PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown on Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll tell you a guy who ellis hobbs reminds me of

the late darrent williams for denver

that guy was short, good returner , but had a knack for getting burned and big wrs ate him for breakfast

Last edited:
I was and guess still am a big Ellis Hobbs fan. He saved us in 06 and I thought he handled 07 despite his injuries really well considering teams were avoiding Asante and going his way. I wish he made the play in the end but one play does not make a player (well Tyree I guess:(). But I really thought he was going to develope more and be a bonified starter and step up last year and he didn't. BB couldn't rely on him or last years rooks to save this secondary and went out and got a ton of DBs making Hobbs expendable. I think we now know he wont be a shutdown guy but I still think he can be a decent corner. I think we all should be happy with what we have in his place including me who likes Hobbs.

People are bashing Hobbs, a former Patriots' player, over comments which we don't even have in front of us.......

The regular season can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:
What do you think Brady should have said? "Yeah, Plaxico is right. We suck. We're definitely only going to be able to score 17 points. That'll actually be a miracle because the Giants defense is definitely going to butt rape us". Get the hell out of here.

:eek: Well excuse me. I wasn't trying to make Brady sound stupid or anything. I was just trying to really sell the fact that it was more our offense's fault than our defense(specifically Hobbs). That's all.

:eek: Well excuse me. I wasn't trying to make Brady sound stupid or anything. I was just trying to really sell the fact that it was more our offense's fault than our defense(specifically Hobbs). That's all.

Welcome to the board!

It wasn't your entire post, which I actually found insightful considering you're new to the board (and the new guys, well, they usually tend to be a bit trollish). It was the fact that you said that Brady's response was smug. The question directed at Brady in which the reporter asked him about Plax's comments was a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't question. He could have answered it in two ways: the first being the way he DID answer it, and the second being the way that I answered it for him in that post. I don't think he was smug in saying it. I think the reporter was a douche for trying to start a trash talking match between Brady and Burress.

Last edited:
I think the reporter was a douche for trying to start a trash talking match between Brady and Burress.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is a douche in the scenario except for people that thought Brady's laugh was "smug". He had to laugh it off. He didn't really have any options. No one calls Burress smug for making the prediction in the first place. Every good team thinks they are going to win every game they play. If they don't, they might as well not bother showing up.

yeah, definitely not the kind of guy you would leave one-on-one with Plaxico Burress in the red zone in the closing minutes of a Super Bowl when we were protecting a four point lead...oops...umm...never mind...scratch that...

So many things went wrong with so many other players--how could the sainted Rodney allow Tyree to make that ridiculous circus catch? And the ball went through Samuel's hands because why?--that to blame the short, hobbled Hobbs for that loss is really a case of selective memory. Though I agree with most of the posters here about Hobbs. He was a 3rd best corner at best.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is a douche in the scenario except for people that thought Brady's laugh was "smug". He had to laugh it off. He didn't really have any options. No one calls Burress smug for making the prediction in the first place. Every good team thinks they are going to win every game they play. If they don't, they might as well not bother showing up.

Try saying that to the Gints and their fans. That was played up by everyone here (including the players) as a classic disrespect card and became a popular mock on you-tube immediately after the game.

He had to laugh it off. He didn't really have any options. No one calls Burress smug for making the prediction in the first place. Every good team thinks they are going to win every game they play. If they don't, they might as well not bother showing up.

That's basically what I was saying... only your's was much nicer and more articulated. :D

Somewhere, Holley is weeping. No one was able to see the genious of Hobbs like he was.

I think Hobbs is the nickel back in a good defense. When he was forced to be the #1 cornerback, bad things happened...

hobbs gave his heart to this team. that's all i can ask. i believe, however, asante never gave it his all. he was all about the money.

Anybody see Troy on Comcast with Felger last night? They were talking about the secondary, and Troy thought it would be much improved. His comment was something like "especially now that Hobbs is out of here". I know a lot of others think this way, but I thought it was very interesting that an ex-teammate made that comment. Sounded like Troy was not a big fan of Ellis.

WOW! :eek:
I honestly don't know what else to say.

hobbs gave his heart to this team. that's all i can ask. i believe, however, asante never gave it his all. he was all about the money.

you dont think Asante gave it his all? :confused:

Anybody see Troy on Comcast with Felger last night? They were talking about the secondary, and Troy thought it would be much improved. His comment was something like "especially now that Hobbs is out of here".

I didn't see the show but I find it awfully hard to believe Troy would even insinuate,nevermind say something so negative about one of his former teammates. And the bolded above, well, isn't exactly a direct quote; it's your interpretation. I'd want proof that Troy Brown of all people, would say or insinuate anything like that,jmho.

Obviously you were asleep the year Asante grabbed those 10 INTs :rolleyes:

Obviously you were asleep the year Asante grabbed those 10 INTs :rolleyes:

5 of those 10 interceptions were ones that you could have made had you been playing in Samuel's space.. Heck.. Rosie O'Donnell could have made those interceptions.. Because they fell right into Samuel's lap thanks to the pressure from the D-line and LBs.

Anybody see Troy on Comcast with Felger last night? They were talking about the secondary, and Troy thought it would be much improved. His comment was something like "especially now that Hobbs is out of here". I know a lot of others think this way, but I thought it was very interesting that an ex-teammate made that comment. Sounded like Troy was not a big fan of Ellis.

I find it very hard to believe that a person as Classy as Troy Brown would say anything derogatory about a former teammate.

Since this is the only place I've heard this talked about, I am going to have to say that the OP more than likely misheard what was said since he can't even tell us exactly what was said..

What was the name of the show that this was on? Does Comcast have some exclusive show that isn't shown on Time Warner? Something smells and its not Hey Bro for a change.

5 of those 10 interceptions were ones that you could have made had you been playing in Samuel's space.. Heck.. Rosie O'Donnell could have made those interceptions.. Because they fell right into Samuel's lap thanks to the pressure from the D-line and LBs.

I am especially dissapointed that he decided to take the last drive of SB 42 off. I remember that it seemed like everyone on the team was pi$$ed they lost that year except I saw asante smiling and joking around 1 week later at the pro bowl - he didn't look like a guy who cared too much about losing the SB, only like a guy about to cash in.

you dont think Asante gave it his all? :confused:

not always. i don't think he is good or will ever be as good as Ty Law. to me he was never physical enough. he was just a route jumper who would guess when the qb would throw his way - most of his interceptions are due to this.

Last edited:
yeah, definitely not the kind of guy you would leave one-on-one with Plaxico Burress in the red zone in the closing minutes of a Super Bowl when we were protecting a four point lead...oops...umm...never mind...scratch that...

I know but the team had no other option .....and he had a bad groin to boot (wasn't returning punts because of the injury).

Horrible match-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft