PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Troy was close enough to knock the ball out of Champ Bailey's hand last year after the interception,We might have won SB#4 title,He almost got to Champ after the Int was thrown from Brady which was supposed to go to Troy.

My love for Troy Brown is well documented. The man is a True Patriot. Unbelievable.

If the Patriots go on to win it all, the Troy Brown strip of Marlon McCree takes its place along Ben Rothlesburger’s tackle, the Tuck Rule play on Brady, and the Immaculate Reception as surreal and critically important plays in NFL Divisional Playoff History.

He's the ultimate sandlot player. He does whatever the coach wants, and he does it well.

I love Troy Brown as much as a heterosexual man can love another heterosexual man! And there's nothing wrong with that!

Amen,he comes up big in big games....so glad he decided to stick around for another year.

Troy Brown is a Patriots hero tonight if he wasnt already. It is amazing how he came up and stripped that ball. He bailed Tom out and gave Tom a chance to win the game and Tom did just that. Troy Brown...this guy needs his jersey retired. The play of the season right there!

Exactly. Nobody should ever wear # 80 again. He made the catch in SB 36 that basically won a championship. The punt returns. Playing defense. The catch at the Meadowlands in 1996.

Troy Brown is amazing

I must say if we end up winning the SB this year. I think we'll have to look back at all the great plays Brown has made and I think I'd pick the forced fumble. Troy Brown is the saviour and the reason we head to Indy this week.

Troy Brown is iconic of what Patriot football has become. From his humble football origins, to his incredible production in 2001, and his selfless three-way play these last few years. He's the ultimate Patriot's football player. I hope he gets lifetime of appreciation from this town that he so richly deserves.

Last edited:
Troy Brown is the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER we are likely to ever see.

I remember him asking a few years back, when asked about the Pro Bowl, why they don't have a spot for "Football Player." I hope he wins the SB MVP, so his spot in the HOF is closer to assured.

In my opinion, the HOF will not be complete until he is enshrined.

And, yes, no one other than Troy should ever wear #80 again for the Pats.

Last edited:
Troy Brown is the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER we are likely to ever see.

I remember him asking a few years back, when asked about the Pro Bowl, why they don't have a spot for "Football Player." I hope he wins the SB MVP, so his spot in the HOF is closer to assured.

In my opinion, the HOF will not be complete until he is enshrined.

And, yes, no one other than Troy should ever wear #80 again for the Pats.
He may not have quite the Hall of Fame stats for a WR but he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER as has been often said about him. Hall of Fame for Troy Brown would be amazing, I dont see it happening but IMO he'd deserve it and I am not being biased.

He da Man!

I am planning to get a couple of his jerseys when I come up there next time. What an unselfish, quick-thinking and remarkable player and a great person to boot!

I salute you Sir.

Last edited:
TB has always been one of my fav players. true team player, O D ST makes plays on 3rd down, works hard, does not complain...i have his jeresy and have always had a lot of respect for him

If the Patriots go on to win it all, the Troy Brown strip of Marlon McCree takes its place along Ben Rothlesburger’s tackle, the Tuck Rule play on Brady, and the Immaculate Reception as surreal and critically important plays in NFL Divisional Playoff History.

He's the ultimate sandlot player. He does whatever the coach wants, and he does it well.

I love Troy Brown as much as a heterosexual man can love another heterosexual man! And there's nothing wrong with that!

ha ha ha, this post is hilarious....but I would have to agree...like I said all class all day. WHat a great feeling I have today, one more week of football!! (at least) :)

thks Troy

a TRUE PATRIOT

YOU ARE AWESOME !

yesterday you made 'the play'

grazie

Troy could work for the Patriots until he is 98 years old--and he might still play nickel.

My all-time favorite play ever was in our victory over the Steelers in 2001. Troy Brown picked up the ball after a blocked field goal attempt, ran 10 yard before lateraling to Antwan Harris for a 50 yard TD romp. Classic play of heady ballhawking and pure hustle. I did that stuff in my backyard when I was 10 years old!

Troy also had a punt return for a TD.

That was the play of the season without question. It's not even close. Brady made a bad throw and was picked off, and Brown literally saved the season by ripping the ball out of McCree's hands. That was the difference between the Patriots tying the game and the Chargers running the clock out. I was almost brought to tears of joy after the Pats tied it and were driving down for the winning FG (didn't want to get ahead of myself though!). For a while it felt like a game the Pats weren't meant to win, and that they some how cheated fate. Troy Brown is the man.

Pound for Pound, there's more "football player" in Troy than the sum of All Pro's that were on the field yesterday!

There's just not enough I can say about Troy Brown. You just know he will come through. I can't remember a crucial drop by Troy. I can't remember a boneheaded mistake that cost us a game. I only remember clutch moment after clutch moment, and personal sacrifice in order for the team to achieve higher goals. Troy is the definition of flexibility and heart.

When a player like Jeter has great on-field instincts, we should say he is Trot Brown-esque.

First off, I'm a senior biology major at Marshall University. I watched Troy play here for two years, where we won a national championship (I-AA). When the other team went back for a hail mary, guess who was back there playing DB and caught the interception? Troy Brown. The man is a winner, he always has been. We in Huntington WV are very proud of him, very proud of his success with the patriots, and very proud of the organization believing so heavily in him. He is a Son of Marshall and always will be. I cannot tell you how many TB Patriots jerseys are running around this little mountain valley town in WV.

GO PATS!

There's just not enough I can say about Troy Brown. You just know he will come through. I can't remember a crucial drop by Troy. I can't remember a boneheaded mistake that cost us a game. I only remember clutch moment after clutch moment, and personal sacrifice in order for the team to achieve higher goals. Troy is the definition of flexibility and heart.

The only bad play I ever remember costing us was the muffed punt in Denver, but then he was also hit illegally since he'd signaled for a fair catch, but we all know the story of the refs in Denver.

I place the blame of that muff more on the decision to run that weird set on the punt and then on the ref for not flagging the Denver defender for hitting Troy before the ball had hit the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back