PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp Updates 7/25

Andrew's, Slate, Bentley spoke. Why not Mac Today, why not, he is our leader, speak. Tomorrow, why. Just not right.....

Several days early to make up for several days late to mandatory mini camp :whistle:
I think that he was aware of his bad press after OTAs, which lead to him posting his workout pictures and arriving early to camp. I don't think it's a bad thing, as it shows that he, who is not organically motivated, is finding reasons to put in some work.

363360050_700251132117026_1809324011247696266_n.jpg

So when will practices start? Only thing I care about

Several days early to make up for several days late to mandatory mini camp :whistle:
I think he just missed one day due to his flight being canceled, but yeah, he did miss time.

Tony Romo sucks. Can't stand the sound of his voice, nor the sounds - can't really call a lot of them words - that come outta his mouth.

Give me a PBP dude like Greg Gumbel, and an analyst like James Lofton, and I'll be happy.
Year 1 of Romo was solid. Took his job seriously and provided some pretty decent color commentary without any player worship or making weird noises. After that, it’s been a disaster that gets worse each season. I don’t know if he forgot how to do his job, decided he just didn’t care enough to try anymore, or if he was instructed to sound more like a buffoon to better connect to the average NFL fan.

I think that he was aware of his bad press after OTAs, which lead to him posting his workout pictures and arriving early to camp. I don't think it's a bad thing, as it shows that he, who is not organically motivated, is finding reasons to put in some work.
The magic of a contract year is likely his motivation. If he plays well he will likely earn another $15mm over 2 years.

Year 1 of Romo was solid. Took his job seriously and provided some pretty decent color commentary without any player worship or making weird noises. After that, it’s been a disaster that gets worse each season. I don’t know if he forgot how to do his job, decided he just didn’t care enough to try anymore, or if he was instructed to sound more like a buffoon to better connect to the average NFL fan.
I like Romo, but I am one of the only people that also liked Dan Fouts.

The magic of a contract year is likely his motivation. If he plays well he will likely earn another $15mm over 2 years.
I agree that he has been and can be motivated by a contract year, but based on the last year I need more than a looming contract year to convince me that he will be properly motivated so I've resorted to reading the tea leaves

I agree that he has been and can be motivated by a contract year, but based on the last year I need more than a looming contract year to convince me that he will be properly motivated so I've resorted to reading the tea leaves
If he plays poorly he's probably out of the league, as he won't get an offer commensurate to what he's already earned. If a new contract doesn't motivate him then he's effectively giving up on playing.

If he plays poorly he's probably out of the league, as he won't get an offer commensurate to what he's already earned. If a new contract doesn't motivate him then he's effectively giving up on playing.
I wish that motivation was so black and white, but unfortunately it's more messy than that. Currently I'm at the low threshold of it's more likely than not that Trent Brown will play at least at a starter level (based on PFF]. I'm hopeful but not overly so.

Year 1 of Romo was solid. Took his job seriously and provided some pretty decent color commentary without any player worship or making weird noises.
Absolutely; and that sentiment was near-unanimous here.

After that, it’s been a disaster that gets worse each season. I don’t know if he forgot how to do his job, decided he just didn’t care enough to try anymore, or if he was instructed to sound more like a buffoon to better connect to the average NFL fan.

Bingo.

I think Greg Olsen's ready to be not only the lead analyst on Fox, which he already is, but also ahead of anyone else on any other network.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back