PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torrey Smith takes shots at Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, yanno, I think I'm getting to just be the kind of guy that says "Right here at home temp's always perfect, better camera angles, blah blah blah."

It's not like I've "sworn off," it's more of a critical mass thing -- and of course, as you say, there's always the opportunity for a-holes, but that's true anywhere you go (especially w/drunks everywhere LOL)

Torrey's opinion is a pretty standard one, I've learned. As a military person I obviously travel around a lot. When I let it known I am a Pats fan people usually groan. When I ask why the answer is always the same (and has been for 17 years): "I used to work with a Pats fan back at (wherever), and he/they were incredibly annoying and arrogant." Every. Single. Time. That's the answer I get. At least from 10 different people. It's a pretty universal opinion of our fanbase, and has been at least since 96.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong, I am just relaying what I have been told.

What's funny is Torrey is complaining about class while kicking a fanbase that is down. He's still upset about the thing after his brother died, which I get. But he does understand that would have happened no matter WHO he was playing that week, right?

This guy is such a f&*ucking idiot. I'm a Pats fan (obviously) and I've always respected him as a player & person - especially after the game he played AGAINST US in week 3 last year!

But what does he do? This ignorant idiot starts insulting the ENTIRE Patriots fan base and team based off a tiny handful of insults he heard from a few Pats fans. That was back during the season he went off about it. Fast forward to right now, and this ignorant idiot is STILL going at it on Twitter about the Patriots?

This guy is a joke. No longer has one bit of my respect.

...But what does he do? This ignorant idiot starts insulting the ENTIRE Patriots fan base and team based off a tiny handful of insults he heard from a few Pats fans...

Perhaps you should read him again:

I understand that every Fan base has bad fans what I'm saying is NE fans have more than others and think they are better than everyone else

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/status/348625144706650112

I don't think he was particularly wise to say what he did, but you're jumping a bit far compared to what he said.

the gillette crowd is full of a bunch of Dbags if you are wearing the other teams jerseys

the gillette crowd is full of a bunch of Dbags if you are wearing the other teams jerseys

Perhaps so but in the many games I've attended I haven't seen abuse. Never once heard the N word there either. But that's just my experience.

I DID hear Bledsoe called every name in the book. But wait, that was me.

...To the "Torrey Who" crowd, he's a third-year guy. Here are his stats.

Torrey Smith: Career Stats at NFL.com

Were we to pick him up, we'd be yammering about what a great addition he is as a deep threat... but we didn't, we're all pissy about what he's tweating... so it's Torrey Who?

First, thanks for answering me, the only one asking who he is.
Secondly, where are your wheaties? I need to urinate and since you already accused me I figure I got a free one.

REREAD MY POST and apology accepted.

3113737-422944-give-pests-the-flick-with-an-isolated-hand-flicking-a-huge-dead-fly.jpg

Go away.

Torey Smith "takes shots"

Uh, could we choose a different phrasing? Hate to see Goodell reflexively suspend Smith.

I've been to NFL games in only two cities: Foxboro and Baltimore.

I've seen how fans of opposing teams get treated at Gillette and it's pretty disgusting. Because of what I saw at home games, I went to M&T Stadium ready for some nasty stuff. I was blown away by how nice everyone was in my section and while tailgating. It really opened my eyes to how terrible our fan base can be. So I don't blame him.

Every stadium has bad fans...good and bad eggs everywhere you go. That should be obvious.

The player in this thread sounds like a little girl. What a pansyass...

Every stadium has bad fans...good and bad eggs everywhere you go. That should be obvious.

The player in this thread sounds like a little girl. What a pansyass...

I cut him some slack in that his brother had just died. Not your typical whining.

Sounds like anyone who would get mad at this is exactly the kind of person he was talking about, and only proves his point further.

My biggest problem is that he obviously chose to do it to take shots at Pats fans (or at least the Pats fans he is talking about) in wake of the Hernandez stuff. I don't think it is particularly classy to take a shot at a fan base at a point when the organization is dealing with some serious issues.

True.

What was the timing of his tweet though? Just curious...

I THINK the tweet is recent, leading credence to the theory that he is indeed an *****. But hey, it's hard to forget about an unpleasent association with the death of your brother.

Sounds like anyone who would get mad at this is exactly the kind of person he was talking about, and only proves his point further.

Huh?!? What kind of logic is that. Maybe the people he claims use to N word to him on Twitter, but it is understandable for any fan to get upset at a player who takes a shot at their fan base.

Huh?!? What kind of logic is that. Maybe the people he claims use to N word to him on Twitter, but it is understandable for any fan to get upset at a player who takes a shot at their fan base.

because hes talking about BAD fans in this fanbase, not the entire fanbase.

So if this offends you in any way, you are one of those bad fans he was talking about and will only further prove his point by getting mad about it. See how im not mad? Because Im not what he is describing. :)

because hes talking about BAD fans in this fanbase, not the entire fanbase.

So if this offends you in any way, you are one of those bad fans he was talking about and will only further prove his point by getting mad about it. See how im not mad? Because Im not what he is describing. :)

I have a problem with him taking shots at Pats fans because of the Hernandez thing. If he said this two weeks ago, I wouldn't care less. Just another moron player making a moron statement on Twitter. He saw an opportunity to kick a dog when it is down and take shot at Pats fans.

And BTW, I used to go to Pats games all the time (season ticket holder for a decade) and I never had a single altercation with anyone other than a drunk Patriots fan who was acting like an idiot to the people around him who were also Pats fans and I told him to sit down and we had words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News