PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Old Drunks Scoffing At TB12's Nutritional Regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did that in response to the notion of regular ('western') medicine being the only way to go, noting such things as mainstreams experts talking about his career ending, more surgeries and the like. I don't see how that could possibly be a problem for you.

I liked his response when he was comparing his technique to western medicine, not a problem. I think his diet is a better option than the average diet. He's just giving his diet and prevention process too much credit for his ability to survive big hits and stuff. I don't believe anyone told Brady his career would end, thats just as sales pitch as far as I'm concerned. Petersen probably told the same lie, during his MVP or comeback player of the year speech.

It is laughable for him to try and convince someone that he is what he's been, since his ACL injury, because he eats avocado ice cream and sleeps at 8am. He is what he is because of repetition. He less injury prone because he is plays QB, he's smarter than Roethlisberger, he's not a statue in the pocket nor is he a running QB. He talks as if he's made of steel now. If some other dirty scrub pops his knee right (and I hope this never happens again), he's gonna fire Alex Guerrero on the spot, same as Welker likely did, as soon as reality hits.

It is laughable for him to try and convince someone that he is what he's been, since his ACL injury, because he eats avocado ice cream and sleeps at 8am.

It's not laughable:

Studies show that sleep loss and poor-quality sleep also lead to accidents and injuries on the job. In one study, workers who complained about excessive daytime sleepiness had significantly more work accidents, particularly repeated work accidents. They also had more sick days per accident.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/10-results-sleep-loss

This study is interesting because it shows that sleep deprivation can negatively impact physiology that is critical for athletic performance -- glucose metabolism and cortisol status. While no one completely understands the complexities of sleep, this (and other research) indicates that sleep deprivation can lead to increased levels of cortisol (a stress hormone), decreased activity of human growth hormone (which is active during tissue repair), and decreased glycogen synthesis.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/conditioning/a/aa062800a.htm

I don't think I even need to address your comment about the ice cream.

Forgot about ephedra/ma huang, eh?

That was used in chinese medicine for thousands of years. A former police officer Michael Ellis accused of running a meth lab and a friend founded a dietary supplement company Metabolife that sold pills containing ephedra made by Chemins. The pills contained pharmaceutical grade ephedrine and caffeine. These pills caused adverse side effects and deaths. What they were selling was very different then that used in traditional chinese medicine.

That was used in chinese medicine for thousands of years. A former police officer Michael Ellis accused of running a meth lab and a friend founded a dietary supplement company Metabolife that sold pills containing ephedra made by Chemins. The pills contained pharmaceutical grade ephedrine and caffeine. These pills caused adverse side effects and deaths. What they were selling was very different then that used in traditional chinese medicine.
They also killed fewer people than Tylenol. And water.

It was a panic of the moment thing.

Of course Canada still has it easily available. People aren't dropping dead, and the country hasn't turned into a meth lab.

Too bad, an effective medicine was all but banned because one person in very poor condition, took an absurdly high amount and a few lazy reporters decided "We must do something!"

If Brady dropped dead tomorrow the DEA would probably move to regulate avocado and ice cream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back