PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he was in a lot of pain after the game, he took a lot of hard hits. We'll see if he's limited in practice this week, but I think it's early to be getting too concerned. He has a week to recover, so as long as it's 'just' assorted bruises and whatnot and not something like a cracked rib he should be fine.

Thanks. I didn't have enough stuff to worry about already.

I read an article last night from someone in the locker room who claimed that he looked like a GQ model getting ready for a runway appearance, smiling and laughing, while meticulously putting on his suit for the presser, etc.

Meticulously in a bad way or a good way?

From the context of the article (I saw it on here somewhere, in the news feed) it suggested that he was just fine.

Think more Tom Brady and less Peyton Manning, so meticulously in a good way :) I didn't get the impression that he needed help putting on his socks, it was more like he was in proper spirits while looking and feeling good.

The last time I remember feeling like this was when Brady took a vicious hit in garbage time of the Pats-Jaguars game in 2012. As I recall, the Pats barely escaped that one and put up a huge stinker. It was late in the season and virtually a meaningless game. I remember Brady grimacing and appearing hurt. I don't think it was anything serious, though.

Do you believe it's silly because (a) Brady's voice is not evincing tension or (b) tension in a voice is not indicative of pain?

If (a), I concede it is possible I am mis-hearing it.

If (b), true, there are other causes for that kind of tension in a voice. Maybe Brady is upset by other things. Maybe he has pain not from the injury.

However, you must concede that significant pain does affect a person's voice (well, you don't have to concede it, but it is factually true). So tension in a voice is not proof of pain, but it is evidence of pain.

One more thing. Brady is rightly proud of his physical resilience and mental toughness. But it is an inexorable and undeniable fact that applies to all human beings: as we get closer to middle age, we simply don't have that physical resilience we had when we were younger. We might feel "young" in some sense, but at some point, the human body just does not recover from insult like it once did. This is no animadversion directed at any mental resilience of Brady, simply a biological fact, one which no regimen of diet or supplements or working out or anything else can avoid.

His voice is evincing tension doctor? What is your diagnosis?

Unbelievably silly. Making up injuries based on his voice.

Operation_Tea_Towel_hi_res.jpg

However, you must concede that significant pain does affect a person's voice (well, you don't have to concede it, but it is factually true). So tension in a voice is not proof of pain, but it is evidence of pain.

Where did you study medicine?

Tension in his voice?

Seriously?

Glad you weren't judging me based upon my late night talking with a visiting family member on Saturday night. I'd be finding out that I was on the verge of death.

OK, so we got the tension in his voice (probably because they had to punt). What was his body language telling us :D.

I'm concerned Brady was hurt on the Hardy tackle. The reasons for my concern are these:
  1. The tackle looked like it would injure a player, particularly a 38 year old man.
  2. I don't think Brady did much after the play.
  3. I heard tension in Brady's voice in post-game interviews, a tension that is often an effect of dealing with pain. I noticed this in Brady's post-game interview and in his long interview on WEEI, http://media.weei.com/a/109974676/tom-brady-defends-alex-guerrero-10-12-15.htm .

1) He's fine.
2) He went 10-11 for 165 yds and a TD in the 2nd half.
3) You're ridiculous.

1) He's fine.
2) He went 10-11 for 165 yds and a TD in the 2nd half.
3) You're ridiculous.

I don't think he threw another pass after that vicious hit, which is his point. I don't know that for a fact, but he certainly did very little compared to past games at the end.

That said, I do agree that this negative speculation is ridiculous. We don't need more stuff to worry about based on someone's hunch about tension in his voice.

He took a really tough hit, then got up gimpy. That's all we know, so I'm taking the no news is good news approach. He seemed to be in decent spirits on the sideline and after the game.

Last edited:
Can we not all admit that Brady took a shot and got up wincing? I mean, we all saw what we saw. He rarely shows pain.

However, it could've been a million things (wind, burner, lacerated spleen that requires no treatment, his back could be out) and we all know we wont hear a damn thing either way. So the speculating isnt worth it. We will all watch how he practices and wait for the injury report. I'm sure he'll be fine, he hasn't deviated much from regularly scheduled programming.

I'm concerned Brady was hurt on the Hardy tackle. The reasons for my concern are these:
  1. The tackle looked like it would injure a player, particularly a 38 year old man.
  2. I don't think Brady did much after the play.
  3. I heard tension in Brady's voice in post-game interviews, a tension that is often an effect of dealing with pain. I noticed this in Brady's post-game interview and in his long interview on WEEI, http://media.weei.com/a/109974676/tom-brady-defends-alex-guerrero-10-12-15.htm .

You apparently didn't see Tom and Julian celebrating on the sideline or the post-game footage. Tom may be sore, but if he is injured he's the toughest player in the league.

Can we not all admit that Brady took a shot and got up wincing? I mean, we all saw what we saw. He rarely shows pain.

That's because you rarely see him jog down the field immediately after a big hit.

Brady was likely very happy JE took it in for a touchdown so he didn't have to take another snap and could go to the sidelines for a breather after the Hardy hit....

Do you believe it's silly because (a) Brady's voice is not evincing tension or (b) tension in a voice is not indicative of pain?

If (a), I concede it is possible I am mis-hearing it.

If (b), true, there are other causes for that kind of tension in a voice. Maybe Brady is upset by other things. Maybe he has pain not from the injury.

One more thing. Brady is rightly proud of his physical resilience and mental toughness. But it is an inexorable and undeniable fact that applies to all human beings: as we get closer to middle age, we simply don't have that physical resilience we had when we were younger. We might feel "young" in some sense, but at some point, the human body just does not recover from insult like it once did. This is no animadversion directed at any mental resilience of Brady, simply a biological fact, one which no regimen of diet or supplements or working out or anything else can avoid.

Brady took a beating in the first half, so he will definately be sore and probably in pain for a few days. 38 yoa is not middle age. I remember 38, wish I could go back. As others have said a little magic Guerrero juice and he'll be good to go. Anyway, the Pats will probably run it down the dolts throat next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back