PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 4 Players that would help the Pats Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vrabel is washed up crowd is hilarious...

I'm not laughing.

Like cstjohn wrote: great breakdown, but I just don't agree w/ the assessment - at all. TE & DL as Day One priorities? I don't think so. Going by my philosophy of drafting the BPA at a Position of Need, I would be looking at: CB, SS & DE - in that order - on defense; OT, OG & RB - in that order - on offense. A Blocking TE, which is what we need, can be had throughout the draft, incl. post-draft UDFAs. This FO simply hasn't looked hard enough for one.

Why will Wilfork be a RFA if 2010 is uncapped? He will be a 6 year veteran at that point and should be eligible for full free agency.
One of the poison pills of an uncapped season is RFA shifts from 4th year to 6th year.

One of the poison pills of an uncapped season is RFA shifts from 4th year to 6th year.

Drafted in 2004, sixth season in 2009 = UFA in 2010, no?

I'm not laughing.
Yes, but you started as captain downer well before the season started, so this is no surprise.

Pees initially was using Adalius in coverage to assist Mayo and then Guyton. As the two rookies have gotten better in coverage, Adalius has been used more as a pass rusher. I suspect Vrabel's production will pick up a little as Adalius' impact is adjusted for by opposing offenses. Woods is taking a handful of Vrabes' reps each game, no more, based on playing time you could make the argument that Pees and Belichick aren't seeing the same lack of production you report.

Like cstjohn wrote: great breakdown, but I just don't agree w/ the assessment - at all. TE & DL as Day One priorities? I don't think so. Going by my philosophy of drafting the BPA at a Position of Need, I would be looking at: CB, SS & DE - in that order - on defense; OT, OG & RB - in that order - on offense. A Blocking TE, which is what we need, can be had throughout the draft, incl. post-draft UDFAs. This FO simply hasn't looked hard enough for one.
You've identified your "position of need," but this begs the question, why? I'm willing to consider your arguments as to why these are positions of need, please share your anaylsis.

Blocking TE is a misnomer, if all BB needed on the edge was a blocker he could use a spare OL. I'm looking for an all-around TE who can block in-line, pass protect, lead block, and create mismatches in the passing game, in-line or split wide. That is a Day One talent.

Just my two penneth.....

Day one needs - OLB/DE (as in, demon pass rusher), OL, S, DL (back up for the boys), TE, in that order. I'd be tempted to throw RB in there too looking at our situation.

He's only a 3rd year Soph. But, I love Aaron Maybin - PSU. He's playing de
in a 4-3. But, he's only 6'4" 240lb. Great wingspan. 4pct body fat. Great motor.
Got a chance to start when Mo Evans got suspended for getting caught with
a little weed and ran with it. Justin King aside. Most PSU guys stay. Unless they are
a lock to be a top pick like; KiJana Carter or Lavar Arrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3