PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough to say, but we've pretty much become chokers (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the Pats did choke this one away and that there's no way this team lost this game 5 years ago.

some of you people need to get a grip. it's not even a playoff game. you can argue we choked in maybe 2 games over the past few years (2006 AFCCG and 2007 SB). But teams that win consistently often end up on the choking side sooner or later. The yankees choked plenty of times (and they also are the winningest team ever.

There are some benefits a loss may have on us. We were bound to lose sooner or later this season. I seriously would have doubted that the pats win 13 straight en route to the super bowl after the Denver loss. Also, losing to the colts in bad manner like this gives us some motivation if we meet them again. We'll have just about all our horses back for that game including fred taylor. They'll get back gonzalez and Hayden but that's about it. We can definitely beat them in INdy as we outplayed them most of the night.

--'06/'07 AFC Championship game vs. Colts: up to that point, the worst choke-job I've seen since I started following the team in the 80's

--SB 42: toughest one to swallow, but considered a choke only due to it being the SB, the 18-0 season, us being overwhelming favorites, etc. etc. However, overall the Giants played a better game that day, so the game was only a choke in the eyes of fans of other teams.

--Last night: worst ever--monumental choke job b/c we OWNED Peyton and the Colts for 56 minutes. I had non Patsfans friends calling and foolishly congratulating me after our last TD b/c it had been such a beatdown at that point. We can discuss officiating, coaching decisions, a gassed defense, etc., but put everything together and last night was the bitterest pill to swallow yet.

So even though I don't follow other teams closely, these have to be three of the biggest, if not the three biggest football choke jobs in memory, all in the span of the last three years. Homers flame away all you want, but the OP has a point, and acknowledging such does not make one a "bandwagon" fan.

We've become what the Colts were in 01-04. Luckily they haven't become what we were in 01-04. They still love the "one and done routine" in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes