food nutrients it requires certainly does not hurt. Especially if you're some poor sack of garbage smashing down soft drinks, whatever the hell fast food is made out of, ripping butts all day, then getting pickled every night. Does proper hydration cure concussions? Nope, but being fully hydrated helps the fluid barrier in place to protect your brain from them do it's job a whole lot better. Studies have shown that even a 3% reduction in hydration can have enormous impacts on physical and mental performance. It's why most fighters IV up after weighing-in. That stuff matters when CTE is on the line. This entire narrative that Gurrero is some charlatan strikes me as being so silly.

WOW I can't believe the personal attack on him by those 3 Cretins. Regardless of Guerroro's past, Brady never knew him from his questionable past. Willie McGinest was the guy who introduced him to Alex. Brady's relationship has been based on HIS results with him, and those results have been pretty spectacular.

I don't think it is wrong to ask him about it, but Minnihan attacked him. I couldn't believe how rationally Brady managed to confront him without reaching through the radio and grabbing them by the throat and eviscerating them on air. Instead he attempted to engage them intelligently, while they wanted to ignore all that and attack his past.

I will be interested in reading the Globe Magazine story because it will be good to find out more about Guerroro/s story. However I would be loathe to listen to these pond scum try and beat everyone down that isn't them or doesn't agree with them. Not one of them holds the high ground to speak down to ANYONE. Between them they are drunken adulterers, misogynists, and racists, and thank God their reign of terror on the radio will soon be over.

Guerrero is not someone I'd want to associate with. I love me some Brady, but he is playing a dangerous game being in business with this individual. I hope Brady can continue excelling and winning for the team I root for. All I personally care about is NE winning. So Tom Brady can do as he pleases as long as he helps the team win. But. There is no way I'd allow my name to be linked to this POS. 13 years be damned. The claims he's made are ridiculous and he was rightly called out on it.

I just hope Brady can stay out of trouble until he retires, as I get the feel he is a decent person. I do not get that feel re Guerrero.

Tom thinks the system works for him, and there probably is something to it.

The issue is when it gets overhyped and people make buckets of money off of scared people who fall for false promises like "this drink is expensive, but it cures cancer!".

I'm not saying that TB's mentor falls into this category, but there are an awful lot of quacks out there.

Tom thinks the system works for him, and there probably is something to it.

The issue is when it gets overhyped and people make buckets of money off of scared people who fall for false promises like "this drink is expensive, but it cures cancer!".

I'm not saying that TB's mentor falls into this category, but there are an awful lot of quacks out there.

This is exactly right.

Questioning Guerrero as Brady's 'guru' is perfectly understandable.

Last edited:
WEEI got a quality 45 minute interview out of Tom Brady, largely about an issue he's very passionate about, an issue that is as important for the average Joe as it is for professional athletes. We should be praising it, instead of crying because the questionable connection to a suspect character was gone into.

It explains why I am a 20-something year old woman and feel like absolute crap, just miserable, unless the Pats are playing, every day. I do exercise, but due to schedule restraints, I just don't have time to cook. I do McDonalds and water, every day. I'm actually watching my calories on the Fitnesspal app that I'm obsessed with, so that's one meal a day and some good old snacks. I do want to improve though. No high fructose or GMOs. I don't want to do the whole raw food diet because it tends to make people look very boney and older than their actual years in the face. Brady actually looks that way during the season, so I can tell his diet is something related to that. Girls at my gym, mostly vegans have the same appearance. Not a good look in my opinion but they are doing better than me in terms of health. Most 18 year olds mistake me for being their age, so I think I'm aging on the outside pretty good, at least. My insides probably suck.
GMOs isn't a problem. McDonalds is just awful though. It doesn't taste good, and you can eat a lot of it and you will be hungry in no time anyway. There are so many ready to eat meals that you can buy that's better than McDonalds.

I eat clean and subscribe to much of what Brady says, though I have never eaten avocado ice cream. As someone in my early 40s, I am always, and I do mean ALWAYS mistaken as being late twenties, early thirties. Part of that is just good genetics, but as I stopped eating junk and started eating more greens and clean foods, I was able to work out more and now I am unequivocally stronger that I have ever been. PEriod. I know this because I could never do a pull up to save my life ever and now I can. I have better muscle tone than I ever have. But I was never so strict about diet until now. And YES Coke is poison for kids or anyone. WHy anyone would argue that point is beyond me. That is not good for you. Period. Don;t give me "all things in moderation" garbage. No one's life would be ruined by removing soft drinks from it permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST