Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What's the worht of #34 if parlayed in to 2010 picks?

• 1st rounder and 2nd rounder

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 1st rounder and 3rd rounder

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • 1st rounder

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how much D they get in this draft. With BB's tendancy to stock for the following year, I'd be surpirsed if all three #2s are used in this draft.

But, as was mentionned earlier, I do think they'll grab someone at 34 (or two to three slots lower) and move one the other#2s for 2010.

To be honest, I was glad to see the TE & RB pickups on Friday : it gave me hope that most if not all high draft picks will be used for defense.

I was watching the NFL Network, and one of the analyst stated that a second rounder should be a starter. Thus, if the Pats keep their picks then 'should' have four new starters? It could happen, but a better outcome would be to invest in next year's draft by realizing a higher pick. If the Patriots continued that practice they could have a strong team for a long time (granted they make the right picks).

Daunte Culpepper with blown-out knee was
traded for a second-round pick. A.J. Feeley was traded for a second-round
pick.

I've got a freaking headache.. Horrible trade... Just horrible..

All I hear is how BB is great at this and that.. Lets be honest, it wasn't a great deal.. It really wasn't.. Plus you lost your starting OLB.. I don't want to hear about him possibly being cut.. We don't know that.. Maybe he would have taken less money to stay.. Bottom line, BB and the pats lost out on this BIG time.. NFL is a QB driven league.. Its like pitching in Baseball.. You can NEVER have enough.. We got a early 2nd round pick..

I'm sick of hearing Michael Holley provide stories about how BB is a master mind on deals.. He isn't.. He's gotten fleeced a bunch of times.. Trading back last year 4 spots and getting a mid round pick in return is CRAZY (1st round).. Just a few years earlier the browns and another team made a similar move and the browns gave up an extra 2nd..
And how about the CB from Balt who was so bad he barely made it one year..

As a season tkt holder, I'm nervous that the offense is going to have to win all the games again.. And if that is the case, your wasting Bradys talent because as the 07 season proved, you win with DEFENSE..

I 100% percent agree with you on A.J. Feely and it makes this trade look even worse but I disagree with you regarding Daunte Cullpepper. Before Cullpepper blew out his knee, he was lighting it up for years with the Vikings but Cassel has only played one season.

However, I agree with your assessment regarding Bill Belichick as being a "mastermind" because he isn't. I don't agree with a lot of things the Pats organization does and they are wasting years of possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game. I'm getting tired of this "cut and paste" method with their defense which doesn't work anymore. If we take a look at most of the super bowl champion teams, they have a super bowl caliber defense. The Pats clearly do not. If the Pats expect to win the super bowl they need a super bowl caliber defense to back up that offense. Their offense got caught on a bad day in last year's super bowl and the defense couldn't seal the deal. The Pats better start using their picks and stop trading them into next year because it has bitten them in the ass 4 years in a row!

Last edited:
I was watching the NFL Network, and one of the analyst stated that a second rounder should be a starter. Thus, if the Pats keep their picks then 'should' have four new starters? It could happen, but a better outcome would be to invest in next year's draft by realizing a higher pick. If the Patriots continued that practice they could have a strong team for a long time (granted they make the right picks).

A second rounder on the Pats will not be a starter. The way they've built the team, there is just too much depth to think a 2nd rounder will step in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST