PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough to say, but we've pretty much become chokers (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just say it. the pats choked .:rolleyes:

The Pats choked, The refs got their dirty little prints over the ending, but the Pats choked.

They could have been up by close to 30 points last night if LoMo doesn't run upright into an unblocked LB standing in the hole, or if TfB doesn't throw a redzone INT.
Sadly, all those things happened and our 4 man D-line eventually was so worn down they couldn't even stop the run, let alone get a pass rush.

Everyone says Peyton will carve up Ds that blitz, yet I think we also found out that he will carve up Ds that give him time as well. Still no pass rush...

Re: Bend don't break loses us another one

Can anyone explain why our successful, aggressive defense that we used in the first half turned into limp wrist "bend don't break" choke-a-rific Pees trademarked defensive fail?
Our DL was spent and gassed in the 2nd half because they didn't have enough capable bodies out there to continue to run the defense we saw in the first half.

What bend but don't break? We had 2 INT's and I lost track of the 3 and out's our defense forced on Manning. This game was lost when the offense couldn't pick up a first down on 4 tries.

People need to realise something

Peyton Manning is going to put up 30 points on anyone, ANYONE, just like TFB does becuase he's an all time great QB - the later in the game when the D is tiring, guys are down, the better he does

We lost becuse we didnt control the clock in the 4th quarter and thats on the offense and the playcalling

Everything we used to say about the Colts in the early part of this decade is now being said about us.

Not just talking about the losses to the Colts and the Super Bowl. But, how often do we feel safe when we have a small lead late in the game. I think we all sweat it.

Are you kidding??? Did you watch any of the three Super Bowls the Pats won? We sweated out each one.

just say it. the pats choked .:rolleyes:

I said to a friend that I thought it was the biggest choke in franchise history last night. He replied, " you forgot 18-1 already?" Since Jan of 2007, its been a tough haul.

^Yeah but in SB42 the Giants really gave them a beating for pretty much the entire game... they did well just too lose by 3 points

Last night they dominated large parts of the game... and still lost.

What bend but don't break? We had 2 INT's and I lost track of the 3 and out's our defense forced on Manning. This game was lost when the offense couldn't pick up a first down on 4 tries.

We had a 17 point fourth quarter lead. Our offense scored enough for us to win.

we had some insane stat about leading in the 4th quarter or halftime and always winning the game.this yr ..all 3 losses we have blown away halftime leads.

Maybe it is because I have been a fan since 1971. Maybe I have seen the Patriots field some pretty bad teams. I have stuck with this team through thick and thin. The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls because of Belichick. It just ticks me off that whenever the Patriots lose, people start throwing around the "choke" tag. It is the most overused excuse that people throw out after a loss. I don't feel this team choked. If they would have lost to Indy by 3 tds and not played hard, then I would have said choke. What player on the field choked? Brady delivered the ball where he had to. Faulk came down with it. Referee didn't give Faulk forward progress. It was a judgement call by the refs. This team is still in good shape. I love all you Patriot fans here, but as a longtime fan, I must say that a lot of you are spoiled by the teams recent success. How can you put a choke tag on a team that has won 3 Super Bowls by field goals?

Not to pile on, but if the Colts don't miss a blocking assignment on Willie McGinest in 2004, than this would have been the third 17-point, second half collapse by the Pats against the Colts. Yeesh.

Bill Belichick portrayed the role of Tom Cable last night...he found a way to lose and pulled a loss out of a win...thats a mighty scary thing in Patriot Nation going down the road to the rest of the season.

Belichick needs to leave the gambling when he goes to Foxwoods,enough of this gambling stuff in football which is dumb IMO,it will lose you more games than win them,thats for sure.

Last edited:
Last night game was 2006 AFC championship.

Here are the problems:

1- Nick Kazur sucks. Mathis owned him all night long.
2- Our O play calling was sh!tty. Our red zone still sucks. Why did we spend the whole summer to improve our 'red zone' when we suck?
3-Our D and O crashed under 3 mins. Did we run out of gas under 3 mins in fourth Q?
4- BB was NOT a good gambler. Why the hell did he want to go 4 and 2 at 30 yards line under 2 mins when our O was INCONSIsTENT???
5- Our half time adjustment is still lousy.
6-Wihie got burned many times last night.

My prediction? WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A 2009 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Last night game was 2006 AFC championship.

Here are the problems:

1- Nick Kazur sucks. Mathis owned him all night long.
2- Our O play calling was sh!tty. Our red zone still sucks. Why did we spend the whole summer to improve our 'red zone' when we suck?
3-Our D and O crashed under 3 mins. Did we run out of gas under 3 mins in fourth Q?
4- BB was NOT a good gambler. Why the hell did he want to go 4 and 2 at 30 yards line under 2 mins when our O was INCONSIsTENT???
5- Our half time adjustment is still lousy.
6-Wihie got burned many times last night.

My prediction? WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A 2009 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

At this point, I don't know how anyone can disagree. The AFC is the Colts to lose.

Can anyone explain why our successful, aggressive defense that we used in the first half turned into limp wrist "bend don't break" choke-a-rific Pees trademarked defensive fail?

I never usually blame Pees, but I have to say that I agree with this. The defense was flat out aggressive in the first half. We blitzed Manning and were getting pressure with Burgess at DE. On top of that, we were right up in their receivers' faces and contesting passes. All of the sudden (I think it was about midway through the third quarter), we started playing back on our heels in a sort of prevent defense and quit attacking. Manning was content to sit back all night and pick us apart, and that's exactly what he did.

BB and his staffs were RESPONSIBLE for this loss.

How could we be CHOKED in the end when we had 17 pts ? We NEVER LEARN anything.

This game proves one thing that i have 'repeatedly' said THAT BB is not that good.

It shows. He made a lot of mistakes in drafts and games.

What worries me is that I keep seeing our defense worn down by Peyton and the no huddle. Was the 4th down call the right one? Who knows. Like a friend of mine said, if KF made it a few more inches (or he did depending on who you ask), then BB is a genius. What bothers me is that the call was made because of defense was exhausted. This reeked of the 2006 playoff game where everybody was cramped up and just done. Peyton rallied in the 4th quarter because own team was tired. That needs to be looked at. It's not like playing the no huddle is new to him. I think that is why the Bills tried to implement it. They needed to be atop the AFC East and our defense is having issues playing all 60 minutes right now. But on the flip side, Bill O'Brien is calling flashy plays that get the offense off the field in no time at all. I'm pretty sure the key to beating the Colts is to keep the ball away from Peyton. We did all we could to make sure he kept getting it back. Sure we got points, but in the end, he answered every one of them plus one.

BB and his staffs were RESPONSIBLE for this loss.

How could we be CHOKED in the end when we had 17 pts ? We NEVER LEARN anything.

This game proves one thing that i have 'repeatedly' said THAT BB is not that good.

It shows. He made a lot of mistakes in drafts and games.

Belichick not that good. What are you smoking? Band wagon will stop to let you off now.

At the end of second quarter, TB threw a short pass left and right to NOBODY. What kind of ****ty O play call was it !

Our O was not any good in the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case