PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade pick #118 down

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Any team 119-131 can trade with us to move up and it affects us in now way as the commish is going to take it anyways.

I just think it would be so great to troll the NFL during the draft. 4 picks in the 4th would have been in our possession. Something for Bill to think about on the first two days of the draft.

Any team 119-131 can trade with us to move up and it affects us in now way as the commish is going to take it anyways.

I just think it would be so great to troll the NFL during the draft. 4 picks in the 4th would have been in our possession. Something for Bill to think about on the first two days of the draft.

Not sure what you're saying. Pick 118 cannot be traded until/unless the Patriots acquire another 4th rounder that's earlier than pick 118.

I'd rather trade into 3rd round with #118, and their 2 5ths.

Would that take us out of round 4 entirely? If so, that's a Commissioner's No-No.

Not sure what you're saying. Pick 118 cannot be traded until/unless the Patriots acquire another 4th rounder that's earlier than pick 118.

The penalty isn't applied until the draft. As long as the Patriots have any 4th round picks at all (which is mandated by this ridiculous punishment), the highest pick they have in that round is forfeited.

Would that take us out of round 4 entirely? If so, that's a Commissioner's No-No.

No. Patriots still have their original 4th.

From what I read, the higher 4th must be forfeit. But that only will occur on draft day.

So, #118 CAN be traded...

New England has the 132pick or thereabouts from Seattle, which is the only pick the pats have in the 4th right now. 118 is stolen by the league -unless the Pats acquire a higher one- and is not eligible to be traded.

There's conflicting opinions on whether the pick is untradable now or on draft day. Safe to say, if it's tradable it will be traded.

What if the Pats traded down into the comp section of round 4 and made it their only pick in the round? That's the only gray area I can think of, but I'm sure if I read the fine print again that dream would be squashed.

The penalty isn't applied until the draft. As long as the Patriots have any 4th round picks at all (which is mandated by this ridiculous punishment), the highest pick they have in that round is forfeited.

This has been brought up in about a dozen threads since free agency started. We're at the point where we need a sticky thread. The NFL actually issued a statement about it yesterday due to all the misreporting:

Patriots will lose the fourth-rounder they get from the Saints

The Patriots cannot trade a pick right now that is subject to being forfeit. The pick that was traded for Allen was their own 4th rounder because the Seattle pick was forfeited at the time. Now they have that pick back and can trade it because the Saints pick is subject to forfeit.

So BB made a trade for a pick that will be taken away? Riiiiiiiight:rolleyes:

Here is another thread that's still high on the main page from yesterday. Not sure why we needed a new one when this is very visible and has an obvious title. All explanations are here.

4th round pick and Deflategate Penalty

Here is another thread that's still high on the main page from yesterday. Not sure why we needed a new one when this is very visible and has an obvious title. All explanations are here.

4th round pick and Deflategate Penalty

So you believe Reiss that the NFL has already taken 118? I choose to believe that BB knows the ramifications of getting another 2017 4th round pick. Do you really think he made the trade for 118 when he could have a 5th and 6th or a 3rd next year?
When the draft is over the penalty paid will be #132.

That's not true, as long as they have their fourth they can do whatever they want with the others. They should move it before the draft.

Just read the PFT article and it says the league is taking 118. A-holes.

So you believe Reiss that the NFL has already taken 118? I choose to believe that BB knows the ramifications of getting another 2017 4th round pick. Do you really think he made the trade for 118 when he could have a 5th and 6th or a 3rd next year?
When the draft is over the penalty paid will be #132.

Yes, I believe Reiss. Why would BB take 118 instead of a 5th? Because if he takes 118 it effectively gives him 132. If he takes a 5th it gives him 150-something. Why would he take pick 150-something when he could get pick 132?

That's not true, as long as they have their fourth they can do whatever they want with the others. They should move it before the draft.

Just read the PFT article and it says the league is taking 118. A-holes.

Please read the thread I linked to. Look specifically at Long Distance's post in page 3 where he quotes Mike Reiss. If you believe Ben Volin's interpretation over the actual information Reiss got, that's fine, but remember that you're sticking your cart to Volin's horse.

I was just thinking that. If we keep trading and getting 4th round picks we could potentially move up to the top of the 4th round. The Haters and the NYJFL* would be livid! It would be an epic troll job!

Just to clarify, it is my understanding we traded our original 4th round pick to the Colts. So our lowest 4th round pick is the Seahawks pick now.

Yes, I believe Reiss. Why would BB take 118 instead of a 5th? Because if he takes 118 it effectively gives him 132. If he takes a 5th it gives him 150-something. Why would he take pick 150-something when he could get pick 132?
If Reiss were correct, N.O. AND N.E. may have found it mutually beneficial to do a 5&6 instead of a 4. Who knows.

I said a 5th AND a 6th or a 3rd next year. If you choose to believe Reiss then you must think BB committed a huge mistake. I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick