PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'm a senior biology major at Marshall University. I watched Troy play here for two years, where we won a national championship (I-AA). When the other team went back for a hail mary, guess who was back there playing DB and caught the interception? Troy Brown. The man is a winner, he always has been. We in Huntington WV are very proud of him, very proud of his success with the patriots, and very proud of the organization believing so heavily in him. He is a Son of Marshall and always will be. I cannot tell you how many TB Patriots jerseys are running around this little mountain valley town in WV.

GO PATS!

Welcome to the board Marshall and thanks for your recollections of his early years!!!

First off, I'm a senior biology major at Marshall University. I watched Troy play here for two years, where we won a national championship (I-AA). When the other team went back for a hail mary, guess who was back there playing DB and caught the interception? Troy Brown. The man is a winner, he always has been. We in Huntington WV are very proud of him, very proud of his success with the patriots, and very proud of the organization believing so heavily in him. He is a Son of Marshall and always will be. I cannot tell you how many TB Patriots jerseys are running around this little mountain valley town in WV.

GO PATS!

Hi! How are things in Huntington, West Virginia? Welcome to the board. But tell me, since I'm no good at arithmetic, how long does it take to graduate in biology at Marshall? :confused:

When we had the "My Secret Patriots Confession" thread (a classic for you newcomers, by the way) mine was that I hadn't seen what all the fuss was about with Troy Brown.

This season I've lost count of the terrific plays that he has made -- defense and special teams but especially on third down on offense. Even when Brady has been "off" (which has been true too often) he has got open and caught whatever was catchable. If anyone has carried the team on his back this season it has been Troy. I nominated Warren as my "player of the year" but Troy has been a close, close competitor.

As for the play on Sunday ... what can anyone say? Without it the team is on the golf course.

The THREE "TB"'s are what the patriots are all about.

Just a view to appreciate the TB play of the SD game:

- If a defense unit scores 6 (a TO and a defensive TD) right off the bat in the 1st defensive play: it's perfect. (100% efficiency)

- Next to that is to get a TO on 1st play, and the efficiency value of the play depends on the field position.

Then, what TB and Caldwell did, as a defense unit, was getting a TO deep in SD territory on the 1st defensive play, immediately after McCree's INT possession.

What more can one say about such "defense"? Guess his years of training as a DB paid off.

Hi! How are things in Huntington, West Virginia? Welcome to the board. But tell me, since I'm no good at arithmetic, how long does it take to graduate in biology at Marshall? :confused:

I grew up here, I've been watching Marshall football for years and years before I went to school here. Sorry for the confusion!:p

Troy played at marshall in 91-92, we won it all in 1992. I was 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foOgkcysXk

There is the INT in the game, please everyone go watch! You'll see he was "Mr. Everything" at Marshall!

I grew up here, I've been watching Marshall football for years and years before I went to school here. Sorry for the confusion!:p

Troy played at marshall in 91-92, we won it all in 1992. I was 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foOgkcysXk

There is the INT in the game, please everyone go watch! You'll see he was "Mr. Everything" at Marshall!

Mmm ... I figured something like that. :D I made my visit to Huntington for Christmas 1981. Your Ma must have been in the hospital!

Even though I am a Jets fan, and you guys broke my heart, I thought I would share a little Troy Brown memory.

I had a class with him at Marshall, we had to go to a retirment home once a week and teach the residents how to excercise. This little old man walked up to Troy Brown and asked for his autograph. He gave it to him and then turned around to us and asked "how did he know who I am" now, we are talking "MR EVERYTHING" at Marshall (a small school) and he is such a humble person that he could not grasp that someone in the community would recognize him.

He was and is a true class act. I am proud that he was a part of my little school and I am proud that Pats fans realize what they have in him.

See ya on the field next year!

GO HERD!

"What Can Brown Do For You?"

-make sure handed grabs as a possession receiver
-return punts anytime
-play nickleback when needed
-score touchdowns
-make key first downs
-stop the clock by getting out of bounds in the clinch
-go over the middle and take a hit
-put a juke on to score a punt return TD against the heavily favored Steelers to get us to our first winning Superbowl
-scamble to field a blocked kick in said game, then lateral to a free Harris for another score
-strip a game saving INT from a CB vs. SD
-teach the WR position to younguns' as an on-the-field receivers coach
-play emergency QB ;)
-serve as a model for kids on how to play the game and how to act on and off the field
-run a reverse
-block downfield
-play the role of gunner
-block a kick

It goes on and on. Brown may be the best value player the Pats ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News