PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too in love with the shotgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to read the post I responded to in your highlighted passage if you insist on playing the post police.

Of course I did, and the OP perceived silliness had nothing to do with anything. Both thread-cr*ps were pointless.

genius. that explains why they can't run left? but i guess neal was the straw that broke the camels back.

the funny thing is that three weeks from now people are going to be yelling at too much shotgun. or maybe even today

Mankins was terrible in the game. He would be "left". Neal is the team's best pulling guard on running plays. That would be "left" The team didn't lose because of the shotgun and it didn't lost because the best coach in the NFL didn't follow MrBigglesWorth's hindsight vision.

Mankins was terrible in the game. He would be "left". Neal is the team's best pulling guard on running plays. That would be "left" The team didn't lose because of the shotgun and it didn't lost because the best coach in the NFL didn't follow MrBigglesWorth's hindsight vision.

you should be more open minded and less arrogant.;)

but I'm sure they appreciate you making excuses for them.

you should be more open minded and less arrogant.;)

but I'm sure they appreciate you making excuses for them.

I'm being neither close minded nor arrogant. The same ridiculous arguments are made every time someone thinks they know more than the coaching staff, be it the OC, the DC or the head coach.

Rather than point out the 18 wins last season, including one against the Giants, people point out the 1 loss as if it was the summation of the entire Patriots history.

I'm being neither close minded nor arrogant. The same ridiculous arguments are made every time someone thinks they know more than the coaching staff, be it the OC, the DC or the head coach.

Rather than point out the 18 wins last season, including one against the Giants, people point out the 1 loss as if it was the summation of the entire Patriots history.

that is totally ridiculous, half this board is about analyzing coaching decisions and personnel moves.

the other half is news reporting.

what is the purpose of the board?

no matter what we say it won't change any coaching decision, but i personally think it's alright to provoke questions and thought.

that is totally ridiculous, half this board is about analyzing coaching decisions and personnel moves.

the other half is news reporting.

what is the purpose of the board?

no matter what we say it won't change any coaching decision, but i personally think it's alright to provoke questions and thought.

And yet when I disagreed with what I felt was a silly question that was poorly thought out, you labeled me even as I was doing what this board is about, and 2 other posters assailed me for daring to point out the silliness of your argument in light of the facts.

Pots and kettles. Totally ridiculous indeed.

Last edited:
And yet when I disagreed with what I felt was a silly question that was poorly thought out, you labeled me even as I was doing what this board is about, and 2 other posters assailed me for daring to point out the silliness of your argument in light of the facts.

Pots and kettles. Totally ridiculous indeed.

the whole point is not in disagreeing, it is belittling someone's opinion and calling it "silly".

yeah run the ball three times and it gets stuffed so stop trying.

nice logic. try something a few times and give up.

glad you're not the coach.

How many carries and yards did Maroney have in Week 17? The Giants made it clear they were going to stuff the run again and when we tried, the results were the same in the Super Bowl. That's why the Giants defense is so good. They have a scheme predicated on stopping the run while being able to apply pressure on the quarterback with their front four at the same time.

By the way, I'm very glad that none of us is the head coach. BB has probably forgotten more about football than your or I will ever know. Oh, and just so you don't have to get off your ass and look:

NFL Game Center: Post Game - New England Patriots at New York Giants - 2007 Week 17

I give up. Courtesy and respect isn't a common quality any more.

No wonder why Patjew left.

the whole point is not in disagreeing, it is belittling someone's opinion and calling it "silly".

If you don't want to have your opinion called silly, don't post silly opinions. Also, read my first post again. You'll find that I didn't call your O.P. silly at that time, yet I was still assailed by Boston Boxer. If you have a civility issue, take it up with him.

Last edited:
If you don't want to have your opinion called silly, don't post silly opinions.

And the conversation descends into absurdity. Must you crap on everything? There are more productive alternatives, of course.

If you don't want to have your opinion called silly, don't post silly opinions. Also, read my first post again. You'll find that I didn't call your O.P. silly at that time, yet I was still assailed by Boston Boxer. If you have a civility issue, take it up with him.

oh great logic.

so I don't say anything but someone else does and you insult me.

real mature.

wasn't this directed at me?

wasn't this directed at me?

It was directed at your post, in response to your complaint. I didn't insult you. As you pointed out, this is a message board. The last time I checked, that didn't mean that we had to all buy into opinions we consider silly.

Last edited:
It was directed at your post, in response to your complaint. I didn't insult you. As you pointed out, this is a message board. The last time I checked, that didn't mean that we had to all buy into opinions we consider silly.

It's an irrelevant distinction. The point is that you could have easily addressed the OP more productively and you chose not to. And then you persist in calling things silly. That's pretty silly to me.

thanks. I didn't know being called silly( when the intention was not to be) was a compliment.:rolleyes:

It's an irrelevant distinction. The point is that you could have easily addressed the OP more productively and you chose not to. And then you persist in calling things silly. That's pretty silly to me.

What strikes me as silly is how the people jumping on Deus now are doing so under the guise of defending the board from the attack mentality each of them readily exhibits here and elsewhere when they think a post is...silly... LOL

It's not irrelevant. As is often said "love the sinner, hate the sin". You see, there is a difference between the person and the action, and criticizing one is not necessarily criticizing the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye