PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Rumor: Steven Jackson to the Pats? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH! I'm sick of speculation. GIVE ME FACTS! I would like him here though. :cool:

What would that say to Maroney?

UGH! I'm sick of speculation. GIVE ME FACTS! I would like him here though. :cool:

What would that say to Maroney?

I dunno but I imagine he might have to give up his #39 :singing:

So they are now reporting Florio's speculation without any inside information as a trade rumor?!? I think the Colts should trade Peyton Manning to the Pats to have a two headed QB tandem so I am starting the rumor that the Pats are interested in the trade.

As for the morning guys, who really cares what they think?

So they are now reporting Florio's speculation without any inside information as a trade rumor?!? I think the Colts should trade Peyton Manning to the Pats to have a two headed QB tandem so I am starting the rumor that the Pats are interested in the trade.

As for the morning guys, who really cares what they think?

The Globe also have an article on it and we all know D&C aren't exactly big fans. lol

:80'sWeirdo:These dreammmms appear when I close my eyeeeeesss... every momennnnt of the night!! :80'sWeirdo:

Here is what Florio wrote:

Steven Jackson, at 26 years old and in his sixth NFL season, is in the throes of pro football middle age. Given his hard-nosed running style, he's only got a few more years left before the L.T.-style decline begins.

So why not get what they can now for Jackson?

With the Rams more than a few years away from contending, Jackson will be used up before they're ready to make a move up the standings.
So why not get what they can now for Jackson?

Though most contenders have guys who can move the chains, the Packers could really use him. With Fred Taylor possibly out for the year in New England, Jackson would look good in silver and blue, too.

10-Pack: Trades that should be made before deadline - Mike Florio - NFL - Sporting News

Dennis and Callahan are taking this as inside information when Florio is just throwing out speculation that Jackson should be traded. From my understanding, the Rams don't have the cap room to take the accelarated cap hit that would be neccessary to trade him (Florio reported this too later on on PFT, but somehow no one is reporting that).

The Globe also have an article on it and we all know D&C aren't exactly big fans. lol

Here is what the Globe has to say:

Trade looks unlikely

If the Patriots want to make any trades, today at 4 is the deadline.

But coach Bill Belichick said during his weekly appearance on WEEI yesterday that he “would be surprised’’ if the team made a move.
Big deals at the deadline are not the routine in the NFL. Nick Caserio, the Patriots’ director of player personnel, said he spoke with a few teams last week but that is not unusual.

“Some teams have called us, so I would say for this time of the year the conversations have been somewhat normal,’’ Caserio said. “As we had mentioned last week, the talks are usually a little bit more intense during the training camp period when you get to the roster cutdowns.’’
With receiver Joey Galloway inactive the last three weeks, it would seem the Patriots are in the market for a third receiver to complement Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

“I think you have to find if there’s a player on another club, you have to see if you can agree to some terms,’’ Caserio said. “There’s a variety of moving parts and I think it depends on the situation and I think you sort of take it as it comes and if there’s something that we feel makes sense, then we’ll look to consider it - whether it’s a trade deadline or whether it’s signing players off the street who haven’t been with a club.

“So there’s a variety of different avenues that you can use to improve or look to upgrade your team at different points during the year.’’

Banta-Cain on outside looking in after release by Patriots - The Boston Globe

Wow, wtf happened there?

I just posted there and it comes up as post no.1.:confused:

Sure, why not? We all know Moss is on the bubble, so when we cut him, we'll have the roster spot for SJack. :rolleyes:

Jesus, why does anyone listen to Florio anyway? He's wrong 90% of the time or more and livin' off those odd-"got it right" guesses he makes every now and again.

Sure, why not? We all know Moss is on the bubble, so when we cut him, we'll have the roster spot for SJack. :rolleyes:

Jesus, why does anyone listen to Florio anyway? He's wrong 90% of the time or more and livin' off those odd-"got it right" guesses he makes every now and again.

Except unlike the Moss thing, he didn't even write the Stephen Jackson to NE thing as a rumor. He just thought it is a trade that makes sense.

Except unlike the Moss thing, he didn't even write the Stephen Jackson to NE thing as a rumor. He just thought it is a trade that makes sense.

True, but the media takes anything that's on that site and reports it almost as fact. In this case, I happen to agree with him. It does make sense, I also think there's about no chance it will happen.

Well you heard it hear 4,689th... nothing is going to happen. Just some maintenance.

the pats are not tradeing for no one

and if they do make a trade with the rams it will most likely be Leonard Little he's over 35 and not what he once was sounds like the perfact patriot OLB lol

I think the term the original poster was looking for was "trade speculation". Trade rumor implies a reputable source may have actually said something. Here, we have the pure, idle speculation of a mediot.

While I think it's highly unlikely to happen, Jackson is an incredible runner with excellent hands. He would change the playoff picture drastically in the afc, and in my mind make the Pats the favorites. I'm not sure it would be possible to stop an offense featuring brady, moss, welker, and jackson. That looks like something out of a fantasy league. Jackson hasn't gotten much play in the highlights reals recently becuase his team is so terrible, but he is one of the most talented running backs in the league.

I would be willing to pay maroney and 2 of the 2nd rounders next year, or maybe even maroney + our first in 2010 and a 4th since the pick from Tennessee will most likely be close to a first rounder.

It does make sense, I also think there's about no chance it will happen.

It doesn't make sense. He's owed $5M+ this year, and 7M each of the next couple. Theres just no way they could fit him under the cap and still have the 1.5M or so you need in case of injuries.

It doesn't make sense. He's owed $5M+ this year, and 7M each of the next couple. Theres just no way they could fit him under the cap and still have the 1.5M or so you need in case of injuries.

See my post #32. No question numbers need to be reworked and moved around but everything is doable if you want it done. Money gets moved around all the time.

Green and Faulk could be extended, even if there are no future plans for them. $5M and then $7M and then $7M is a bargain for Jackson.

I don't see this happening, but we can indeed afford to trade for a $5M a year player.

And BTW, is Jackson really owed more than $5M for the remainder of the 2009 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes